Jersey Numbers...

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Ronaldinho14, Sep 12, 2004.

1. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    dellci stop being a little b*tch

2. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    im wearing number 6 as a winger right now..i wanted six but some BS player has it:( o well the number doesnt make the player

3. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    what in the world did you just say

4. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah dude wtf?

5. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    lol what in the heck? what are you mad about then?

6. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fúck you! How can you have a poll about good numbers without 4 or 8?

7. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Of the more traditional jersey numbers I prefer 10 (as i voted) or 8 (Stoitchkov). The most suitable ones for the kind of player I am.

20 is cool too, it's often used as a back-up number for those who see themselves as a 10 - when the prefered shirt is already taken.

I've worn 77 for a long time though - the year of my birth. It was very unusual (in Europe at least) ten years ago when I first started using it. But I'm sad to see that high numbers are becoming more and more of a trend. There was some talk about David Beckham wearing 77 when he went to Real Madrid, that would have been the end of my use of it. Hassan on Besiktas is the only player I've seen with it ..

High shirt numbers are, like with white boots, meant to be something that makes you stand out and something only for the creative star players. It loses its effect when everyone use it - even mediocre fullbacks wear white these days. It will soon be a fashion statement to wear the original black - maybe a pair of Adidas Copa Mundial will blow all the other players mind ...

8. blake17

blake17 New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    USA
    I wear #17. #21's pretty cool too. i think anyway

9. ReyesIsMyMate

ReyesIsMyMate Member

Sep 9, 2004
    London, UK
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #21 for me--> good players seem to wear it --> Juan Carlos Valeron (Deportivo La Coruña + Spain) dubbed the spanish Zidane, Santiago Solari (Real Madrid and Argentina), Pablo Cesar Aimar (Valencia and Argentina) --> according to Diego Maradona 'the only footballer i'd pay money to see'.

I'm waiting to have it offered me along wit ha contract by any club that wants to pay me good money to be lazy and play in the hole :D

10. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Only cos he can't afford the plane journey to come and watch me!

11. ReyesIsMyMate

ReyesIsMyMate Member

Sep 9, 2004
    London, UK
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    lol@dellci

that's because he's to busy crying on tv about how he wants to go to cuba (because he get's free drugs whenever he wants).

i can't blame him really --> if i had a son, who went to train with dunfermline in scotland, and disappeared off the face of the earth, throwing the name diego maradona into the footballing wilderness, i'd want to end it all.

mind you, his daughter dalma looks like a bit of alright :D

12. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What creative star players have high numbers? I can't think of any off the top of my head, Mido is 99 for Roma but I sure wouldn't call him a star.

13. gimpy

gimpy New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    13 all the way baby. Most people used to not get it but now people are atracted to it. In fact a guy took my number on my highschool team. So I went with 23, my reserve(no not b/c of becks)

14. hkeat

hkeat New Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Malaysia
    definitely number 7 or 10 for me. loved number 7 ever since i supported man utd. the number 7 have been by many great players in man utd like cantona, becks n the upcoming star ronaldo. my idols. number 10 is because it's common for playmakers. tat's y...

15. arcticduane

arcticduane Member

May 1, 2004
    Bradford, England
    I've arguably got the best numbers in footie. 7 at club level and 10 and school level. Yet tomorrow im no.7 CENTREBACK :eek: i hav no idea how to play there but the other centre back (a player who i rate) is playin with me so ill be ok. Im only playin there because we r playin a strong side so the manager needed sum pace at the back.

16. Ronaldinho14

Ronaldinho14 New Member

May 16, 2004
    Oregon, USA
    10, but because I'm a freshman (in HS) I get a crappy number; 17.

17. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always take 13 if it was available. When I play indoor soccer the numbers only go up to 9 or 10 so I usually ask for the largest one. The only time I can remember not wearing 13 was my soph. year of hs when they lost the fvckin kit, instead I got 17.

18. twenty

twenty New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    I like 20. I don't know why. I just think it looks cool. I used to like 9 in middle school, because I was a big fan of Jaime Moreno, but when I got older, I played more and more midfield and 9 doesn't look right on a midfielder.

I like 20 because it doesn't matter what postion you play, it will always look good, as is the case with most numbers over 11.

My least fav has to be 7. It looks weird and it seems to be the official number of national team captains that should be benched but are not for some reason, like Becks, Raul, and recently Figo.

19. Gr33kziLLa

Gr33kziLLa New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    for me its 13 and 3 :cool:

20. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    hello~

My favourite jersey number is 21

That was because during WC2002, Park Ji-Sung (#21, aged 21 then) made that beautiful lone goal during the Korea/Portugal match. The day after happened to be my birthday, so it has become my favourite for many reasons ;)

i also turned 21 on that year (15 June 2002), so it was a good year :)

21. JC_088

JC_088 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Palmerston North NZ
    27's my first choice but lucky 7 isn't too bad either

22. Ronaldinho14

Ronaldinho14 New Member

May 16, 2004
    Oregon, USA
  23. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always wanted to have pi! :cool:

24. Ronaldinho14

Ronaldinho14 New Member

May 16, 2004
    Oregon, USA
    OK, Mr. Issac (Newton) Fan. I hope you voted for 3 or 14.