Jason Hotchkin to Swedish 2nd division side

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dandal, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Swedish 2nd division side Brage has signed american Jason Hotchkin, described as a strong target player, on a short time contract for the remainder of the season (3 months) as part of a summer panic signing spree that is not unusual for Swedish clubs in trouble. Brage, that has a respectable history with several seasons in the premier, got relegated from the 1st division last year and now sits just above the relegation line in the 2nd.

Hotchkin has as far as i can find out a history with Charlotte Eagles in USL 2nd division.

[​IMG]
    Jason Hotchkin

Newslink

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    This is the same guy who had a trial at TuS Koblenz (Josh Grenier's club) a while ago. A nice guy and good player, Josh said, but didn't really get much of a chance in Koblenz. Glad he "landed" somewhere else.

3. Palmetto Soccer

Palmetto Soccer New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Hopefully, he "lands" permanently somewhere in Europe. Hotchkin has a lethal left foot.

That picture is making me LMAO. It looks as if Hotchkin got bashed in the face...Stuart Holden style. I hope he's having fun frolicking in the Swedish countryside. Good luck Jason!

4. Benton

Benton New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    Yes, I am familiar with this guy. What did happen to his face I wonder. I used to watch him play at my city's local USSL club in South Carolina. He was the best player of the whole lot. If he can get a chance to play regualry in Sweden, we might here his name more frequently in the future.

Go Jason, Go.

5. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Close encounter with a football booth. Try-outs can be competetive...

Jason started on the bench, but came on at half-time when his Brage was 0-1 down in the home match yesterday against Skiljebo. They managed to get a 2-2 draw and Jason got good reviews, but another summer signing, romanian Alin Vigariu, scored one and set up the other so he got the headlines.

6. Palmetto Soccer

Palmetto Soccer New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the update...Do you know how long Hotchkin's contract lasts for? I heard it was around three weeks. What are his chances of signing a year-long deal?

7. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Three months - check my first post. My guess is that it will be a case of finishing the contract and then, maybe, concerning how well he performs and all that, being rehired in march or april.