Jefferson Lerma - News and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It could be Uribe or Alzate

I just don't like a double box to box. You need a proper 8 to set the tempo and to control possession.

I do agree that Lerma at some point might overtake Cuadrado but not yet

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Club teams and NT’s that have 23 starters ready to go are the ones that always win.

The ideal 11 is always a fun game to have among fans but it’s the depth that gets teams through an 18 game WCQ campaign and 7 game Copa America or World Cup tournament

Real Madrid past 4 of 5 years
    Italy 2006
    Spain 2008-12
    Germany 2014
    France 2018
    Bayern / Juve
    Barcelona 2008-12

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am just looking at it simply.

We exceeded my expectations with Barrios-Lerma-Cuadrado so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have no idea what Queiroz will do but I would just play the same lineup (or close to it) against Uruguay and then tinker based on what the result is.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exceeded expectations vs Venezuela... Against a pressing team, you need a proper CM

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I disagree. I think the lineup can be fine against both Uruguay and Ecuador.
    But it is not up to me to decide. And with the extreme climate changes it could be totally different lineups anyway.

I am just saying I would not change much in November personally.

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hope it is not serious.

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Geez man. He is doing a different kind of exertion than we do! I hope that Colombia and Bournemouth have proper physios!

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I imagine Bournemouth lost some of those perks when they got relegated.

I say ^^ in jest but all these injuries that happen to our players is not just bad luck.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good news for Lerma and Colombia:

13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Cherries have ascended back to the Premier League.

kromekote repped this.
  14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Goal by Lerma vs Aston Villa today - welcome back to top flight futbol!!

lvbeto, sidspaceman and Froboy69 repped this.
  15. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    more importantly, the team got the win. Hopefully build their confidence and they stay in the Premier.

Furnaccio repped this.
  16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Froboy69, HomietheClown, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Has more goals in England that most of our strikers who have played there. :ROFLMAO:

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Started today so his injury apparently was not that bad.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nt played much better withot lerma than with him....

Doogs repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The NT played better without Diaz and Sini does that mean they will not be starters come September?

I expect Lerma to start come qualifying if healthy. That said, Barrios or even Castaño could start in matches too.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not only because of this fifa date and diaz and sini are in other category (lerma is just a demotion team players in spain, england and even colombia................for me they way of play of national team is more rocky with him that when we used midfielders.

I don't like Lerma's presence in the national team because he relies too much on physicality and strength, often pushing opponents, which affects the flow of the game and hinders the more talented players. Additionally, Lerma tends to seek a lot of attention, which negatively impacts the team's style of play. I prefer players who have a better touch or another style, such as the number 8 position. The problem with Lerma is that he is not a good defensive midfielder (number 5).

yeah he can score and have good air attack....but i prefer someone that contribute in the flow of the midfield.

with lerma are more chances of bad collective game than good...

22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its also a question of what you pair him with because pairing Lerma with Barrios or Uribe or (god forbid) both at the same time, is a formula for completely ceding the ball to the opposition and resigning yourself to not getting anything from early balls between the lines... And really becoming dependent on scoring via iso ball and a moment of brilliance.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Regardless of who plays alongside him, I really don't like Lerma's style of play. Unlike Barrios, he can't play as a lone defensive midfielder. He's better playing as a double pivot, but still far from outstanding .

Lerma is not the best 5 but relies too much on his physicality. His style of play is simply not what I would like to see in a Colombian team that plays with a good passing game. . Lerma runs, pushes and tries to attack during corners, but his game takes Colombia away from what I want to see........the wrost thing is that Lerma has too much confidence in himself (which in this case is not positive) and tries to create chances on his own, but often without success.

The match in Barranquilla against Argentina, where we started losing 2-0 (at the end we draw) and he was substituted after only 20 minutes, is an example of how the team can improve without his presence. I think Rueda, like he did with James, should have understood that it was better not to use him again.lerman

24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    His style of play seems to work for his clubs and he's had a solid career. I agree with you on his incompatibility with the NT.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    his clubs are demotion teams.....not high standards...huila, levante, and burnoemouth....not the teams that are looking to win but to save from demotion, a player that have good work ethics, push, physical, personality athlete is a desirable player.....but not necesarry for higher eexpetancy clubs......maybe he could be a good alternative in a bigger club...

Nevertheles, the problem is not his club is his style of play and contribution..............The criteria for having players in the national team cannot be limited to the fact that the player plays in a major league. Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil often ignore players with a good carreer abroad because even though they are playing abroad, the limitations of the player are evident and they are not better than players with other characteristics who, for reasons of life, play in smaller leagues.

iis like helibelton palacios he is starter in elche.....and we all know how bad he is and how he isnt fittable for national team.....same for jeison murillo, balanta etc