Jersey/Stadium Sponsor

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by no pain, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to merge this with the other jersey thread???

2. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Done.

3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Potential marketing slogan? "Sutter Health - you may not hate us as much as you hate Kaiser!"

4. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey that sounds pretty good as far as health care goes!

bobby_guzman repped this.
  5. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we could have Sutter Health Bone Broth night now :)

Beerking, mjlee22, JohnWP and 3 others repped this.
  6. JohnWP

JohnWP Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Monterey, CA
    This off-season in a nutshell:

BS: We need a goal scorer!

*Quakes sign scrappy, proven MLS goal-scorer.

BS: That guy sucks! I've had it with this team! Oh, we also need a left-back!

*Sign left back from top Costa Rican club.

BS: I've never heard of him. He's almost thirty. Stupid Quakes. We need to sign young exciting players.

*Sign crowd-favorite 28 year-old DP, who can also score goals.

BS: NO NO NO! DPs are supposed to be 38 year-old guys who won a world cup a decade ago and whose Serie A jersey I already own! C'mon Quakes get something right.

*Draft highly touted GK to push Bings and maybe provide cover if Bings' Nats career takes off.

BS: OH for F#*k's Sake! These guys are just the worst kind of people. John Doyle kicks puppies and Kaval, well, don't get me started. I mean we need a jersey sponsor. Without one we're total crap. A laughing stock.

*Announce shirt sponsorship with reputable health care firm.

BS: OH for the love of . . . I can't even . . .

EastBayGrease, DotMPP, krudmonk and 3 others repped this.
  7. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP:

BS: We need a goal scorer!

*Quakes sign scrappy, MLS journeyman from scrap heap.

BS: That guy sucks! I've had it with this team! Oh, we also need a left-back!

*Sign 29 year-old left back from top Costa Rican club to back up previously injured 30 year-old left back.

BS: I've never heard of him. He's almost thirty. Stupid Quakes. We need to sign young exciting players.

*Sign crowd-favorite 28 year-old DP, who can also score goals.

BS: YES! Great job Quakes! About time you made a good move!

*Draft highly touted GK because he was the best player available regardless of team's needs.

BS: OH for F#*k's Sake! John Doyle is a short-sighted idiot continuing to damage the Quakes. Kaval, well, don't get me started. I mean we need a jersey sponsor. Without one we're total crap. A laughing stock.

*Announce shirt sponsorship with reputable health care firm.

BS: Really? Waiting two years with no sponsor, we sit in the heart of Silicon Valley with some of the world's most notable companies, with a brand new stadium, and this is the best the FO has to show for years worth of trying to get a sponsorship deal?

Beerking, Ultan, Quakes05 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    King of Dead Horse Beating is back. LOL can't wait for the Pubic to get to MLS so this fool can jump ship and we won't have to listen to his incessant bitching anymore.

9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cute. Is there something I can help you with?

Still mad because you made yourself look like a fool arguing jersey sponsorships?

10. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Still trying to parse this...vaguely concerned it might be obscene and I'm not cool enough to get it???

11. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He's from Sac

Pubic = Republic

QuietType and DotMPP repped this.
  12. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #337 bobby_guzman, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Help me? LOL, drop the patronizing bullshit, man. You live in a freakin Cowtown, you ain't good enough to patronize anybody son.

Earthshaker got the facts to back him up, so I made my peace with him. You, on the other hand, are just a no-show. I owned your ass when you keep whining about Seattle and Xbox. Made you crawl into a hole back in Cowtown until Earthshaker came and bailed you out.

Get lost bro. We have enough Debbie Downers from actual Quakes fans, we don't need one from the Republic, too. Save your bitching for your team, dude.

13. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Republic fans try to smear my team, I put them in their place. This is a Quakes forum, and as far as I'm concerned, we Quakes fans already do enough self-whipping on the Quakes.

We don't need some fans from other teams (especially Sac Republic aka You Only Sing When You Winning) to come in and criticize our team. That's the business of Quakes fans. Sac fans need to worry about their own damn team.

14. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohhh, the rivalry's gonna be, and maybe ready is, really good. :geek:

sacrxy repped this.
  15. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the whole purpose of jersey sponsorships is to increase brand awareness and loyalty. Plus they get the Quakes' account back at PAMF or SutterHealth. I'll bet the Quakes will probably get some kind of discount on their medical expenses.

16. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yes, more customers to not profit from!

17. TigersFIMA

TigersFIMA Member

Aug 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly so. Pretty sure the Quakes were using Stanford orthos in Los Gatos. Had signed jersey up in the office and met Shaun Francis at PT there.

18. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Based on QuietType's avatar (an image of Wondo in Quakes gear), and his frequent posts on this forum, I take him to be a Quakes fan, despite living in Sacramento and understandably supportive of his local club. Whether or not he will remain a Quakes fan if and after Sacramento enters MLS, I think it's fair to say he is one now.

Moreover, even if for sake of argument he's purely a Sacramento Republic fan, he's not trolling but instead expressing what appears to be a sincere viewpoint, which is appreciated by me whether or not I agree with it.

19. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Whenever I meet and speak to people from countries with nationalized, socialized, single-payer (take your pick) health care; that is, every other wealthy country and an increasing number of developing ones, they are aghast at the raw deal we have relative to their home countries.

So I doubt they would care much about jersey sponsorships while resting easy that they can't go bankrupt because of health care costs.

markmcf8 repped this.
  20. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #345 QuietType, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Please. I've been posting on these forums over 5 years before you showed up. I've been a Quakes fan for years. I watch every game. I've made the trip down to SJ to see them play live many times, which is more than most outside of SJ can say. You showed up after the 2014 World Cup. But please, tell me again how I'm not a Quakes fan, and I need to get lost.

You got mad because I disagreed with your jersey sponsor opinions, explained my stance and used Burlingame to back it up. I didn't drag anything out nor make personal attacks - you were the one who did that. I didn't even get to see some things you said before a mod cleaned it up.

Anyway, others have already done so, but I don't need to attest to my love for the Quakes. Simultaneously being a fan of my city's team in a lower division (not to mention, our affiliate) does not make me an enemy or less of a Quakes fan. There are many people in my same boat, like mangerson and others who love both teams. Not easy for most to understand, but I don't expect people to, especially if you live in SJ already.

Agreed. It's a good thing I'm a Quakes fan.

21. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18,000 people go to Avaya Stadium, many of them have supported the Quakes going back to the days of 1996. Guess what, most of them are not on this forum. So the time spent on this forum doesn't mean squat. You may have watched more games than me, bought more merchandise than me, but it still don't matter. We're both on the same level, we both can criticize and we both can be criticized.

The only folks who may be above-reproach are Don, Colin, and Co. Other than them, everyone's fair game. If you're a jerk, you get called out, simple as that.

Regarding the sponsorship arguments you made, when you brought up Burlingame, I shot you down easily. When you bring up Seattle and Xbox, I and a few others shot you down, too. You had no rebuttals until Earthshaker showed up and bailed your monkey ass out.

The other Quakes/Republics fans Mangerson and 30King are far fairer posters than you are. They are fans who criticized because they care. You just criticize for the sake of criticizing. You beat a dead horse so bad it resurrected and became a galloping zombie.

Then start acting like one. Jersey sponsor is now signed, so set aside your whining, and enjoy it. Don't twist every little positive things into negative issues.

22. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate your weighing in, Don. And I agree: a sincere viewpoint, negative or positive, is always appreciated. All of us in here (including myself) have complained about jersey sponsorship. But we all understand that it takes time, and that it may or may not be a tech company, for many reasons already listed. As long as it gets signed, for a good amount of money, and it's a reputable company, then we're good to go.

But for someone to continually beat the dead horse, to focus only on criticizing, to spin every positive news into negative issues, is downright disgusting to me. It makes it seem as if that person is using our team as a target to channel all their hates and anger in life toward it, and no matter what our Quakes do, it will never be enough, and they will always be condemned. That sickens me, and I'll call it out when I see it.

23. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jersey deal is signed. The team has some new revenue stream rolling in, lets hope they spend it wisely.
    Time to move on....

24. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Let's wait and see how the season pans out john, you may be eating these words towards the end of it.

markmcf8 and JohnWP repped this.
  25. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm down with this.

Yo QuietType, my apologies bro. Made it a bigger deal than it should be. We all harp on Quakes FO left and right, so I figure once they actually do something nice, we should go ahead and enjoy it :) *HUGS*