Jemal Johnson's doing pretty good at Wolves

Discussion in 'Wolverhampton Wanderers' started by YankBastard, Aug 26, 2006.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should see him get a call up.

2. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England
    It's a bit early, but he's done well since joining Wolves. Can't wait to see how he plays with Bothroyd - both look good.

3. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I've always had a soft spot for Wolves since the Robbie Keane days and even the Sami Al Jaber days :eek: so them getting an ex-Rover and American in Jemal has made it even easier for me to follow them. Hopefully Jemal will put them over the top or at least put in a great season. I was sad to see him leave on a permanent, but I understood Hughes' decision. Still hope JJ keeps up the good form.

How have other Wolves fans taken to him?

Listening to the game at work and sad to hear they're down 0-1..More work for JJ!

4. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After talking to Wolves supporters on other boards, they seem to be very happy to have a good strike threat. They just hope it translates into a promotion in the end instead of ending in failure like the last couple of years.

5. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I'd like to see Wolves back up in the Prem as well and see how well JJ does with an extended run at the top level. He never got a real shot at the Prem under Hughes and I hate that. But Hughes knows best, so just gotta trust the Mgr.

JJ was a hard worker last night but he didn't get on the score sheet. Bothroyd (a semi-ex-Rover) missed a penalty in the opening minutes!! If that'd gone in the game probably would have been different. That Lupoli kid on loan from Arse tore the Wolves up and ultimately sent them to a loss.

I hate Derby...ever since Ravanelli, I just can't stand them...Plus they beat my Rovers opening day a few years ago...I still hold a grudge...My Rovers thrashed Wolves 5-0 on Opening Day last time they were up, but regardless of that I'd like them to come up. :)

6. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    5:1 - I think Iverson scored a consolation goal.

Johnson looks good, and I think the Johnson/Bothroyd partnership could work wonders for us. Not last night though :(

7. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Or yesterday, no reason why Cort shouldnt be starting over Johnson or Bothroyd, I know he can still play

8. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    Cort scored loads of goals early on last season. Doesn't look the same player now though, and so Johnson and Bothroyd look like our only viable options up front at the moment. I think the problem lies in our midfield and the support that they're giving the front two. We could do with Davies or Rosa back to add a bit more threat from the centre of the pitch. The Brazilian, Finkler, could also add a bit of a cutting edge to the side.

9. wolvesmad-ben

wolvesmad-ben New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Coseley
    Johnson is looking very good 5 95K he could be wolves star strikier!

10. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Well it looks like Jemal's production has fallen a bit, but it sounds as if he's always in the thick of things so hopefully his work-rate will translate into goals soon. Are the fans still enamored with him or has his novelty worn off?

Wolves won yesterday 1-0, and their next match is against WBA to battle it out in order to further dictate who will be fighting for promotion.

11. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    He works hard - can't fault his workrate (Bothroyd is another matter). JJ was involved in many of the decent moves last night, and even showed his qualities on the right wing (although he was playing up front).

Wolves are looking good - currently in fourth spot and just a point behind second place. Our goal difference is pretty poor (0!!!) which is mainly due to our lack of firepower, although we have managed to win seven out of twelve games so far, which is only bettered by Cardiff.

I think we'll be lucky to get anything against West Brom on Sunday. After a poor start to the season (and the dumping of Robson) they've hit a rich vein of form and will be a tough team to beat - I can see them finishing in the top two - but we might be able to surprise a few people.

12. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX
    He keeps working hard he'll find the net. Bothroyd's a waste. Maybe the strike force will be Clarke-JJ before long. Not the ideal striker pairing those two, but anything's better than Bothroyd.

I hope Wolve's fight it out for Automatic promotion because in the playoffs anything can happen.

I think there will be a 2-2 draw with Wolves and WBA. It is strange how WBA turned into world beaters after Robson left. I thought he was a good manager, even if he was a Manc, but I guess the team just needed a change of scenery. Maybe Bruce will be the next to get sacked. I hate him, but as long as he keeps Birmingham as poor as they are, I'm fine with him staying. :D

13. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    Bothroyd has looked quite good at times. He's scored some cracking goals but needs a kick up the backside every once in a while. His workrate was questioned after the Colchester game - I'm sure McCarthy said something to him and amazingly enough, he started putting himself about against Coventry. Bothroyd could be a Premiership quality striker if he put his mind to it.

Clarke is a bit too raw at the moment. He used to score goals for fun in the reserves but needs to get himself back on track and work on his overall game.

As for Robson and Bruce, I guess it's not unusual for relegated managers to struggle. Dave Jones had a nightmare with us when we went down. Doesn't mean that he's suddenly become a poor manager - look at Cardiff now. Robson's problem was that he was too defensive for the Championship - still using the same mentality that he used in the Prem. I think Bruce just needs to weather the current storm and he'll get Blues back on track.

14. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    Jemal Johnson's goal against Sunderland was a bit special. Struck the ball from outside of the box straight into the top corner. Nice. He's probably our best striker at the moment.

15. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sxuFsx1g9s

16. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

Thanks for the vid...I'll have to check it out when I get home, though. My work's firewall gets more and more strict every day...:mad: