JFK files to be released

Discussion in 'History' started by Excape Goat, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Trump says he will allow the release of JFK files. The majority of Americans still believed in some of the conspiracies behind the assassination. I myself believed that something bigger is behind Lee Harvey Oswald. I do not know if those files would give answers to some of the questions, but this would be an interesting week.

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing new were revealed.

For me, the most interesting was the call made to the senior reporter at the Cambridge New before Kennedy was shot in Dallas.

Many conspiracy theorist, researchers, etc have made the connection with the mafia, Castro, Cuba, etc. I knew Oswald was in Mexico before the assassination, but the timeframe was never on my mind. I do not know if the phone call to the KGB was anything new.

I don't buy the death threat on Oswald. If someone just killed the President, people would make death threats against him.

My main question about the assassination have always been Jack Ruby. I do not care about grassy knell, three tramps, etc. I don't know enough about guns to make a conclusion about the magic bullet. Oliver Stone's movie illustrated something about multi shooters. The angle did not seem right. It made sense that there was other shooters, but I would like to visit Dallas one day and see the location for myself. I also saw countless videos of sharpshooters testing their skills to see if it was possible for Oswald to make those shots. Oswald was not a bad shot according to his military record..... he could have been very lucky or I should say JFK was very unlucky. As for why he did not shoot at the best a angle and waited for the car to turn..... he could have hesitated. Shooting a president is not something Oswald did before.

Many years ago, I read that Dallas police gave a description of a suspect in which Officer Tippit reacted to it, but no one knew how and why the police came up with the suspect(it could have been the movie). I did not really research enough about that part.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I diod not go into my opinion about Ruby. A person who worked with the mafia does not sound right. Shrine Sirhan, Mark Chapman, John Hinckley, Eric Harris, etc all sounded liked lunatic gunmen. Paddock appeared to be "normal", but he was not related to organisied crime. Rub's identity seemed to be too controversial to be someone just losing his mind.

4. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a very basic 80-90 meter shot with no wind.