Japanese NT @ AFC Asian Cup 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by goru_no_ura, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    true but you will never see a lefty play on the right side

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nothing new, but it's uncommun to be so comfortable with the weak foot.

3. Premiere

Premiere Member

May 23, 2005
    The only player I know who can use both legs well is Kagawa.

Anyway, Kagawa's injuring is more shocking than anything else, and the final match no longer doesn't interest me.

4. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Other Japanese players also got strongly shocked , but they will fight against Aussie , so just cheer them and hope the win and no more injury.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Injuries are part of the life of a soccer player. They just happen. In years they are forgotten

But finals, especially those won, are forever.

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Will Yoshida play? Replace Iwamasa? He was not that good.

I promise you all. If Naka and Tulio played Japan would've won the whole fkcing tourney.

7. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    I, for one, don't doubt it. But you still may well.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You don't often see two CB's so fkcing stable as Tulio and Naka. Look at the WC. Damnit. Japan would even have 1 point against Netherlands if the referee had blown for handball right before the goal.

I hope they play Copa America.

9. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    [insert joke about the fallacy of tulio and own goals here] ;)

I agree, they really were the foundation for Japan's performance at the WC. Fingers crossed for no more setbacks for Nakazawa, I want him up for the start of the J1. Haven't heard anything more about Tulio since he went to Brazil.

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    we are the champions!!

11. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We can forget about Nakazawa and Tulio and move on. I never actually felt safe when Tulio is on the pitch. Also I don't think we need anymore veterans to come back for the team. Having too many veterans might actually destroy the whole team and could create unnecessary distortion and resentment between the younger generations and veterans even though I don't think that would be a case for Nakazawa.

12. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, it's time to build up a new generation of players. But I think Tulio should keep the JNT jersey for some years from now on, I'd say until 2014.
    And please, Zac, no more Okubo or Komano.

13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tulio should continue but if he doesn't I think I've seen enough to say a Kurihara--Iwamasa combination with a little more experience will be more than enough come 2014 with Konno & Makino as backup. Yoshida might come good but as a few here have said, he's not up to scratch yet.

Lots of players got experience, only Gonda, Nagata & Moriwaki didn't get any time.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah we saw that Tulio is a risk during the WC. He and Nakazawa werent that good were they??

15. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Congratulations to the Blue Samurai!
    Japan really impressed me during the World Cup (a bit unlucky to go out against Paraguay) and they have really managed to build upon their successful showing in South Africa. This team definitely has a very bright future and it has demonstrated that it could be competitive even without a solid core of foreign-based players.

16. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tulio and Nakazawa werent that good ? They are two of the best defenders at the world cup....both of them were in the 11 of the day after every game at the world cup !?The german media love them and said only good things about them for example. The are without any doubts the best defender's Japan ever had.Especcialy Tulio is a bench of an defender,everytime when he plays you have a very safety feeling after my opinion....in compare to Yoshida,Inoha or our actually center backs the are miles better and this you see at the goals Japan get into his own net.

Sure Tulio and Nakazawa are playing some poor games and do sometimes mistakes like every football player in the world but Nakazawa and Tulio are one of the greatest and most imporant players in Japan.
    But it's right that it's time to change for younger generation but Tuilo can play the World 2014 when he can handle it.He has the quality and expirience to teach the others what to do.

It's a riddle for me how somebody can now thinking that this two defenders are not that good after everybody see it at the world cup and write since South Africa that they are "godlike" and something.I'm sure with Nakazawa and Tulio Japan maybe concern only 1-2 goals in the hole tournament.

Also,Congratulations Japan it was a great horrible game =) my heart was running 120 minutes on fullpower and Lee made the day perfect,such an incredible goal ;D ! The Blue Samurai desere this !?

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sarcasm man.

18. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Oh ;) didn't recognize it =) ,I'm sorry.

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hehe. I love those two guys. Miss them so much.

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Congrats Japan. I was away and couldn't watch the match live. From the highlight it looks like an exciting match. Australia was probably the only team capable of beating Japan in this tourney. Japan's ability to dig deep and humble the Aussies with a brilliantly struck goal says a lot of the overall maturity of Japanese soccer.

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    From Okazaki's blog:

優勝ってはじめてでどうしたらいいんって圭佑と話してましたよ!
    そしたら圭佑が「鼻毛出てるぞっ」ていうから
    「マジで?」
    と思って直してるとこがTVに映ってたらしくて

Edit: During the final ceremony Honda really told Okazaki that he got hair showing out of his nose.

23. asadali0000

asadali0000 New Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Nakazawa started playing football for his home country. He played for Yoshikawa Higashi Junior High School and Misato Technology High School, but attracted no scouts' eyes. Determined to be a pro, he left for Brazil to improve his football skills and trained with América Mineiro. During his time there, he won the Campeonato Mineiro in the junior category and played a key role in coach Ricardo Drubscky's squad. Football Highlights

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lol What kind of experiment is this?