Jerseys!!! Let's talk about them (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PORTO.PORTO.PORTO, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Guys guys...lol...Today at school...lol...I saw this kid wearing the new Italian Puma jersey...lol...I wanted to break out laughing. It looks even worse in person!

I cant believe that have actually put that jersey into mass production...lol...you guys have no idea....it was so ugly, espically with his backpack on...lol

2. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    I'll be successful because I work hard and will go the extra mile for people

Naif statement of the year... :rolleyes:

And again more ignorant and insulting generalizations from nothing but your own personal - and may I say judging from your speech - limited experience.

I've been there tons of times

... Yeah but you don't live here, and therefore know very little about the Portuguese reality. Economic and social.

More generalizations. :rolleyes:
    I'm sure no one ever complaints about anything in North America because it's all so damn perfect already.

Just because North America is more develloped than Portugal, and already has better structures and better organizational models in place, that doesn't make you, or anyone else in North America, a harder worker than a Portuguese person.

I'm not interested in your specific situation, or ChopSoccer's. I'm insulted by the fact that you can extrapolate from THAT specific situation and call every person in Portugal lazy.

You have no fvcking idea what Portugal is, or what living and working in Portugal is like.
    Do not make the mistake of thinking that your "summer time" notion of Portugal :rolleyes: is what this country really is.

The moment you start buying into the same stereotypes that foreign people have about Portugal... you become a plastic.

And a twat.

3. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal

Yes... It's unfvckingbelieavable. It's like.... the minute they cross the border they become harder workers. :rolleyes:

4. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    Simply not true.
    At least not as a "general rule".

I've been to restaurants where after I had my meal I make a small observation like: "Everything was fine but you should ask the chef to taste"... whatever... "because it didn't taste that good"... and when the check comes, they didn't charge whatever you complainted about.

But notice at what level you're talking: "cafes", "restaurantes", "mercearias"... these people in general have no formation.
    Anybody can open a "cafe".

5. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    I'm shocked by your stupidity.

Yes, we don't drive BMW's here because we're lazy and don't want to work in construction or cleaning houses.

That must be it.

6. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I am from Nazare...all we have is tascas, pastelarias and tabernas.....i guess i shouldn't be expecting great customer service!!! :D

I also been to United Colors of Benetton in Coimbra, and because they thought i was a CMON AKA GRINGO...they were saying..."iste filho da ******** nem tem dinheiro para mandar cantar um cego, mas vem para aqui gastar o nosso tempo"....which i answered......"Este filho da ******** nao tem dinheiro para mandar cantar um cego, mas se for para mandar cantar uma ********, sera que tu cantas??"

I am portuguese by birth, and i live there until 9 years ago, i have experienced alot of none customer service, but to say all portuguese people in Portugal are laizy is not right either. All my family is there, and we do have our share of laizy asses, but the majority is hard working.

7. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ

I have to agree with you on the customer service part, but as far as what people drive here and there, you cant compare it. Some executives there dont have an X5.

Just be happy with the quality of life that we have here and the toys we could afford. Thats why our parents left Portugal

BTW... WHat does this has to do with jerseys????

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your an idiot and completely missed the point.

But I'll give you the chance to prove me wrong. Go to Braga (or find someone to do it) get me a XXL long sleeve home and ship it to me. I will compensate you fully.

What's that? not gonna do it? why should you?

EXACTLY the Mentality for those people who unlike you are SUPPOSED to get products to customers.

I love Portugal but to say it's 100% perfect and that they work on average as hard as a North American or hell any other country in Europe is completely Ludacris. There is a reason the economy is one of the weakest in the EU and it has little to do with size.

9. River Eddie Plate

River Eddie Plate New Member

Nov 9, 2005
    New York
    It sucks cause I wanted to get a new Italy Jersey so bad.....But I can't bring myself to buy that thing. Who approves this crap ? I am staying with my old one ! :(

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ... Yeah but you don't live here, and therefore know very little about the Portuguese reality. Economic and social.

Yeah I do, reality is they like to take it easy and enjoy life nothing wrong with that except that they don't produce as much.

More generalizations. :rolleyes:
    I'm sure no one ever complaints about anything in North America because it's all so damn perfect already.

Just because North America is more develloped than Portugal, and already has better structures and better organizational models in place, that doesn't make you, or anyone else in North America, a harder worker than a Portuguese person.

People complain in North America ALL THE TIME, you know what happens? Change. Does that happen in Portugal? Not for a long time.

