Jardel to start

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by perctarit, Oct 23, 2003.

1. perctarit

perctarit Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ward 6
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oi I was going to post this ;)

Yes, it's good news but I'm not sure who he's starting in place of, I think it may be Frandsen.

Bout bloody time though!

3. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    How is Mr. Man boobs doing at the moment ?.

4. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Missing sitters from 1 yard out (yes really) :(

Dunno if he'll be fit for the Prem this side of Christmas.

5. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Well judging by the pictures of him when he first came, I'd bet against him being fit after Christmas as well :). I'm sure I saw him in that new Frey Bentos advert that's on TV. It's even worse for Bolton now, as Roy Hodgson isn't around to buy him off you for some daft fee like he did with Blake and Frandsen.

I wish I saw the 1 yard miss. I've stopped watching the Premiership, as I'd rather avoid the 30 seconds of Blackburn losing again.

6. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't watch the Premiership for a very similar reason ;)

In fairness the guy has got an amazing touch, it's as good as Okocha's, however he seems to lack any sort of pace and he tires quickly. I also think Bolton's tactics of 4-5-1 do not suit him or Davies and our players fail to get up front quick enough.

Oh well.

7. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    I withdraw my statement about Sam being an idiot. Jardel is fat.

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ROFL

9. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Blackburn have been experimenting with a 4-5-1 formation as well, with Cole up front. Needless to say we have lost the games, and Cole has been sent off against Southampton on Saturday. Typical, I finish my degree at Coventry university before the season Blackburn will play against Coventry City in the league.

10. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think 4-5-1 works when you have a pacy team, escpecially the guy up front. However Bolton do not have a pacy team, and especially not with Davies or Jardel. The same could be said for Blackburn, Cole's best days are behind him so he's being asked to do a job that's increasingly more difficult. At least Blackburn's midfielders have pace though.

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw that miss today - how on earth did he manage that??? If he was a defender I would have called that one of the most impressive goal line clearances I've ever seen.

Saying that though I thought he looked pretty trim. Sure he needs more sharpness but I reckon he could be a good bet for a ten goal season if he gets some pace and support from midfield.

12. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He just needs a long run in the team as opposed to a 20 minute run out every other game, he's an amazing player but we're not getting chance to see it. He's not sharp yet and he's only going to get that by playing reguarly.