Jersey shops

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by halfnelson31, Nov 15, 2003.

1. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    are there any good jersey shops around DC/Northern VA?

2. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    The answer might want to be added to the DC United FAQ thread. I've seen a few of these threads now. Plus I'd like to know of any in the DC/Annapolis Area.

3. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    I thought this was already in the FAQ thread... I guess it never made it...

The best selection I've seen for Jersey's and whatnot is Soccer Pro Shop in Fairfax.

10412 Lee Hwy
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    map
    It's in the same shopping center as Hooters... if you've been by there.

Another place that sells a decent selection of jersey's is called something like Matt Godecks Rugby Supplies... that's not quite right... but someone on here should know what it is. It's in Fairfax too... although the name of the street has skipped my mind.

4. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Actually, the name is Matt Godeck's Soccer/Rugby (and Rugby/Soccer depending upon which sign you read), so TCompton was very close. Here's a link to the store with a link up top for "directions to the store" that has a map.

http://www.godeksoccer.com

It is on Gallows Road very close (about a block or two away) from the Dunn Loring Metro (Orange Line). If you know where the intersection of Route 29 (Lee Highway) and Gallows Road is, then you're almost there. There is a Taco Bell and Pizza Hut on one corner (well the Pizza Hut is almost on the corner), and if you turn onto Gallows in the direction of the Pizza Hut (and the Metro) you'll see a series of warehouses on your left between the Pizza Hut and just before the Metro. One of them has a Kitt's Music (orange/black sign). Essentially right there you'll also see the Matt Godek's sign. Turn left into the warehouse parking lot and just about the last one in the back is the store. It's easy to miss, so remember it's on Gallows between the Pizza Hut (by the Taco Bell) and the Metro. Sorry for the crappy non-map directions.

-Digital

5. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    not to be bothersome but what kind of selection do these places have?

6. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FAQ material
    If youre around Richmond check Strictly Soccer.
    tons of Jerseys and diehard dc fans too. I've gotten so many jerseys from them. normal prices but they tend to have a bunch of sales such as free bobble head with dc jersey purchase or % off sales.
    i think they have a website let me check...
    http://www.strictlysoccer.net/

they are having a sale right now.

7. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Soccer Pro Shop has a pretty good selection, if I remember correctly... they had racks seperated by nation or league... I'm not really sure how many teams within each league there were, but over all the selection was pretty good.

Matt Godecks (thanks DT) has a little smaller selection, mainly the big name teams from several leagues...

I just thought of another place that I think has a jersey's too. Soccerkicks on Wilson Blvd has them... I don't remember their selection, but I remember one of their walls being pretty much all jerseys though. Their website has their address... (and that's about all it's useful for).

8. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I don't think that place is there any more. I remember driving by it and not seeing it.

9. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its on the other end of the same mall. But the name may be different now too.

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    On the plus side, I live close by, so if anyone goes there, they can also buy me a beer.

Sachin