Jared Borgetti.

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by strawberryfields, Jan 4, 2006.

1. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    Ok i will post this thread here since we've seen this player very often in our country and against our Team for many occasion in the past and might be playing against us in the next world cup in the next rounds matches. Ok, here we go, Jared Borgetti had been signed by Bolton for about 2 yr long contract and i am beginning to wonder why he has never played for the team ( well, maybe once or twice ), did he say some arrogant things ( as usual ) about the coach or fellow teammates? i believe he did or act something that made someone angry because i don't think he is not good enough for the team. We do hope that he will never play for Bolton again ;) until the WC so that we will have advantage when we play Mexico in the next rounds because he will be rusty enough that We don't even need Gooch to guard him.

2. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He has scored 4 goals for Bolton in Uefa and Carling Cup games but only has 95 minutes in premiership play. I don't know why he doesn't play, but he is looking to transfer (or be lent out) for exactly that reason, so he won't be too rusty for the world cup.
    Have you seen the drawings for the world cup? IF the US even gets out of the first round, they have no chance of meeting Mexicio until the Semis (of finals? i forget). I doubt either team will makeit that far, so you'll have to wait another 4 years til Mexico and US meet in another world cup.

3. kaisermohr

kaisermohr New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    illinois
    Part of the reason he isn't playing much is probably due to his lack of commitment to the club. If my memory serves me, Borgetti missed the first couple of games for Bolton because he wanted a 'rest' after ( I think it was) the Confederations Cup. This didn't sit too well in the eyes of Sam Allardyce, his new boss.
    Also, Bolton has played with a lone striker most of the season and Kevin Davies has been the choice up front, linking up with Stelios, Nolan, and Speed coming from the midfield. Borgetti has subbed-on several times this season in the Prem but has yet to put the ball into the net.
    I believe Davies is injured at the moment, as is Henrik Pedersen, so Borgetti might get a chance to get some minutes in.
    Personally, as a MNT fan, I'd love to see him wallow on the bench as well.

4. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Borgetti is like van Nistelrooy.

He's a bit useless outside the box. But deadly inside.

5. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I wonder why Bolton signed him as they play a hit and hope type game and try and score off set plays after fighting like maniacs all over the pitch...plus I bet he and his family are real happy about spending a long winter in Bolton....

6. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proving that all that glitters isn't gold, and for him, fool's gold.

7. strawberryfields

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    Just as our own Taylor Twellman or German's Gerd Muller.

8. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

As Muller scored the winning goal in a World Cup final, as well as the only goal in the semi-final of the same tournament, I hope you are joking... I don't think at this piont that Twellman should be mentioned in the same sentence as one of the all time great "finishers" at the top level.

9. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
  10. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
  11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
  12. strawberryfields

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.

Off course Muller is much much bigger name, but that's only his celebrity status but when each one of them be on the field, anything can happen ( just as what DMB said recently ) there are many factors influencing a game. Muller was playing around great players who gave him great passes ( although i just watched it on tape, since i was just a baby during his era ) while Twellman was the other way around ( no offense to MLS players ).

13. strawberryfields

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    The longer seating on the bench the better ;)

14. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    Was curious about the thread and started from the end.

Then I saw Gerd and TT in the same sentence.

I looked up at my autographed Strikers jersey and apologized to Gerd.

The stupidity. The stupidity. The stupidity.

The disconnect between young fans and reality can be quite frightening at times.

BTW - Gerd got chances and scored.

TT needs about 5 times the chances to score.

15. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

you are right...other than they both have two arms and legs there is no comparison...

16. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    He doesn't suit Bolton's system. We play with a lone striker who's job is to hold the ball up rather than to score.

Having said that, he played today and scored within 11 minutes.