Jay Tabb

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by Neeto, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jay Tabb is our first signing in the January transfer window. It is believed the payment is somewhere around 5 millions quid. He played midfield at Coventry and can play just about any position in midfield, especially on the wings. From what I gather, he is a great player.

I am pleased with this signing, but I think it means a departure in the process. The two likely names I see leaving now are SHunt and Convey. Both are being leaked to Tottenham and the Earthquakes respectively, but I only see one leaving.

2. rms5555

rms5555 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Eastpointe, MI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see why Hunt would leave now. Maybe in the summer if we don't get promoted, but not know. He is a star on this team where he would probably have to fight for a spot at Spurs. Not to mention that Spurs are as likely to go down as we are to go up.

However I do think Convey already has his bags packed. I wouldn't blame him. He is getting no love from Coppell for whatever reason. Besides the Quakes, there are rumors that he could go to Sweden, Norway or Denmark.

3. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it makes sense to get rid of our best midfielder for a few million when we can have more if we are promoted. I really hope he stays for at least the rest of the season.

The Tabb fee is around 500 thousand quid and not 5 million.:p