Javier Zanetti, News & comments (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by TOMMO, Jul 24, 2004.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Le regaló una flor

El Jardinero Cruz, con su gol, le obsequió la victoria a Javier Zanetti, quien cumplió 600 partidos con la camiseta del Inter. Fue 1 a 0 frente al Lecce, sobre el final. Feliz cumplepartidos Pupi.

More...

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Javier Zanetti, News & comments

a los 37
    batio el record de romario, con un gol en finales de torneo FIFA

a un pase magistral de tako.....de Milito
    la metio el pupi vs los coreanos - mundial de clubes

3. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The most capped Argentinean player of all time (@ 145), 604 appearances for InterMilan, 66 appearances for Banfield & 33 for Talleres (both from the Argentinean league-AFA), and 12 for the Argentina U-23 - in all, Javier Adelmar "El Tractor"-"Pupi"-"Il Capitano" Zanetti has played at competitive level 860 times.

On the pitch and off-it, Zanetti has represented the BEST of Argentina. With his charity work, discipline and hard work approach towards the game of football, Javier Zanetti has always been a source of pride for Argentineans. Our football has a lot of rotten apples/prima donnas/spoiled babies, but Zanetti is the player that we Argentineans could always point out against our critics and say "see Zanetti, he represents us as well"

Unfortunately, news has come out of InterMilan camp that Zanetti has rapture his Achilles tendon. It might seem premature to start writing his football-obituary the day after his injury, but at his age (39) the changes that he can make a full recovery and play are extremely slim.

For me, Zanetti was/is my favorite all time player because I played the same position in high school & college and I admire the way he played it. His up-field vision, stamina, brilliant passing, relentless push forward but always with enough energy to get back on Defense made him the ultimate player in his position.

We will miss him.
    And ofcourse who could forget:

4. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Grande el Pupi... ojala se recupere

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Um. Just to clarify, he played for Tallares de Remedios de Escalada in Zona Sur of Gran Buenos Aires. This team has never played in the primera division... So it is from an Argentine League, not THE Argentine League. Not sure what you meant by "the argentinean league" when in reality, there are many leagues in argentina...

When you say Tallares, most people think of Tallares de Cordoba, a team that has spent many years in Primera Division.

That being said, Fuerza Pupi!

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Il Trattore says he will come back. The man is a great player and also great human being. It would be nice if he could receive one more send off from the faithful at the San Siro. Worthy successor to Fachetti and likely to become a senior director of the club.

They may be targetting Peruzzi as a replacement.