Jeison Murillo - news & commetns

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by pipevasquez, Nov 27, 2009.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What game comes to mind is the only game we won at the last Copa América and the only time that I have ever seen us beat Brazil when he scored.

As for la Paz. Bolivia beat Argentina 6-1 there. Players can’t breathe there and he was in bad form. We lost 3-0 to Argentina all 3 goals his fault?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am only giving explanation as to why he probably is out of favor with Pekerman.
    Mina-Zapata have been strong (Both literally and figuratively.)
    Davinson has stepped up the last few matches.
    Jeison has shown to be weaker than those players physically in certain situations. Not to say he won't gain back form or make the roster in Russia.

kromekote repped this.
  3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Guerrero completely bodied Davinson on one headed chance that he should have scored. I'm trying to find a clip of it, but most highlights don't show it. It looked pretty bad.

I think you guys are making Murillo's absence bigger than it is. He was in poor form and now he's fighting for a starting position at his new team. He'll probably be in the next call up now that he seems to be a trusted option at Valencia.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Guerrero is a warrior (pun intended.)
    He has been doing that to many players in his career and uses his body well.

The Bolivian situation is a bit different. Murillo was pushed over way too easily and did not recover well at all.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well zapata today started his 7th match of the season ( not bad for 2 months)

When I say that he isn't in form is because he isn't playing well imho..but zapata keep deserving a called .

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Murillo was dreadful for a while, both at club and NT level. It was all on the player

pepinointer repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is true....he first played the spot in inter then in the nt.

Pekerman called again macnelly after discarded him for a while. same gio moreno and maybe abel.

Dorlan have been the only black list case, because darwin have been bad in mexico until this season where he is beasting

8. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    I think Murillo will go to the World Cup if he keeps this form up until then undoubtedly.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Murillo has a lot of talent, he hasn't been on form for a little while but that happens, I think if he gets a run of games he has a good chance at regaining his form. The guy has a lot of tools and can play the ball well out of the back which is a premium these days, he's still got time for a CB and I think it will come down to him Mina/Davison as our main core going forward. Valencia are also playing very good right now, if they keep it up they could challenge for a European spot in La Liga, a lot of good young players and they are clicking well so far.

*ya Valencia is undefeated and in 2nd currently and its fully warranted, they have played some great soccer and are really putting teams to the sword when they get the chance.

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea I would love to see 3 in the back with Jesion - Mina - Sanchez

But if not then we have two top call back ups in Cristian Zapata and Jesion Murillo for Sanchez and Mina

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oscar Murillo is very underrated.

Azucarero repped this.
  13. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oscar no le llega a los talones a Jeison. Oscar es bueno para despejar a la tribuna pero sabe muy poco con el balon al pie, super torpe, tosco.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No reduzcamos al absurdo. Oscar tiene otras cualidades

Oscar rara vez quita el balon con falta , cubre muy bien los espacios y tiene buen juego aereo.

Las desconcentraciones habituales en Jeison Murillo (muy a lo amaranto perea) no se tienen con oscar.

es cierto oscar tiene esa falencia.

Simplemente pienso que al tipo lo descartan de facto, y el tipo fue mas regular en las eliminatorias que jeison y el mismo davinson(primeros partidos)...........el puesto en la selección no se gana por estar en club fancy

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Reason I don’t like Oscar or C. Zapata is it seems they shit their pants when they win the ball and have pressure on them. Think it was the Peru game. He passed the ball to Ospina with Guerrro right next to him like a shark.

Don’t pass the ball to the GK!!! Or to the CB next to you!!!

16. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Soy consciente que esta eliminatoria jeison la ha cagado feo. Pero no se compara en término de talento. Y no es por club fancy, a mi me a gustado jeison desde sus días sub 17 mientras que Oscar ya juega más de tres años en Mexico y ahí quedó.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jeison sin duda tiene mucho mas potencial y en condiciones normales es mas central

Pero parece que sus errores de concentración al menos temporada y media, se volvieron la regla y parte de su estilo. No solo con colombia. Al mejor estilo de amaranto.

Oscar tiene lo suyo y si le gano el puesto es por rendimiento.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I mean players going to Mexico shouldn’t be blamed on them that’s because of clubs being dumb. Also he was over 26 and black. No EU pass BS and teams want hot young things

What other CB did we sell abroad that wasn’t in the U20? Mera to Belgium but he didn’t cost a lot.

I mean Oscar had Davison benched. Fine he was like 17 but still benched him. Oscar should probably be in a better league but don’t see a euro team taking a chance on him now especially at his age and for what the Mexicans will ask for. They got $$$$ And don’t need to sell

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Oscar was solid against Bolivia and Ecuador in 2016. Arguably the best player on the field for both of those matches.
    But since his injury has not been the same in my eyes At current form I'd take Jeison.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bench again....

it seems that the favortie of the coach is gabriel paulista..

garay and jeison rotating the spot

21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    This guy was a beast today. Stuffed out Leganes' attacks constantly, and, on top of that, he apparently completed 95% of his 95 passes.

I'll hold on to the possibility that Pekerman is going to bring him back into the fold once he becomes an undisputed starter, despite how much evidence suggests that he had some kind of falling out with Pekerman. He deserves to be on the NT.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It could be as simple as he trusts all the CBs he has called lately more than him. And Balanta can also play CB or LB.

But who knows? If he keeps this up Jeison should be called up in March.

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If Jeison isn't called up there has to be some falling out, he's too talented to leave out of the squad. Even if he doesn't start no way he's not in our top 4-5 CB's

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pekerman prefered pipe pardo, tesillo, balanta and those guys...

25. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    It doesn't look good.

My only possible explanation excusing that is he's trying to get each of them transferred to a better team...

Balanta, in all fairness, has done well in Champions League this season and has the ability to play a position we currently have no backup for...