Jersey auction for Katrina relief

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Rocket, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Or accurate ones, either. I missed the sign when I entered telling me I was now in happy go lucky land where everyone is friends and helps each other and there are no problems in the world.

:rolleyes:

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    It was right below the one that read: "Use common sense and act like an adult"....you must have missed both.

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    My comments weren't immature. Deleting them because of someone missing the context by a mod was.

Until proven otherwise, there's no reason to believe that Mexicans didn't participate in this auction because they didn't want to support the American relief effort.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    There's also no reason to believe that that is the reality either. Unless you started out with a certain belief of the Mexican people and then projected those thoughts on this situation. Which is immature, IMO.

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    They cheered for Osama. They probably cheered for Katrina.

6. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    A small number cheered for Osama, just like you are part of a small handful of closed-minded Americans who can't understand that.

7. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Thamin19, how you can say that 10 people chanting "Osama!" means that all Mexicans are supportive of Al Qaeda is just stupid..................do you realize how many Hispanics died on 9/11? Did you even think that the people chanting Osama might not like him, but just were using an immature stunt to try to rattle the US?

It's people like you that Mexicans and other Hispanics cite when they claim that most Americans don't like Latinos.................................

Why don't you just drink a nice warm cup of Shut The Fvck Up!

8. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    10 people, right.

I suppose you guys didn't mind the signs showing up on national television saying "Remember Twin Towers" either?

I wasn't just talking about the people at various soccer games which has certainly amounted to significantly more than 10 people. I was talking about the people who took the streets of Mexico City celebrating four years and one day ago.

But of course, I was only speculating. You people are simply speculating as well until you can prove otherwise.

You know, maybe vw was right. I made a simple comment based on facts regarding why Mexicans might potentially avoid bidding on these jerseys. You guys turned it into a world rivalries style fiasco. Well done.

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    And then we get to the point of the matter.....none of us were doing any speculating. We were just keeping track of a charitable effort to help those who have succumbed to the worst natural disaster to ever hit this country. YOU are the one that decided to use this forum for mindless speculation about the motivation of a certain race of soccer fans....YOU. Hence the criticism. Now...do everyone a favor and go away.

BTW, vw....feel free to delete all my posts in this thread, as long as you also clean up Thamlin's BS at the same time. I'm sorry this thread was muddied up with this little spat.....unfortunately some people don't understand what "time and place" means.

10. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    So, now that we're done talking about stupid crap, let's talk about the auction.

Gooch's jersey went for over $6,000 with some last minute bidding that saw a war between two people that escalated the price by over $3,000

Keller and Donovan's jerseys both went for $6,010.

Freddy's jersey went for about $2,900

There is a lot more to report, but I just don't have the info...............great stuff for a wonderful cause!

I would like to add that I'm really impressed by what the Metros are doing with auctioning off trips with a player.................I wish more MLS teams would do that!!!!

11. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If MLS auctioned off a trip with Heather Mitts, I'd be first in line! :)

12. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Good call, might have to open up the savings account if that one came up.

Agree with BillP about the Metros putting up some creative options. It's a shame other teams haven't followed suit.

13. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont know if the family friendly mls is ready to market prostitution

14. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Whoa whoa, it was just a trip!

Maybe prostitution would help ratings though.

15. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    no on was saying anything to that regard, a charity date w/Mitts would be a very classy and 'innocent' outing. then again if Mitts, gave me a few devious stares in my direction, i would definitely play along

16. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two BigSoccer members enjoying a date with lovely Heather:

[​IMG]