Jersey Thread: Amor à Camisola!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Figo still..lol

I was thinking of getting a Q-man one for my younger cousin. Then get a Nani for the older 1 and a Ronaldo for the kid.

This jersey is going to be used for EURO 2008 right?

2. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yes, this is their new away jersey for 2007 thru 2009.

3. Luís Figo 7

Luís Figo 7 New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    New site looks sik.
    I've been working my ass off in retail, and it sure will pay off soon...thanks again HOS.:D

4. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I def want a Quaresma white jersey.... but im goign to wait to see what number he gets... he def wont be wearing 27 come tournament time.

5. paiva7

paiva7 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Toronto
    I think Quaresma will get #7. I've noticed the players that the players from euro 2004 that are playing now have kept all there numbers. Even when they weren't called up for freindlys Scolari wouldnt use there number. Ronaldo i think is going to keep 17 and Quaresma will take 7 since he cant take 27 for the euro. Almeida will probably take #9, just the only number i'm not to sure of is #10, cause i doubt he'll be calling Viana again. If Moutinho is called for the 23-man squad he'll probably get or M.Fernandes.

6. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nani might get #7 as well. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not feeling this new jersey, it might still grow on me, but hopefully the new red jersey looks better than this one.

7. Luís Figo 7

Luís Figo 7 New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    WOW, WTF...
    Hooked On Soccer, has got to be known as a class place...
    They offer you good service and always keep in touch, Esp CSD aka Paul.
    I always get my stuff their and it's never once been a problem.

Now comparing...
    We'll I 've been wanting a Figo jersey this year for a while...since HOS didn't have it I went with OnionBag. They're also located in New Jersey.
    [​IMG]
    I had to pay $12 for shipping on only 1 jersey, then I had to pay UPS $30.81!
    That's 43 bucks, when the jersey is on for $82. As well, Hooked usually takes 4-5 days, and OnionBag took 6 days. :mad:

I'm totally pissed off at what a rip off I got. Weight shouldn't even be an issue. I always buy from Acheio as well (Portuguese Music Store), last time it was 5 cds, which weight more then 4 jerseys, only $6.

Sorry, for getting of topic, but for those who are uncertain about Hooked On Soccer...they provide great quality and a great price.

8. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't understand why Nike decided not to bring over the Porto Away '08 jersey this year to Canada. I want one!

9. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thanks for the kind words Luis Figo_7; BTW we do have the Inter Figo Home and Away but unfortunately we do not yet have it on our website... (when you don't see something posted on our website give us a call, it's toll-free!) :)

10. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ... and more bad news: Apparently Nike will not have Porto Home and Away jersey in North America for the 2008-09 season. Which really sucks! :mad:

11. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That will change once Porto wins the Champions League this year!

12. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is there any good reason behind this? Or does it simply come down to bad sales in North America?

13. Luís Figo 7

Luís Figo 7 New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Ahh man...
    I remember that...lol:rolleyes:

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    on the Nike site it claims that Portugal will have a "uniquely Portuguese number font" Hopefully that means brand new font based on something Portuguese (Street signs, art) and not that we get that crap font from '06 that had to be changed cuz Nike managed to forget a widely known rule about breaks in the numbering. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping there is more to the home version then the away it's a bit to blank. Only CSd knows and he is Johnny Tightlips. I wonder when we can expect a launch? I guess February, so photo leaks within January?

15. azulcrema1916

azulcrema1916 New Member

Jun 1, 2007
  16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    definitely the Home jersey is a lot more stylish, eye-opening jersey IMO.

The red is nicer than the current red, more brighter and not as dark. I'm sure you'll like, being a Braga fan and all...:rolleyes:

17. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Home jersey and all other gear (warmups, training apparel etc...) is only due to be released around April 1st

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    same as '06...very imaginative by Nike :rolleyes: I was hopin for something in between this and Turkey's font which is a bit more exotic.

19. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I like Turkey's font as well. This font isn't bad, but it was much better when it was broken up with the line. Also, they made the letter font smaller, which I think is a downgrade in this case.

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Debut or for sale? I'm sure we should be seeing some leaked photos within the next month. Croatia's home have been revealed (all red and white checkers...shock)

I'm hoping there is more to the home then away, We should get some collars or something, some type of design, anything, those two green lines on the away should of carried all the way up to the neck, they are barely visible and add nothing to the kit.

Why Nike went back to cookie cutter uniforms is beyond me.

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The lines made it look dumb and very hard to read giving the already odd shapes of the numbers. I was happy when they had to fill it in.

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I meant for sale.

23. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :)CSD-Any chance of you getting any long-sleeve Portugal away size small? I went by about a month ago but smallest to be had was medium, lemme know.

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey CSD will Nike be releasing Long Sleeve home kits?

25. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Two things:

1. Anyone know of a place in Toronto where I can get Bwin Liga numbers printed on a jersey?

2. In the SCP-FCP game today I saw Raul Meireles put on a warm up when he was subbed off and it showed Quaresma with it as well near the end of the game. I thought that this http://cgi.ebay.com/FC-Porto-07-08-...oryZ2887QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem was the only style of warm up jackets that porto had for this season. So I was wondering if anyone else saw it, it was a light blue with FC PORTO printed on the back in fairly large print, and if it was available. I can't find any pictures of it right now but I'll try to find some.