I'm not interested in your specific situation, or ChopSoccer's. I'm insulted by the fact that you can extrapolate from THAT specific situation and call every person in Portugal lazy.

yeah it's the first time I experienced bad customer service in Portugal :rolleyes: and I never said all Poprtuguese people are lazy I said that they don't work as hard on average and that is true.

You have no fvcking idea what Portugal is, or what living and working in Portugal is like.
    Do not make the mistake of thinking that your "summer time" notion of Portugal :rolleyes: is what this country really is.[/B]

Funny that's when they get all the tourists and business is up, you know where they work their hardest.

The moment you start buying into the same stereotypes that foreign people have about Portugal... you become a plastic

Stereotype? wow your not even trying. That's everyone's go to excuse "oh it's just a stereotype. I guess Portuguese people don't like Bacalho, and futebol those are just stereotypes. I guess my fathers complaints about how slow and lazy things are in Portugal was just some ramblings he came up with because he wanted to leave the country because it was too perfect, and life was grande without much food and money.

So have you ever been to North America? maybe it's you that's making genneralizations because so far every Portugeuse person here has agreed with me, strike that you ARE completely wrong to dismiss any of my claims, I know what I'm talking about and your patriotism is completely blinding you.

And a twat

Now your screwed.

11. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    did this really happen? Did you tell them this to their faces??? :eek:
    I can't stop laughing. :D

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Of course i did...i was pissed off. Just because my wife is of color and i look like a loser, it doesn't give them the right to talk like that....you should have seen their faces. :D

13. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :D You think the team you cheer for got anything to do with that???

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I actually had a NJ Devils hockey jersey on.....you know what they say of Jersey people ;)

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I got the Benfica sweater on and ready for the game, Soccerdude remember the one you had to saw the logo on it?

by the way any new material on Beira-Mar?

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    still waiting, I'll post it on the website and notify all here when I do receive it. Believe me, I'll throw a party when it arrives! :D

17. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    An excuse...
    Well, to you it may be just an excuse, since none of this touches you directly. After all you're a canadian.

What year did he leave?
    Let me guess... it was before '74.

It doesn't matter wether I've been to N.A. or not, I'm not the one making ignorant claims about something they don't know.

My single claim is that you're a plastic twat.

18. trondheim

trondheim New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Canada
    GoodDead I agree with you completely. I've been to Portugal a few times and if you love to go into a shop and get completely ignored then you are right! Portugal is the country for those type of people! I am also very frustrated in dealing with Portuguese businesses both online/phone and in person. They don't want my money... is everyone there filthy rich? I am appalled!! It took 6 emails and 2 phone calls before finally getting my issues with Vitoria Guimaraes resolved and in the end all they did for me was tell me that the on-line loja will fianlly be operational next week! This is all very sad! The only success I ever had in the past was with a company called planete football on-line which is in Portugal but is run by a couple of fellows who were originally from England. Problem is they appear to have gone away from carrying Portuguese club shirts.

19. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    There you have it, ladies and gentleman. Portugal's productivity problem: we like to take it easy and enjoy life.

It has nothing do do with having an education level that's 30 years behind the rest of Europe or N. America.

It has nothing to do with having an obsolete industrial tissue.

It has nothing to do with the fact that our entire society has had a mere 30 years to recover from 50 years of oppresion.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the country has no natural resources

It has nothing to do with the fact that our work force is, in general, not given the same means of produtcion that other countries have (modern machinery and equipment, technical formation, etc etc)

No.

It's because we like to enjoy life. :rolleyes:

Are you Dutch Master in disguise?

The summer, you know-nothing plastic twat, is when every thing in Portugal STOPS except tourism.
    Maybe that's where you're getting the idea that people here don't work.

Again

Are you Dutch Master in disguise?

20. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wonder why! :rolleyes:

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

we can have theme for the Beira-Mar annual feast :cool:

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    An excuse...
    Well, to you it may be just an excuse, since none of this touches you directly. After all you're a canadian.

I have my Portuguese citizenship, and I love the country and the country loves me. What I don't like are morons (you)

What year did he leave?
    Let me guess... it was before '74.

close :rolleyes: '81 loser.

It doesn't matter wether I've been to N.A. or not, I'm not the one making ignorant claims about something they don't know.

OH YES YOU ARE!

My single claim is that you're a plastic twat.

are you dutch master in disguise? btw, from now on have fun posting the way you do and enjoy my editing.

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    That would be a very lonelly party :D

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Let's continue the jersey discussion in this thread...