Jason Hernandez props

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Aug 4, 2008.

1. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    Given how exciting our new signings have been the last couple weeks, I wanted to take a moment and recognize someone who's done a spectacular job quietly w/o huge fan-fare the last two weeks. None other than J-Hernandez on defense.

Good job, sir. Keep up the good work.

On to the playoffs!!!

Cheers,
    Battch

GO QUAKES!!!

2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah - let's hope he stays healthy. Otherwise, it's Riley! :Freak:

3. Zico1981

Zico1981 Member

Apr 6, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, there's always the "silent hero" on a team who does a ton of the work but doesn't get the glory. Jason Hernandez is playing his SS off!!! Kudos to you JH!!!

4. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Agreed!

Yesterday I was wondering if Jason would be eligible for the US Nats. He's developing so fast, I can see him contending with the current batch of right backs anyway. Heyduk? Albright? Wynne? Moor? Jason is quickly catching those guys.

I know he's from Puerto Rico, so he may not be able to play for the US... But I think I remember him holding off on playing for Rico so he was still eligible for US. Anyone know for sure?

5. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Please tell me that if Jason goes down, that Grey gets the nod. You were kidding about Riley replacing him, right? I hope.

6. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clap. Clap. Probably the most consistant performer over the season. Had to play two positions this season. Only bad game was against RSL (red card). Quick, good tackler, and very good in the air for his height.

He is a keeper and a true Quake!

7. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Thanks for starting this thread... I commented during the Galaxy match that Hernandez was a complete stud!

And he is.... by far the most consistend defender on the Quakes this year.

All-star caliber!

8. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    He usually doesn't make huge noticeable plays, so it's hard for him to earn MOTM honors, but to the true soccer fan, I think most of us can tell that he has deserved one or two. I think he could make the US national team, he's really turning out to be flawless. He's got a better head on his shoulders than most of our defenders. I think Hernandez----Garcia is our best central defense pairing. Garcia is slow, tough, fearless, and plays mind-games. Hernandez is fast, tough, a great tackler, and keeps his mind focused on the game. They really complement each other well. Not sold on Cochrane yet, though maybe his goal will give him confidence to succeed on defense.

I wish Hernandez could win player of the year, but because of the silent, but important way he plays, I think we all know that's not going to happen. Depending on how the rest of the season goes, it might be Hucks or Joe.