Japanese International Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shuvy87, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    According to the devil's advocate inside me, AFC is intentionally imposing the tighter schedule on us. It's a trick to tease us, but we shall overcome. I'm a conspiracy theorist. :p

My understanding is that JFA has cancelled the friendly with Greece precisely because we will be playing them in CC. I vote for Denmark and USA, although Sweden ain't bad.

2. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Re: Japanese national team facing Germany

True. Matsuda doesn't look as intelligent and calm as Miyamoto. Matsuda is physically stronger and taller though. I think Miyamoto's height disadvantage is one of our weak points that could be exposed if a good crosser like Mahdavikia sends in a ball to the center.
    He was more silent when he was in Hiroshima. He now utters a few phrases like Gambarimasu when being interviewed, and that's an improvement! :)
    You can't trust them as long as he is active. What the regime does is to develop nukes, fire a couple of ballistic missiles over us, and abduct innocent foreigners to make them fight or spy... North Koreans, particulary those who are in Japan, should stop believing in whatever ideologies bombarded by the ILL-minded leader who can't even feed 36% of the citizens of the terribly misnamed "Republic" or possibly even more. I know that's nearly impossible in North Korea, but it's free to have your own opinion in South Korea and Japan. It'd be infinitely better than now if the North Koreans in DPRK and abroad could unite and stand against him to invoke a regime transformation from within. Some of the North Koreans fled to ROK are secret agents disguised as normal citizens needing help. Despicable and untrustworthy!

3. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

mmm... maybe because I'm a big admirer of Miyamoto, with unresonable expectations, nonsense..., so I'd say, his height may look disadvantage, and that is a trick!

Is it????? 爆笑!!

In other thread, I wrote about some like that (i think, but I know I'm not good at writing), and found that some (south) Koreans and Chinese (maybe, I cannot tell who is waht!!) think Japanese have no right to complain becaus of things our ancestors did same to them, and we are (or at least I am) called hypocrit(s).... arrrrgggggg

4. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

So we have no right to complain about the Chinese nuclear submarine intruding into our seawater, even if the PRC government admitted that it was a regrettable "technical error," right? :rolleyes: Or about a set of wrong bones which North Korea sent to us? :rolleyes:

North Korea always blames foreigners for their own failures. It's a common tactic utilized by all kinds of failing regimes throughout history. It's the easiest way to dodge accountability and divert people's frustration over governance to the outside world. "They are the bad guys! (Not us.)" The Japanese Empire was the worst example of this. US blamed Iraq for 9/11. China does it in regards to the relationship with Japan. By bashing us, the Communist elites and the state-controlled media can suppress the citizens' legitimate anger and criticism against rampant corruptions and prevent them from asking the critical question, "Why can't we elect our own government?" Such policy is a tool to suppress democratization. There's enormous public unrest in China now, which has not occurred in North Korea yet, because of growing gaps between haves and have-nots. If they could voice their opinions freely, the Communist Party would lose credibility and legitimacy completely. Too bad both North Korea and China are still undemocratic juntas.

OK, my rant is over. Too much political talk ruins football. Let's spy on North Korea's training in Spain. ;)

5. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

..... is 美女軍団 coming to Japan?? Well, maybe this time, after lots awful things are disclosed, no men would 鼻の下を伸ばす again・・・。 I hope..... will you??

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So Matsuda and Nakazawa will also miss the Germany match? Zico says he will prolly have to go 4-back. This isn't looking too good. Japan better stay on offense as much as they can.

7. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan

Nah, I don't think they are THAT attractive. Is it true that they are 喜び組 dropouts?Well, 悦ばせ組 is more apt imo. :p

Starting Lineup:

Narazaki
    Kaji, Tanaka, Chano, Santos
    Inamoto, Fukunishi
    Fujita, Ogasawara
    Takahara and Suzuki

This is B team... Miyamoto and Matsuda are out and Nagata has been called up. Nakazawa didn't take part in the scrimmage and will sit on the bench. Inamoto is the captain. The defense line looks bleak, considering that the Germans are taller... No repeat of the loss to Argentina 1-4, please.

Anyway, I'm going to the stadium and watch the game LIVE. :cool:

8. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

WOW, Who said that? Japanese media? or you've been in china and see it with you own eyes? I'd say this years are most stabilization in the latest 20 years, or still have some japanese or american glad to see commotion or revolution happens in China? to most Chinese, enjoy Peace is all-important,democracy is something to happen years later and gradually to be realize.

After all, this is a football forum, let's stop talking any politivcal bias here, communism is a good ideality, but everyone——both "Communist" and the west world are distorting it

9. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

Gooooood. You must have great taste in women!!
    ??? 美女軍団 look better than Women in 喜び組... Ah, maybe then. Good looking, but cannot dance, cannot move up their legs, sort of problems they have!!

