Jean Carlos Solorzano to trial with RSL

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL Fortaleza Menina, Feb 13, 2009.

1. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Flashy Costa Rican striker to start "trial" Feb 18th.
    [​IMG]
    Jean Carlos Solorzano
    21 years old, 5'10'
    club: LD Alajuelense in the CR Primera División
    (8 goals in 17 games last season)

wiki HERE
    more background HERE
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlGf4ITwTm0"]Gol de Solorzano[/ame]

Note...could give RSL cover if 'Gordo' Escalada doesn't quite pan out? (as seems likely at first look)...

2. ajr_RSL

ajr_RSL Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Mesa, Az
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Name to Remember: Jean Carlos Solorzano

By: Bob | June 7th, 2007
    [​IMG]If you are a geeky football nut who is always on the hunt for young players who someday could have an impact in club and international football, competitions like this summer’s U-20 in Canada in July are must-see tv. The same thing, of course, applies if you are a scout for a major European team. Youth championships are the place to go to do some serious window shopping for talent.
    One player who will most likely catch the attention of both fans and scouts alike is Costa Rica forward Jean Carlos Solorzano. The 19-year-old is an explosive scorer who is also reputed to have “rock-star” looks. You have to respect a guy who can score while maintaining flowing long hair.
    Solorzano currently plays for the Costa Rican club Alajuelense. He first shot to prominence during the U-17 World Championships in Peru in 2005 when he helped to lead his country into the quarterfinals. He was a monster during qualifying for the World Cup. Many believe that he is the best player from a crop of talented young Ticos.
    They haven’t quite caught on to the notion of putting together stirring YouTube videos in Costa Rica yet, but below you can see Solozano scoring his first goal for Alajuelense back in March. If he puts a few more in during the competition in Canada you can bet that all of us geeky football nuts will know his name quite well.

3. Truhlk

Truhlk Member

Jun 21, 2007
    29 games played with 9 goals in a lower level of play doesnt scream out "Striker of Destiny" to me but I guess time will tell. I would hope they just brought him in to compete with Tino for the 4th striker spot now that Futhi is gone. I wouldnt imagine that he will be in the first 11 anytime soon.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds like the exact kind of thing this squad needs. Youth, talent, potential, and flowing long hair... If this kid is all that he is talked up to be then he could be the next Javi or Espy (staying healthy) this team needs.

5. 4Foosball

4Foosball Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    before the naysayers come out of the woodwork, let's remember:

1) A year ago the names of Espindola, Olave, and Morales, weren't exactly on everyone's lips as additions to RSL or any other MLS team for that matter (yes I know we've had a few that haven't worked out as well)
    2) Finding diamonds in the rough MEANS they won't be household names with a ton of experience
    3) We don't have the cash to simply buy a name that requires no trial
    4) Again, we have great support, and a great stadium, but we're still a small market team, we'll be in the black in a few years, but right now we have to watch our expenditures

6. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Solorzano is a solid young forward with future. He was going to be part of our NT in the UNCAF but was injured at the last minute. He was a big part of why my team Alajuelense shocked a lot of people and made it to the final with a very very young team. We were even able to beat Saprissa in the first leg in the final and we had a 20 game losing streak to them. I wish he would stay with us at least another season because he is still young and i think he'd have a better chance to maybe play in Europe with a solid season...but i wish him the best of luck in his trial. He is a fast player who never stops running in the game...always gives 110% and is very annoying for defenders to mark. He led our team in scoring last season and was also involved in a lot of other goals.

7. Sin2R

Sin2R New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    sounds like fun!

8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at the very least, it is nice to see them looking in the striker position instead of another keeper or defender. Well done JK and Garth. I hate on you guys a lot, but its guys like Javi, Olave, Espy, etc that remind me that its not all about the name at first

9. Dickov Del Horno

Dickov Del Horno New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm so confused! Why haven't the Galaxy gone after him!? They're going to need another player with "rock-star looks" when good ol' golden balls leaves them. :D

10. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well unless the deal has been struck, Becks is staying. The deadline has passed. 3pm EST time today.

11. d1ddy

d1ddy Member

Oct 8, 2008
    upstate
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hard time believing that the deadline will actually stand if AC Milan decide to offer what the MLS wants.

This guy looks/sounds like he would be a good fit for the team: young, fast, hard working, and he and Beckerman could have a contest to see who could have the gnarliest hair on gameday. Maybe we'll get some pictures/reports from florida after his trial starts (or maybe even a video....). I'm hopeful!

