Jeff Matteo

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Each bunk has a reading light, AC/DC output jack and headphone jack (connects to six different music channels)

Now, THAT'S sweet. Sort of like TW's Music Choice, I guess.

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, that bus appears to be an 18-wheeler. I wonder if by professional driver they meant he was union. It would also be funny if they backed up their "bus" to a loading dock, slid open the back door and that's how the players got it. Then when they're going down the road, looking out the windows, they freak kids out who think it's like a cattle truck or something...

The interior pics look reasonable, and I'm sure it's pretty nice when you're playing for an A league team.

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming from ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/soccer/news/2001/0109/1004502.html
    So, no he wasn't a first rounder, and yes he apparently did play for both... sorta.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 - Yes indeed, his number is listed as 24; I do this stuff off the top of my head - you want quality, go read Scott Tann.

#2 - Matteo was the Crew's second pick in the second round, third overall, after Martino and Busch (who was selected using the pick we got from Dallas).

#3 - I have in my inbox ANOTHER email from a guy with Monza who swears they never heard of the guy. Make of it what you will,I'm just passing it along. I'm not doing a McKinley Tennyson here.

#4 - I can't find the thread on McBride from the other day; does somebody remember the one where we were discussing his time with Wolfsburg? I think it was Dave Han who questioned the dates that SoccerTimes gave;

Anyway, I finally got a response from the Club, in the person of some hot little Deutschland Mama named Nicola (don't tell me it's a guy's name or something - would wreck my day):

Dear Fred,

Thank you for your interest in our club.

Brian Mc Bride was in Wolfsburg 1994/95, shot one goal in 12 matches.

Sincerely,
    VfL Wolfsburg-Fußball GmbH
    i. A.

Nicola Pattberg

I've read somewhere that he scored two goals, but I'm not dumb enough to argue with Germanic record keeping. I've also read that the one he hit beat Bayern Munich 2 - 1, but no comment from Ms. Pattberg on that.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I will confirm that Nicola is a Fraulein's name. Did she send you any pics of herself while she was at it? I bet if you sent a reply and asked she would... assuming that she's not some middle-aged woman w/ no cyber-savvy.

Maybe you could hit off a conversation with her by telling her all about our $1 bratwurst night, and how she'd love to get some american sausage....

6. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Fred, I wonder whether he ever dressed up. He may have just trained with the team or played with the reserves five divisions lower than C1. That would explain why no one heard of him.

I'll try to remember to ask him if I see him at Obetz and get a chance to talk with him.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aren't German girls a little more, what's the word here, free about nudity than Americans?

Do you think I could ask for some nude shots or something?

8. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as a matter of fact, typically Germans aren't as... uh... bashful about things like their own bodies. Case in point, I knew this German family that was visiting the States. During their stay they went to NC and the beach. Well, instead of going in their swimgear or changing at some washhouse type place, they all just got naked on the beach and changed from street clothes to swimgear right there, in front of everybody.

Another example, it isn't uncommon to see German women at beaches in Germany or on the lake, river, etc... sunbathing topless. I took this boat tour along a river in Berlin one time, and I must have counted at least 4 or 5 seperate chicks that were avoiding tan lines.

Now, as for asking for nude pics, you'll probably have to work your way up to that. Just because they aren't as bashful doesn't mean they have no morals... sorry. Then again, who knows, you might get lucky.

9. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In an effert to partially steer this back towards Matteo, I'm of the opinion that there are a lot of Italian hotties... I wonder if you'd have more success finding out about his Italian exploits by asking the local women, rather than the local soccer fans?

10. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    not just german chicks...

off the top of my head, brasilian women are usually very, uh, proud, of thier bodies. ************ it, most other nations except america. its really not that big a wonder though.

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    America, home of the puritanical prudes that agreed with prohibition at one point... jeez! No wonder things here are so different.