Jetzt Neu: Germany National Team - Road to Rio 2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She also had a Nadine Keßler rising to prominence coincide with a perfectly timed booking forcing her to change her attack for the important semi final too.

I've just learned Behringer is the tournaments top scorer...:confused::speechless::ROFLMAO:, but Germany will need to outscore their opponents if they hope to win any medals in Brazil. One of Popp - Mittag - Marozsan - Huth will need to step up big for Germany to get past an equally turgid Canada.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought Brazil were handing out beat downs on teams in the group stages, but it shows how little attention I've been giving this tournament to now find out that Behringer's currently leading the scoring charts lol.

I honestly think Däbritz has been a shining light for Germany in this tournament, with Kemme coming close behind her too; but yeah, I feel like I'm being completely trolled right now when it comes to assessing the chances of Neid possibly leaving with her final run deemed a success....
    [​IMG]

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While I have to agree about Hermione Ill have to disagree about Kemme. She was just awful vs Australia. Hermione in DM/CM is the only one who has played on par so far. Perhaps also Popp. but the rest was just awful. Cant say much about bae though cause shes played out of position.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This tourney is a complete joke. The rest of the world is. Europe gets 3 pof 16 starters and 2 get into the semis. ******** this shit, are the Euros there yet?

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I only saw the second half vs Australia, and I thought Kemme was the best German player in a poor quality match vs Canada, so your probably right lol.

I also think Popp's doing good work to create things with the little she has to work with too, so it makes you wonder what she could do with some actual service, where beyond hopeful crosses thrown towards the box her team mates provided her at least one opportunity to shoot at goal with her feet....:rolleyes:

And yeah Leupolz is a CM, so it's unfair to judge her productivity when she's tasked with completing things she's not really suited to do very well. I mean from what little I've seen Huth looked dangerous and sharp in the short cameo she had vs a very defensive China, and should probably start vs Canada if it's a straight up decision between her and Leupolz for the wide right role, no?
    Yeah, I honestly believe it should be U-23 like the men's competition, but when you see the slow development of certain regions, I can see why some people would want the women's game to have more to do with the Olympics, not less.

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    next game---Canada's fwds are over rated, they usually score from garbage plays due to turnovers by their opponents midfield. This is then where they try to dominate the central part by bringing in numbers up there/you can often here Herdman yelling at his players "to hold the line" at midfield. While Herdman's way is taking control by brute/physical way, Neid has similar's plans as far as taking control of the mid area, but it's more due to a disciplines short passing game, and here's the worry, that it's going to get disrupted by Herdman's more physical players.

That is why I hope that Neid takes a page from Meinert's 2014/u20 team and tries more long balls, as to avoid the trap/or clash that Herdman has set up at mid. It would of been nice to have Bremer in there, but perhaps here is whee Huth can take over too, as we've seen her plenty times lash on to a long ball at Potsdam this last season.

since youtube has banned any of the current Olympic highlights, I found this instead from an friendly a couple of years ago. While it's not absolutely shown, judging from the quicker/up tempo scoring chances, Neid might of all ready kown back then to avoid battling with Herdman for the midfield

7. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maroszan will clown the Canadians so much that Canada will apologize to her for not being worthy opponents

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really want to agree here, but she's done NOTHING for much of the time she's been wearing a senior jersey, with all of her most significant performances coming around the same time Keßler's star was moving into the rarefied air as the world best CM.

She has all the ability, but outside of the Euro's semi vs Sweden, one Algarve Cup tournament, with a few friendlies/WC qualifiers, Marozsan has never looked the same player with boundless potential in Keßler's absence.

And now I guess Däbritz fills the void left by Keßler, making Batfink look even more incorrect...:rolleyes:

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Noshowroszan when it would matteroszan?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Well this is where I've always felt Popp is the superior player to a Sasic, as Popp is deceptively good at being able to feed on long balls to constantly test teams using a high defensive line.

Does Neid know this.... I don't think so, as she's generally wasted Popp out wide, but if Huth comes into the team on the right, Germany will have a very mobile front line all capable of running with the ball if you let them turn, also posing a legit threat in behind the oppositions back four should they come up against a high line too.

Yes, Meinert's 2014 side used long balls to exploit various teams high defensive line, but this was also as much to do with that particular team missing vital mid-fielders through injury, as it was a necessary strategic change of tactics based on who and what was still available.

See, Däbritz looked promising next to my least favorite CM option aka Behringer, so unlike the U-20's this team actually has some form of CM presence to work with.

But seeing how confident Canada's defense are in using their athleticism to bail them out of poor positioning, I agree with your thinking Germany could find a lot of openings if Neid (this time) uses her forwards correctly, and skip playing through the fragile CB's and CM areas so much.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hopefully too, the attackers can take on CA's defenders 1v1, as their surely get some free kicks from the over zealous defense that the Canadians often display. Germany's offense has yet to get fully on track, and help but wonder if this is the game that they will explode!

12. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    La la la la finale!

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is by far the worst German wnt I've ever seen, but hey.... still using that terrible defense, they only have 45 minutes to ride their luck and prove people like me wrong lol.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With the first 45 minutes over I'd say....
    [​IMG]

15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sara Däbritz....
    [​IMG]
    Germany's best player scores another great goal.

17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Worst German NT is still better than all those other pleb countries. Rio Rio wir fahren nach Rio!

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not just yet, but so far kudos to you...

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hermione <3

Olympic semi final and you can understand every word thats been spoken on the field

20. pikuchan

pikuchan Member+

Jul 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're in the final!

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

The worst German wnt I've ever seen, but well done....:thumbsup:

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so this waste of time of a crap pickup tourney is not over yet?

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Beside the beauty of telling the Canadian coach to shut his damn mouth Popp's performance was excellent, Däbritz continues her ascent towards being considered one of the very best, and the worst defense in the tournament pulls out a clean sheet to get themselves into a highly unexpected Olympic final lol.

The fact no team is able to crush them at their worst, bodes very well for Germany moving forward facing these teams in the post Neid era.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    here it is
    765650183522807814 is not a valid tweet id

25. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card