12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if becks does come back to the MLS (i personally hope he doesnt) then the chant when he comes to the RioT should be: "you should have stayed in Milan!" while we kick the crap out of them

13. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hard time believing that Beckham will be happy at LA if Garber does stick to the deadline.

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is good for all parties involved if he stays in Italy.
    Becks gets to play at a high level again, and at one of the, if not the, most prestigious clubs in the world.
    The MLS is going to get some serious cash. You dont let your poster boy go without asking for quite a bit of money, which Milan can afford to fork out.
    Milan gets another name on its team. Ticket sales in Italy will go through the roof as they did here.
    And we can finally stop hearing about Becks and Posh in LA (thank god)

Its a no brainer if you ask me

15. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not a cash issue. Either Goff or Ives (I don't remember which, and don't have time to dig for it right now) wrote that the MLS wants a player and cash in exchange for Beckham. The player they offered wasn't what MLS wanted, so they rejected the offer. They want a new poster boy if they are letting their current one go.

16. TheAntiKreis

TheAntiKreis New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Finally, a trained financial analyst with access to RSL's books has weighed in. I was getting so tired of these wannabe CFOs parroting back what the FO tells them. It's nice to find a guy who's poured over the 10-Ks and understands what's going on. I'm assuming at the present rate of amortization, we'll be in the black in about 16 months, right?

17. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Garber has decided that it is time to let Europe know that we intend to play hardball in our negotiations and hold them to his word. What better situation to do so than the highest profile player that MLS controls?

Beckham made his bed 2 years ago, now it is time for him to lay in it. If Beckham wants to leave, let him buy out his contract or play like a man. No matter where he plays he needs to demonstrate he is worth being on England's team.

The word to Beckham will be when he comes back to MLS: You so good? Prove it. If he doesn't want to play in LA? Move him to Seattle, Kansas City, etc.

18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solorzano and Alexandre: The Jean Team 2009?

19. 4Foosball

4Foosball Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was sarcasm right!

20. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big time hair!

Big stars in Utah have never really worked out. Even if people see a jazz player or a U player, you know there wont be swarms and hordes of people. If people want to come to Utah and be a giant star with paparazzi cameras, it isnt going to happen for them. Maybe the biggest thing we got going for ourselves is Sundance... thats it.

21. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumor had it MLS wanted Ronoldihno (sp?). Bad thing for MLS is, that Becks has an opt out clause at the end of this year. So if they don't get something for him now, he can opt out and go for free.

As much as many of us on these boards hate him, you have to say one thing about Becks. He is a great professional. No matter what, he comes in and works hard, even in bad situations. He has always been a classy guy.

22. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does forcing your way out of a contract make you a classy guy? If he were classy, he would finish the terms that he agreed to! I don't mind him going, but I can't stand it when people say an athlete is "classy" when they can't even keep a contract. If Becks is classy, does that make Boozer classy?

23. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He isn't forcing his way out. He said if the teams can't come to an agreement, he will come back this year and play. And its not forcing his way out, if the team gives him the right to opt out after two years. Blame the people who wrote the contract and gave him that option. I am not a huge fan of Becks. But he has always worked hard, no matter what. You can't blame him for wanting out of that hell hole called LA.

24. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is it not forcing his way out if he hasn't reached the time period required for the opt out clause? He arrived mid season 2007. He's only been with the Galaxy for 1 1/2 years. If he wanted to maintain his England squad role, he should've signed with AC Milan when he had the chance before coming to LA. Capello told him he wouldn't play for England if he went to the US. He knew the consequences of coming to the MLS, but he did it anyway. Now he wants out of his contract before reaching the terms required. The Galaxy should offer him the same thing Real Madrid offered to Robinho when Chelsea wanted him: buy out the contract. If he wants out before completing the terms of his contract, he should be required to buy out his own contract. He's breaching the terms of the contract. He shouldn't be rewarded and sent to AC Milan for a $3 million offer. The Galaxy would make more than that off of sponsors, merchandise, ticket revenue, and friendlies by keeping him until the summer. Garber and AEG have the right idea by forcing him to come back unless Milan will pony up a substantial compensation for letting him go.

25. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think, to some degree, we agree with each other. The 3 million offer was crap. But if they come back with a legitimate offer, there is no reason it shouldn't be accepted.