Jerseys!!! Let's talk about them (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PORTO.PORTO.PORTO, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we're expected to get Academica's jersey soon... check often here: www.HookedOnSoccer.com

2. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Seriousely. At first I hated the circle around the number. Then it grew on me and I liked it.

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    First half-decent shirt for 2006, actually Japan's wasn't that bad either looks like adidas has the right idea, just those 3 stripes are getting so played out when it comes to footbal jerseys

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    portugal in all red will be a eye catcher.... but your right we have to get use to them to like them....

i wouldnt mind if we had the black and white jersey looks nice....

5. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    not the new one that looks like a tv box in the middle.... :eek:

but this one is a beautiful jersey.... kappa seems to make the best looking jersey not to fancy and little detail.

6. trondheim

trondheim New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Canada
    I love the Kappa jerseys smart looking and comfortable. I would actually love to get my hands on the Vit. Guimaraes black one used in this years UEFA Cup.

7. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    with the blue logo.... :eek: it looks like a tv screen....

but i have the bolton jersey and the tottenham which is also kappa....

8. trondheim

trondheim New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Canada
    Hey what can I say I like the TV screen! The home league shirts with the NOS+ aren't bad. I own a long sleeved match worn Spurs shirt from a few seasons back really nice shirt.

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what part of canada do you live? trondheim....

10. trondheim

trondheim New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba... just moved here 6 months ago

11. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    from where.... i did a gig up there a few year back nice people.

12. trondheim

trondheim New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Canada
    Vancouver and before that Oslo

13. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    In my opinion, Euro 2000 had the best collection of jerseys.

14. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Portugal retro jersey will be the new black jersey. Since Nike wants to go retro, they probably should have gone with Portugal's 1966 look, but if the new jerseys look good, then I won't complain.

Spain's new jersey looks good. Good job by adidas.

15. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Its all over Europe ,actually i should say European countrys with a Latin influence(Italy,Spain,Portugal )The Greeks,Turks and easter European countries are the same....Exceptions arethe Germans,Austrians,SWISS...

But dont worry customer service in the Us is not much better either ,you try going shopping in one of these modern malls,,,,you will be greated by a teenager chewing gum and poping balls while talking to you....

The good thing about the restaurants in Portugal is that even tough you wait ,you wont walk out of there hungry............

But i think you guys are exagerating as far as the Customer service concept....

Every country has its bad apples....Us and Canada are no exception.....Airline personnel for example ,After the Airline deregulation act of 1976 the customer service people at AIRPORTS in the US has become horrendous ....Than again when you pay $ 8.50 an hour i guess we cant expect much better ....

God Bless Portugal

16. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Amen i agree with you 110%.....I guess if we were all so laizy our country would still be back in the stone age....

I dont think he saw a beautifull new bridge,a bunch of beautifull stadiums ,the biggest shopping mall in all of Europe ,all the new Hotels and resorts in the Algarve.....

I couldnt said it better myself ,Hes stereotyping the ntire Portuguese population ,just like the ignorants that come by this forum once in a while....

If Portugal is so laizy and their customer service is so bad and you feel like you dont belong there ....Than do yourself a favor Travel somewhere else....

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've only spent a small amount of time in Portugal, but from my experience, the United States is far superier when it comes to customer service compared to Portugal.

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm sorry but I have to agree 100% with GoodDead. I lived in Portugal from the age of 12 to 16 and go back to Portugal pretty much every summer; the difference in customer service between Portugal and the US (I' assuming Canada too) is night and day... Since I've had the store I've had to deal w/ the following companies: PortoComercial (FC Porto), Lacatoni (Braga gear), TBZ, adidas Portugal, Reebok and just recently Puma. So far the only decent service I've gotten has come from Puma and that's because they're trying to impress because of getting Sporting next season. Lacatoni was the absolute worse, not one e-mail or phone call: They're like: " Ah, o meu colega nao lhe ligou? Estranho, pedi para lhe enviar um e-mail tambem." I literally have to make 5 or 6 calls before I even get someone on the phone. It is amazing and disheartening, they promise they'll get back to you by the following day and if you don't call them back in 3 or 4 days they forget you even exist. I ask them to notify me via an e-mail when they have received my payment and the stuff is ready, and again if I don't call nothing gets done. I leave voice-mails on cell phones it's like I didn't even call. To give another example: tomorrow we're supposed to get a big Benfica order that I placed September 25th :cool: It's unreal and really sucks! :mad:

19. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

I lived in Portugal till the age of 32 and i think you guys are all over reacting....