...... kidding... really? oh, dear....

Enjoy!! And, don't catch cold. Hope it won't rain tomorrow. (I guess, I'll have to stay at work... or maybe, I'll bring some work home... mmm..... anyway, if I could see, still it's on TV).

10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    many chances for Germany. Japan cleared off the line twice already.

11. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ballack's point blank volley was saved by Narazaki, then Ogasawara swooped in to clear the followup. Alex later cleared a weak shot off the line. Japan had a good chance with a low cross that Kahn could only tap in front of him, but it was cleared away. Fukunishi is up to his usual punching again.

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Whos been in control so far?

13. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Germany mostly. Klose scored on a rebound from a FK that probably shouldn't have been awarded. they called one of those gay fouls on Inamoto when the German player had his back to the goal and flopped. Narazaki should have had the ball though, or knocked it out of bounds at least. Japan started to attack after that, but then Klose had a 1 on 1 saved by Narazaki.

14. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Germany wins 3-0. Ballack scored then Klose scored again in injury time after standing in front of Narazaki for like an hour, losing the ball, and getting it back. That guy always seems to be lucky even though he is not that good. That was his second 1-1 and he couldn't finish properly. Anyway that last goal came after Okubo took the ball back, back, finally passing to a German player and giving them a 2 on 1 break. I guess his mind is on going to Spain tomorrow.

15. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004

You don't.

16. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Before the match, I thought Ballack and Klose would determine the outcome. The absense of Nakazawa and other defenders was unexpected, so I was worried that the backline would lose coordination and fail to contain Klose and Ballack. That was a correct assumption. I liked the free kick taken by Ballack. How can he swerve the ball like that??!

You think that free kick shouldn't have been awarded? I couldn't see the action clearly when the foul was called. The first goal was preventable. Narazaki should have punched it out, although Klose's positioning was good.

The Germans are simply beyond Asian standards. Zico's energy-saving soccer does not work at this level. We have a lot to learn from them; they are taller and good at controlling high balls. They can send in fast crosses, and also dispossess Japanese wingers in one-on-one situations. They run and make a pass, run and receive a pass, run, cross, chest it down, hold the ball in the vital area, and then shoot. They know how to dodge pressure and disorganize the opposing midfield very quickly. Set pieces, counterattacks, dribbling... all of these attacks were effective.

The Japanese attack on the other hand was frequently stopped and predictable; they make a pass, run, STOP, receive a pass, run, PAUSE, and then get dispossessed... I wish we could have fielded a better squad (with taller players), but that shouldn't be an excuse. The gap in individual skills between the Bundesliga and the J-League made the difference.

Inamoto was so-so. Ogasawara made a couple of great passes. Takahara and Suzuki were virtually non-existent. The other players got outclassed by the Germans. Also, I'm convinced that Kubo is necessary. Maybe Tsuboi too.

Is it just me or does anyone think that Zico's team tends to underperform at home but does relatively well away? Hope we'll do better in the return match.

17. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    And don't feel bad. Germany hasn't lost a single match under Klinsmann yet. They're really on their way back.
    Next up: South Korea vs Germany.

18. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It is kind of disappointing to see "injury-depleted Germany" beats Japan 3-0 in some news articles, when Germany had nearly all their stars and Japan was the depleted team. But I think we are all used to this kind of treatment by now.

19. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the result. Zico, I would assume, wouldn't field such a piecemeal back line in a match that really mattered. Did he play Alex at left back again?

I'm just glad Inamoto was able to play and not pick up any further injuries (assuming that's the case).

20. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Germany was certainly as depleted as Japan was. Kuranyi, Frings, Lahm, Huth & Hinkel were all missing, these are players of higher quality than any of the missing Japanese players.

Then consider that the Germans arrived only 2 days before the game, suffering from jet-lag and lack of sleep. This was an advantage for Japan.

Plus calling this win a "fluke" is not corresponding well with the recent German results, which were:

3-1 in Austria
    1-1 against Brazil
    2-0 in Iran
    3-0 against Cameroon.

The 3-0 in Japan clearly does not look like a "fluke" in the pattern of recent results.

21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am not gonna compare the quality of individual players, but I think Germany has quite a bit more depth in talent than Japan, so Japan missing its top players has more of an impact than Germany missing players. But Germany still had quite a few of its world cup stars.
    Germany is very strong but the match wouldn't be so lopsided if both teams were full strength.

22. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm going to start a new Japanese International thread, as the post count in this thread has topped 450 and there's some deal about how long threads take a toll on the servers.

So I have moved recent posts to the new thread here: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157776

This thread is now ova.