Jeremiah White, Benny Feilhaber: Aarhus GF v HB Koege 9:00 am ET 11/7 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Magikfute, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeremiah White and Benny Feilhaber both get the start in midfield for Aarhus as they play away to Koege this morning. Currently 0-0 in the 7th minute.

2. jdiris

jdiris Member

Jul 5, 2009
    North Carolina
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feilhaber and White: Koege v. AGF 11/7/09 @ 9EST [R]

Both Benny and Jeremiah are starting. Stream on http://www.atdhe.net/

3. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HB Køge plays at SEAS-NVE Park, with a capacity of 7,500. It looks to be about a quarter full today. Perhaps this is because they sit firmly in the relegation zone as of this game, a full 7 points from safety. Aarhus is currently 6th out of 12 teams on 21 points, 8 back of the leaders Odense.

4. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duplicate threads merged.

5. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 to Aarhus in the 28th minute. Free kick from about 40 yards out on the left side headed home in the area. I believe it was Feilhaber taking the fre kick. Didn't catch the name of the goalscorer.

6. jdiris

jdiris Member

Jul 5, 2009
    North Carolina
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Krabbe

7. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My stream went out for a while there. It's ht now; still 1-0 to Aarhus. A correction on my previous post, it was not Fielhaber taking the free kick on the goal. He did have one good opportunity in the first half when he intercepted a backpass and was in on the keeper, but he pushed his first time shot wide. To be fair, the ball took a high bounce before he got to it, so not the easiest opportunity. He probably shoulod have done better with it though.

8. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fielhaber with a very good ball into the area; the striker fails to take it down on his chest.

9. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fielhaber nearly connects with White on a through lob from midfield. I don't speak Danish, but the announcers seem to really like Fielhaber, or at least they like saying his name.

10. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Koge player in 1v1 with the keeper after a give and go but puts his shot into the side netting. It was a tough angle and the Aarhus keeper came out well.

Still 1-0 to Aarhus, 74'

11. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fielhaber with a nutmeg pass to the wing; good cross sent in and the striker's shot deflected out for a corner.

Fielhaber is seeing a lot of the ball on the left; White is quieter on the right side. There have been a couple opportunities for Jeremiah to get in behind the defense this half, but the pass either didn't get through, or came to late and found him offside. Aarhus seem to prefer to try to play through the midfield rather than go over the top.

Fielhaber with a wild shot high over the crossbar. Still 1-0, 83'.

12. njmckenzie2000

njmckenzie2000 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Feilhaber doesn't seem to be a factor in this 2nd half. Occasional touches but most of the action on the right side away from him.

13. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the opposite impression...he's seen quite a bit of the ball this half, in my opinion.

14. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Koege equalize off a cross from the right. The striker's header was poor, but deflected off the arm of the defender and into the net. Unlucky for Aarhus, but they didn't get enough pressure on the ball on the wing to prevent the service. It was on Fielhaber's side; not sure if he was responsible to mark the winger who sent in the cross. Whoever was supposed to be out there was definately missing in action.

15. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. njmckenzie2000

njmckenzie2000 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    I saw your post right after I pressed enter. Seems just different impressions (although after the Koege goal, all action is over on the left side). Maybe I was responding to what I saw as a perceived lack of energy that just went away after the koege goal.

He does seem to be solid when he's on the ball.

17. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full time, 1-1. Tough two points to for Aarhus to lose, in the last few minutes of the game against a weak Koege squad.

Fielhaber and White both go the full 90'.

18. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same game, opposite impressions. That's soccer for you. I agree with you that Aarhus lacked energy in the second half. They seemed to be on cruise control, and they were punished for it.

19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2nd or 3rd game in a row where they drop points at the end.

20. Yanks Abroad

Yanks Abroad Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Second game in a row to drop points due to an own goal in the last few minutes.