Jenas pens 5-year contract

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Skizz, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas has signed a new five-year contract that will keep him at the club until 2012.

Jenas, who cost £7m when he signed from Newcastle in 2005, enjoyed a good campaign last year, scoring eight goals despite two months out through injury.

The 24-year-old told the club website: "Spurs have the calibre of squad that any player would want to be part of.

"The spirit in the squad is terrific, the club is ambitious and undoubtedly moving forward."

Jenas, capped 17 times by England, added: "I feel I still have a lot of potential to develop further and playing alongside team-mates of this quality will help me do that.

"I am very happy here and would love to stay at Tottenham for the rest of my career."

Manager Martin Jol added: "JJ has made a big contribution over the last two seasons and he is improving as a player all the time.

"His goals from midfield are a vital ingredient for us and he is already off the mark this season.

"I am delighted he has committed his future to the Club because JJ has so much talent and is such a positive player.

"He always wants to learn and that is the right mentality to have, he wants to prove that he is a top player and the sky is the limit for him."

2. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just to sort out the match, that is exactly 40 more games where he can completely disappear. :p

3. kingdom

kingdom New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Derby, UK
    Jenas has looked a little better since Huddlestone has been starting - thats my opinion on the whole thing

4. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Hmm, thanks for the link BiggSkizz ... Nice of you to bring us this news. :)

-Digital

5. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just stop the dissapearing act Jenas, then you would be a legend.

6. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Blizzaro

Blizzaro New Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Birmingham
    Jol shoudl start using Huddlestone and Jenas in the midfield most time they are good combination, a playmaker and attacking midfield. better than picking the diver Zokora!