Japanese NT @ FIFA World Cup 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japan at the 2010 World Cup

At this rate Nishimura will be Japan's best performer...

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Haha yes I just said that to my friend.

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Me, I wanted France to lose :)

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Naturally for you I say.

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

There needs to be a miracle for Japan. So that stupid farkhead analyst can shut his piehole! >=(

6. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Can't blame him. He only watched recently friendly match of Japan. Hard to find other more positive way to analyst.

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Do you know who I'm speaking about? Not cranky or anything,just curious now? xD

8. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010

The world?

9. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

craig freaking foster. thats who i am talking about.

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

he's got a pretty outdated view of japanese football, honestly its been pretty much been the same ever since the 2006 game. But for Foster, there's usually that other guy Scott McIntyre on TWG who rocks up and talks about Japan and J.League as if they're the absolute best thing since sliced bread.

but ye Foster pisses me off. But it does press a point that analysts like these do remember the world cup and generally there are more analysts like this than analysts who actually keep up with teams form & style. Which is why it is so damn important Japan show some quality this world cup cause analysts around the world not paying particularly close attention will remember that.

Before each Australia v Japan game Foster talks about Japan like they're pretty poor and it should be a narrow but comfortable Aussie victory (including AC2007 & the Yokohama game). Then after the game regardless of result he talks about how Australia should play more like Japan in a lot of ways. But these world cup results become the pre-conceived notion when the JNT is referred to.

11. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Well Japan have played poorly, and I agree that their aims are unrealistic.
    But when he says it, it's his voice, it's so annoying :mad: Just want him to shut up for the moment. Unfortunately, yes analysts are dicks.

12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ye I didn't really get this "Semi-final" ambition. Fact is, after getting out of the group stage its much more unpredictable to tell how far you're going to progress. If you're gonna aim for the semi's, you may as well aim at the title.

If Korea get to the R16 as it appears they will, they'll become one of those sides internationally expected to progress from their group each time sort of like Mexico right now which is another level of international status unprecedented with Asian teams.
    Japan need to have 2 consecutive decent world cups to get there. If they get to the R16 this time they won't reach that status rather they'll become one of those "Dangerous" teams for 2014 in a group who could probably progress but not expect to progress, about the reputation Korea Republic have going into this tournament.

Fosters voice is a little condescending and forgives the Socceroos short-comings a lot easier than opposing teams. Remember he talked about the 3-1 Korea win against Australia last year, he always goes on about Australia's "second-string" team. But when he refers to the MCG 2-1 to Australia he doesn't mention that Japan had 6 regulars out of the game, rather talks about it as proof of Australia's no.1 Asia status which is rubbish.

13. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I thought you said about the guy in zonalmarking.com :confused:
    And who the hell is Craig Foster :(

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

probably one of only 3 or 4 people in Australia who qualifies as a football-analyst. SBS TV analyst & former Australian international and frankly doesn't really know his stuff on the smaller world cup nations (those outside the top 8-10) but always acts like he's some sort of walking encyclopaedia on football.

15. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Mushu, Aki pretty much summed it all.

16. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Thanks guys.
    Most of soccer analysts are as bad in my country too. Hell the only decent analysis pre-WC is from a stage director who looks like 60's, 70's hippy.

17. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

Well, Craig Foster is an Australian (and a Barca fanboy), so of course you'd expect some Australian bias - but otherwise I think he's one of the better analysts out there (that you can see on Aussie TV).

18. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

what are the chances Morimoto starts or even plays at all?

19. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Simple resolution to this discussion: Never pay attention to Craig Foster. He's been a joke for years, and thinks there's only one way to play football (regardless of whether or not it's successful). He has unrealistic ideas, expects everyone to play like Barcelona and doesn't keep up to date with most of the teams in the World Cup, so most of his views are outdated and biased.

Hell, if it wasn't for teamsheets, he'd probably be saying that Cameroon will have to look out for Hide's passes and Takahara's composure in front of goal.

20. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Pretty hard to do that xD my brother gets pissed off because now I hog the tv and he can't play Modern Warfare and if I leave in a second, he'll take over. . The other tv's taken because my mother watches her korean dramas plus my sisters tv, isn't HD, and I'm just fussy.

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Close to zero, since the Japanese coach brain melted down a few months ago :cool:

22. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

Heard that Tulio said he want his teammates to ignore Okada's instructions (inhibiting the players) and follow more their instinct and play like they feel.

Also said he wouldn't hesitate to attack whenever a chance presents itself. :D

23. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

LOL the players orchestrating to go against Okadas plans.
    But that being said, thats really... if it doesn't go in their favour, it'll could be a disaster and will be messy because the whole team will be a bunch of individuals and they don't win either way by going against the coach or thinking all by themselves, they will still be blamed either way.

24. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Well, good to see Japan get their first win outside Japan (at the World Cup). Thought they did well against Cameroon, who looked disjointed, and almost like they expected to win so could not be too bothered!

However, the game against the Dutch could be fun...

25. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Norf London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Watching the Brazil/North Korea game and Jong Tae-se is crying during the NK anthem:D