I just bought a bunch of Videos from a company im Miami "soccer videos" ,i paid for them with credit card ,paid for insurance and they promised me that the package would arrive within 3 or 4 days .....After 1 week i called they told me it was on their way....I decided to check it on the USPS web site ,only to find out that the package had been delivered to a totally different address i live in Harrison Terrace they mailed it to Harrison ST.

I told them about this ,they promised me a new package and i waited 2 more weeks for a new one.This time they got the right address....I than had to report my package stolen to the USPS ,because some dude signed for it....And my concern was my Credit card information was on the receipt....

I could go on with horror stories as far as customer servive in this country......

I am a Manager for a major Airline at Logan....And we order our Deicing fluid from Dow Chemical.....Their plant is in NJ.......I litterally have to give their truck drivers a couple of hundred bucks everytime they do a delivery just to make sure that next time i need them they will come to my company 1st........

It just seems that Portugal is worst,but theres an explanation for that.....Smaller country ,less competition ,and you have to stick with the same guy because hes problably the only guy that has what you need......

Its no different here........Except if your not happy with 1 company ,you go to another and that company will try to impress you and after a while their servioce will drop,you than move on to another one.....Its like Cable tv in the US ,they promise you a certain price and 2 months later you open your bill and your being charged double.....

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow, I almost missed this. You got some f'n nerve I'll tell you right now. I already know for a fact if I start a business in Portugal I will be successful because I work hard and will go the extra mile for people. If you think that sounds like how Portugal already works your sadly F'N mistaken. I've been there tons of times and everything about how they work is s...l...o...w. i've tried every immaginable way online to reach SC Braga, TBZ, Lacatoni, RedBoys, Bracara Legion about getting a jersey and either I don't get a response or I get an I'm sorry and you know what? I'm not surprised.

So maybe I'm just some guy who cares right? Wrong in North America one guy asks for something and everyone breaks their back to get his business.

So maybe if a credible retailer wants to do business they will step up right? Wrong ask ChopSoccer.

and I will look the other way for you calling me a plastic twat, the fact that you called me a twat is annoying but calling me plastic (especially you being Portuguese) is infuriating.

BTW this is your only warning calling a mod a twat is asking to be kicked out.

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You are soo f'ning right :D

The hard working portuguese are the immigrantes :eek:

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    DAMN STRAIGHT.

Immigrants in general no matter the country are the hardest workers because they have to start at a horrible job and work beyond all their boarders in order to live comfortably.

23. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RedBoys, Bracara Legion->shouldn't have the product to begin with...

SC Braga->paid TBZ to take care of it

Lacatoni->only paid to manufacture

TBZ->paid to distribute

I think we can see the dead-link.

24. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Gooddead can be alot of things but he is not a plastic :D J/K!!!

I lived in Portugal until i was 18, i am 28 now and i go back home on a regular basis. My parents own their own business (import/export). So i feel like i can add something to this.

We all love our country (Portugal), but customer service is a word portuguese people don't know what it means.

Just to give you a simple example....if i buy a coke at a pastery in Portugal and the coke is flat and i want a refund or exchange...all i will get is a swift kick in the groin, be called a twat and send me on my way.

In North America business will live and die by their customer service, in Portugal they just don't care about the customers.

We are not saying Portugal is worse that USA/Canada, the customer service is.

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yup, that's why I'm very proud of our portuguese community in Canada. Yeah we have the stereotype of all being contruction workers and house cleaners but hey, my dad was a construction worker and my mom still cleanes houses and I'm dam proud of them both. They are living an honest life, make good money and have a house, car, etc.....