Jaqua honda player for the month of june

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    The fact that you would even allude to the possibility of your being a player has blown your cover. :cool:

2. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    But of course, isn't that what a forward is supposed to do? Score?

And, of course, isn't that what coach is supposed to do? Win more games than he loses?

I am sorry, the level of understanding around here of the Fire team and its players, the way a front office selects players / assembles a team, the way coach develops and deploys players, the rhythm of an MLS season, and -- finally -- the game of soccer in general, is so astonishingly low, it is absolutely mind-boggling.

There are so many who post on here who know absolute dick about the ostensible subject of this board. What the hell are they doing here? They oughta crawl back under their rocks.

Or, better yet, become a "fan" of the Columbus Crew, a team that's REALLY bad, with a REALLY bad coach. Then they can indulge their negativity, pessimism, and contempt for this player or that player with some justification.

But we won't be so lucky. They will stick around here and utter their incredibly stupid and ignorant comments.

3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey, we can complain if we want to if we don't like the style Dave plays, or we get worried that in the championship game Nate my have our one chance to win the game and he might fall down, or head straight at the keeper. I know some people are quick to criticize (see comments re: Buete, Scott), but if you don't think the level of conversation around here is up to your high standards, then try to ignore it. Sure there's a lot of stupidity around, but if you thought you'd escape stupidity on an internet message board...

Anyway, there are alternatives to BS, you know. ;)

4. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    If you leave it will immediately become higher.

(ok, I don't believe that in truth but it kills me how you think you somehow know more then everybody else. You have opinions and thats it. Live with it)

5. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Hey, I am not naive -- at least not anymore -- about how low the level of commentary can get around here.

And for the most part, I DO ignore it. But every once in a while, I am going to get in here and let the ignoramuses have it.

Meanwhile, if you complain, back it up. What frosts me are guys who complain and have ZERO clue about what is actually going on out in the field.

As far as Nate falling down, well, Eddie Johnson and Landon Donovan might fall down or head right at the keeper in that situation too.

You see, I want you to keep this in mind: playing soccer is HARD.

One event, and one game, does not make a season, let alone a career. Ask David Beckham. But around there, the dingbats will zero in on one thing, and ignore the totality of everything else, or ignore the general trends.

Or fail to get their nose out of their beer and actually watch what's happening on the field.

Fact is the Chicago Fire are in first place. We are a good team, with good MLS players, and a good coach (certainly a better coach than Greg Andrulis and Thomas Rongen).

We could win the cup (though if we don't, that's no shame).

The stupids who have posted on here simply do not grasp these fundamental realities. But of course, reality is a tough concept for them.

6. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    I don't know more than everybody else.

But I do know a whole lot more that those irrational doofuses that post around here.

Oh, and this just in. Not all opinions are equal. Some are more well-informed than others. Some use evidence and argument; others demostrate ignorance and stupidity.

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Obviously some people know more then others. But as soon as the point becomes who knows more then the other, or who can argue better then the other and it ceases to be the subject itselt it becomes just as stupid as the irrational doofusses that post around here.

8. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    No, the point is NOT that. The point is that people say stuff on here that is unjustifiable. The point is that people write stuff that is, at best, delusional.

These people should be called out as appropriate, because this is a board that has a lot of visibility and influence.

The people on here should be knowledgable fans with a sophisticated understanding of the game.

The doofuses who post on here want a high quality team, yes? Well, they should try to be high quality commentators, and the fact that they are not is unforgivable.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Actually, it's MY point, so I think I know what MY point is. And MY point is that when you DO know what your talking about but you make it more about YOU and YOUR knowledge and less about the topic you are speaking people lose respect for your opinions and therefor you destroy your ability to help them increase their knowldege and better their perspective. This is not a point of argument, this is a fact. You can chose to realize that it's what you are doing or you can choose to ignore it and continue on the way you are. Hopefully you will not chose the latter because you do posses the ability to make good, sound observations that people can benefit from.

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Andy Herron, October, 2004

Ante Razov, June, 2003

Hristo, July, 2001

Ante Razov, March, 1999

Peter Nowak, May, 1998

Yes, I looked it up in the media guide.

11. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Interesting that with our amazing year in 2000 we had not one player of the month.