Jetzt Neu: Germany National Team - Road to Rio 2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This isn't a shock though. What's shocking is Neid's insistence on picking the same dross, even though she has more than a few other options to use in order to possibly turn a continued horror show, in to a ugly but highly valiant defeat in the next round.

Bartusiak as captain remains an epic fraud who's position/status on this team never makes sense, but when she along with the other defensive disasters show their true colors all over again, why can't you do what Meinert's done with her U-20's and drop them, to instead go with something like...
    Peter -- Kemme -- Hendrich -- Maier
    ---------------- Goeßling ------------------
    I mean is that honestly any worse than seeing a team with no DM, hang on to hope that either Krahn or Bartusiak can defend and start quick attacks...?

Even if Magull is too uniquely specialized aka creative for Neid to put into her team, Kerschowski shouldn't be a more important factor ahead of a league standout like Huth either.

The stubborn unwillingness to accept the reality of club footballs growing parity alongside the international level has finally caught up to Neid and her coaches, and now everybody's witnessing the truth behind Jones decision to evacuate all things connected to the former coach.. well, once this is all over.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    didn't watch, but after seeing the scoreline, the only good thing about it is that at least it lands them the weakest team in the quarter finals, China. It least should give Neid one extra game to realize what she's doing wrong! And before anybody laughs at that, remember that back in Euro 2013, her team was underwhelming in group play and even in the quarters. before coming to life in the semis.

Now consider this; there's one team in the world that has a winning reocrd against the US in the last 5 years; yep! Sweden!
    Arch enemy France has now to take on the red hot Canadians(and they rested some of their best players in the last game)

So, not trying to say Neid got her opponents where she wants them to be, but there is always HOPE

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    hashtag #souveränitätsiehtandersaus

even bae is pissed :D

P to the Wee repped this.
  4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well Simone Laudehr is out for the rest of the tournament...

5. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Too bad. I'm not surprised though, after that tackle.

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    she's being replaced by a fwd in Huth(which at least might make Batfink happy, lol) but not sure if their problem is really upfront? At first, I would of picked midfielder, Magull, but now looking how bad all four cb's(Krahn, Bartuziak, Henning, Peter) have played, I would of gambled and bring in Hendrich instead

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Silv probably still thinks Popp at LW is a good idea. so Huth as a CF makes sense

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #383 Batfink, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    My main issue was seeing Kerschowski and Islacker placed ahead of Huth, knowing Huth had just come off a stand out season for a struggling Potsdam, where her ability to create chances on her own should have been much better suited to a Silvia Neid side constantly lacking any clear direction in a cohesive system, or intelligent tactics.
    In the year where Krahn looks dreadful for a relegation contender Leverkusen, Peter get's replaced by a 19yo CB prospect at WOB, Henning's body has all but given up on her to compete at the highest level, with Bartusiak no longer relevant to Frankfurt's entire back four... we see Germany head to the Olympics with all of them still at the core of their coaches hopes of keeping opponents scoreless in Brazil lol.

Of course Hendrich should have been the player called up in place of Laudeher right now, but we're talking about a coach who hasn't rectified her teams most conspicuous issue for a solid 5-8 years, and oddly expecting/hoping she'll do it now with everything finally falling to pieces with what's looking to be Germany's worst team (In a very long time), and this also in her final tournament too...:unsure:

See, I don't understand how the other youth coaches in the same program can understand the need to play technically proficient girls with solid athleticism in the teams CB's roles, but Neid persists with individuals who can't even maintain 1st choice CB status within the elite of the current female club scene.

Elsig - Wensing - Cramer - Wesely - Prießen - Demann.... I could go on and on with many more examples here, but Germany has plenty of players who've all excelled while being deployed at CB for various international junior and club teams, and where have they been when it comes to finding starting time for the senior national team in CB roles..?

3 consecutive U-20 finals, and we're supposed to believe this particular 6 year span in time hasn't seen Germany create at least 2 elite level players capable of playing at CB...?

9. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahahaha eat shit USA

Gilma1990 repped this.
  10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like I said, Silv is genius

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I do think this were an overall better performance from the Germans.

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    where are thou, @Batfink ? you old haider

13. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ohne Amis fahren wir zur Halbfinale!

Romario'sgurl and Gilma1990 repped this.
  14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Huh, I'm guessing somebody (USWNT fan) was talking trash, but I don't think it's wise to take the bait after beating the not so mighty China by a single goal lol.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't know who they were playing, let alone understand that it was happening today lol

I'll check the score/highlights later.

Romario'sgurl and Cris 09 repped this.
  15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're gonna win gold and we'll all take our shirts off in celebration

Gilma1990 and White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you sat with sixpack on your couch for 90 minutes yelling your head off because of the damn Silv and Behringer and shit

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just seen the result and the resulting Solo led fallout; I get it now...
    [​IMG]
    Well, if that's "overall better"compared to the group stage it's not really saying much lol.

Seeing China waste a late PK, you do realize Germany still could have easily thrown this match away..?

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, no. The way my avatar may seem in here, is VERY different to my actual demeanor in the real world following this team play. Yeah I'm harsh on Germany, but often to many peoples irritation around the BS women's threads, I think I've always been harsh on all of the women's teams who regard themselves as elite.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Neid changed the formation to a 4-2-3-1 vs China, this time using Däbritz as Behringer's partner, and it seemed to look better than relentless confusion caused trying to deploy her beloved Behnringer within a 3 player mid-field.

As everybody can see, Germany's defense still sucks facing opponents who use 1v1 and quick transitions of play, but it was nice to see Huth play a part in the final stages, even if it was still part of a turgid style lacking genuine creativity.

Like somebody else has already mentioned, we're still waiting for Marozsan to showcase her ability in a senior team jersey, and this isn't 100% on Neid either; but now their at the semi's not having produced a single impressive display, I have to laugh at the fact Germany are now ONE win away from a medal, with this game coming against Canada in a tournament now missing both France and the USA...:confused::ROFLMAO::speechless:

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Hope Solo disgracing the Solo family name more than Kylo Ren."

icebreaker and blissett repped this.
  20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Cris 09 repped this.
  21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "I'm very proud of this team. But I also think we played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today. I think you saw American heart. You saw us give everything we had today,"

"Sweden dropped off. They didn't want to open play. They didn't want to pass the ball. They didn't want to play great soccer."

"I don't think they're going to make it far in the tournament," she added. "I think it was very cowardly."

[​IMG]

It seems Neid wasn't the only person in women's football who didn't get the message of the female game's improved ability to defend deep and counter attack. Plus I'm pretty sure I've seen the U.S. women do the same thing to both Brazil and Japan in the 2004 and 2012 Olympic's finals too lol.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

did I get this right or what! doubt if Canada can win twice in a row vs Germany and then it's on vs Brazil in the final, a team that Germany hasn't lost to in near memory!(though they were my pre tourney pick to win gold)

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didnt realize it until later but Behringer out of a miracle is leading the goals scored stats with 4.

[​IMG]

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ohhhh......
    [​IMG]

icebreaker and White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    when you realize they are trolling you

Batfink repped this.