Jemal Johnson

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Doctor Stamen, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    As you may know, Jemal Johnson has made a couple of first team appearences this season. Sadly I have bad news, he's been pretty s__t. I hadn't seen him up until the Bolton game (with El Hadj-C__t diving), and he is only 2 foot tall, has no physical presence whatsoever, and is way too hesitant. He doesn't look like he can cut it from what I have seen, but he may develop yet.

2. bigtimebuck4

bigtimebuck4 Member

Oct 10, 2004
    thank you. Obviously, had he spent most of his life in American instead of England, he'd be the teams top scorer.

I still think he can find a place on the U-20 team.

3. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Funny, we've been saying the same thing about you for a while here! ;)

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know another small Yank that basically had the same problems and look at him now, he's on his way to a Champoion League semi-final battle. I've seen some clips of Jemal's play and have been quite impressed. He showed well in two senior games he's played but let's remember he's 20. Blackburn seem pretty confident in his abilities and if I'm not mistaken have signed him long term. He may not be ready for 90 minutes in the EPL but a strong summer period, he may involve himself more in the senior team next season. The u-20's should give him a call.

5. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I guess Blackburn's 4-5-1 set-up hasn't helped him either, as he is a midget. I just get the feeling he lacks that little something that can make him decent right now. He should do a bit of weight training and distance running, then he may be the next Paul Dickov style striker.

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Jemal Johnson is 6 feet tall...whats this junk about being a midget? :confused:

7. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw him play on FSC once and there just ain't no way. I have no idea why he's listed at 6 feet, but he's no taller than 5'9". I'm virtually sure of it.

8. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Yeah.

9. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah...given the continued use of Dickov up front, Rovers don't seem to have a problem with short strikers...

10. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca

Hey, you got a chance to redeem yourself around here! :D

Tell us how much you love big bald Brad and his phony British accent. Also, you may wax on about our adopted YA, Ryan Nelsen...

11. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Except Dickov is a bit more experienced (Scottish International - not that that says anything ;) ) and a bit more bulkier than Johnson.

12. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not that any of that has helped to change Blackburn's goal scoring stats.

13. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot the chip on his shoulder the size of one of the Orkney isles.

14. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Or 9 yellows.

15. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.

There must be something wrong with your TV, as he looks even smaller than Dickov to me. Reminds me of that DeMarcus Beesley, although DMB looks a better on the ball.

And for the record, I have loved Brad since he signed, even though I was doubtful when I heard that he had. The Worthington cup final or an away match against Arsehole a few seasons ago were his best club games. This Nelsen/Nelson guy looks very good as well, which just as well otherwise Amoruso might be in the team.