Javad Nekounam

Discussion in 'Basque Clubs' started by shayan_esteghlali, Dec 14, 2009.

1. shayan_esteghlali

shayan_esteghlali New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    What is your opinion of Osasuna Mid-fielder Javad Nekounam?

He had offers from Villareal, and a couple of other top teams in Spain but declined all offers saying that he would only leave Osasuna if he gets a offer from either Barca or Real...

Do u think that Nekounam has a chance of playing for Barca or Real in the coming seasons???

last season he scored 8 goals and was the pachichi for Osasuna which is really impressive as he is a Defensive/Central Midfielder. this season he has 2 goals so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javad_Nekounam

2. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine you are a fan and this may not be what you want to hear, but no. I do not expect Nekounam to get an offer from Real or Barca. While I know he shot down rumors of a transfer to Villareal and Espanyol, I was not aware an official offer had been extended that he had declined. Villareal was reportedly interested in him to help keep down their costs as much as anything.

3. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Same opinion. He is not at Real or Barça level. Despite saying this, Nekounam has earned himself a good name in Spain and is doing quite well with Osasuna.

4. Yellow Submarine

Yellow Submarine New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    I have never seen Nekounam play, I know he is Iranian, I have a Irani friend named Javad. I would love to see him in Villarreal, where nobody really holds the DM spot. Don't think he will make it to Real or Barca, unless they have an injury crisis.

Another Osasuna Irani, Masoud, now he might sometime make it to a bigger club. The lad has some really potential, I think he is 20 something not sure.

5. shayan_esteghlali

shayan_esteghlali New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    ye, i personally rather nekounam go to a team like villareal, it would be fantastic, but the thing is that Nekounam rlly likes it in pamlona, and he said that he would only leave if he gets a offer from spains big two... but hopefully he will change his mind this summer :)

Masoud is 25, rlly talented, amazing dribbling skills he had a offer from Atletico madrid this summer, but decided to stay in Osasuna, i think he made the right decision, he should stay in osasuna for now, get playing time and in one or two years move to a bigger team..

Just look at this goal masoud scored
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiEi2gidm5U&feature=related"]YouTube- Masoud Shojaei Goal -- Atletico Madrid [2 - 4] Osasuna[/ame]