Japanese International Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shuvy87, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    hey, cool! Congrats! I havent had the chance to review the China game -- will check on that tomorrow! THanks! [OT: Unfortunately Singapore has just lost to Oman 2-0. I guess it wasn't surprising, but at least it wasn't as bad as last time 7-0. Oman is such a ruthless team now, they have a cunning unapologetic coach who you can tell is just rabid at the mouth to be aggressive. ]

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    we only need a tie vs Oman to advance.

3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    man, no action on here.
    I'm back in the states, so I can't watch the games, but I read Zico said he wouldn't call Nakata for the Oman match as of now. Nakata went on as a second-half sub in Fiorentina's win yesterday. I heard he had a free kick go off the post. If he can get back into top form will Zico use him? Or is Zico reliant on Nakamura now?

4. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    oh I doubt Zico wouldn't use NakataH if he was in top playing condition. The truth is, though, that Zico hasn't been able to watch Nakata in action at all since there has been some problems with broadcasting legalities. There is still a week or so to go until the roster is named officially, and it's possible that Zico puts Nakata's name down anyway and hopes that he is ready by October 13th.

Of course, this puts forward a bunch of other questions. Is Nakata in poor condition better than another Japanese player (who would get cut if they save a place for Nakata)? Will he be used as a starting player or as a if-things-get-bad-put-him-in card? Will he be able to remesh with the rest of the team, especially since things have changed (the balance and assumptions have been created among rest) while he's been away? Will Zico want to alienate the non-Euro-based players (destroying a good "vibe" in the team about his attitude towards their efforts and abilities so far) by giving him an instant-in even though Nakata has not "proved" himself recently? If he is used, which position -- what formation?

there seems to be a big debate among fans about the character of Nakata's position in the team -- 1) some say that he is a necessary leader and his skills and strengths are second to none in Japan;2) others say that he may have been the cause of bad team solidarity due in some part from his attitude and play style (which is unlike Shunsuke and Ono, is about strength and not built around graceful, kind, artistry esp w.r.t. passes and interaction w/ teammates) and in some part from his inability to arrive ahead of a game with plenty of time to train with the rest of the NT.

hmmm...what do you think?

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Seems Nakata still has a way to go and will be left out of Fiorentina's next game.
    He would be useful as someone that could protect the ball and not give Oman too many chances, since Japan only needs a tie. But there is no point in putting him on the team if he is just going to sit on the bench.

6. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    true, his presence itself could be considered pressure against Oman, injury or not. what position do you think he should play if he were to return to the "new" Japan NT? A lot of my Japanese friends have said that it may be interesting to see him in Kaji's position... put a little pressure in the side than previously.

I'm sure you've seen on the internet too that there are rumors that Zico may be going to Italy to see Nakata in a match if he plays. This I guess is a fair indication that Zico still looks to Nakata with some hope for using him in the Oman game.

But if he doesn't play in the remaining Fiorentina match, he's probably out.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What happend to Yanagisawa ? He isnt on the bench now :/
    Is he injuried ?

8. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    I hear he's got a bad flu, and had been running a high fever for the last few weeks. The last game he played for Messina, he was playing with a fever, but it got worse after that and then he has been trying to recover.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks man :)

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Takahara scored after 3 minutes in todays game against Hertha Berlin..

They´ve played in 15 min =)

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The game end 2-1 to Hamburg, Takahara score both goals :D

Great , he´s back.

12. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he Saves "Toppi" from getting sacked..........for now

13. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    the fall of the eternal phoenix has been such a pain to watch but hopefully along with the rising dragon this will be the turning point. i'm more worried about the elements. only the element of wind is in good condition to play now.

14. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    whew, Taka needed these... maybe more than even the team did... do you happen to have the details of these goals? headers? volleys? longshots? corners?
    thanks!

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No not at the moment, later today i know, i will tell you :)

16. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Here's the Reuters' Article on that game

Takahara double gives troubled Hamburg victory

BERLIN, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Two goals from Japan striker Naohiro Takahara gave Hamburg SV a 2-1 win over Hertha Berlin on Sunday that probably saved coach Klaus Toppmoeller's job.

Toppmoeller's team, who had lost four of their first five games in the Bundesliga this season, moved up to 13th to leave Hansa Rostock bottom of the standings.

Takahara headed the home side into the lead after three minutes before scoring the winner as he completed his first Bundesliga double 10 minutes from time.

Hertha, who had drawn their first five games, had levelled in the 12th minute through midfielder Christian Mueller.

The club from the capital are fourth from bottom and the only side yet to win a match six games into the championship.

Bundesliga newcomers FSV Mainz continued their strong start with a 1-1 home draw against Borussia Dortmund in the other match played on Sunday.

An early goal from Czech striker Jan Koller put the visitors in the lead but striker Benjamin Auer equalised in front of a club record 20,300 fans 11 minutes into the second half.

Mainz are a surprise fifth, two places above Dortmund.

Early pacesetters VfL Wolfsburg stayed top after a last-minute goal in a 2-1 win over Kaiserslautern on Saturday.

17. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    hey, thanks for posting that!

18. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    so Endo is out of the Oman match right?
    Ono said his foot would heel by the 2nd day of practice, but he missed the 2nd day too. Endo is replaceable w/ Nakata, but they need Ono, considering they haven't scored on Oman yet this year without lucky bounces. Santos and Kaji are also not 100%, but I don't think we are lucky enough to have Kaji miss the match..

19. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan really need to improve in scoring. I can't remember the last time Japan scored from run-of-play.

20. beetee

beetee New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    I be a massive fan of the Japanese national team.
    I live in Australia, and can't read Japanese so I was wondering if anybody can help me on a few things...

1. What happened to Morioka? I think he is one of their best and most experienced defenders. But he hasn't been in their squad recently.

2. Who is currently their right midfielder? I need this for Pro Evo soccer. I put Ono on the right, but I don't think he plays there.

thanks!

21. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    if I remember correctly, Morioka was hurt in the WC group round in 2002 against Belgium...and Miyamoto (the current captain) took his place. After that, Morioka hung on as a sub for a little bit, but then other players replaced him.

currently, i think the right mid is Kaji...

anyone correct me if Im off....

22. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Kaji seems to be the first choice on the right, for better or for worse.

And it's going to be hard for Morioka to get his place back in the NT, now that he has Miyamoto, Tsuboi and Nakazawa ahead of him.

Also, Miyamoto disagrees with Zico's plan to bring in washed up has-beens for the Singapore match. I have to agree with Miyamoto - it's disrespectful to the players who are fighting to make the national team, it's disrespectful to guys like Nakayama who don't need Zico's pity, and it's disprespectful to Singapore.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What i´ve seen from Kaji, i cant say i like him so much. It have to be someone that is better than him ?

24. heyheyhe

heyheyhe New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    i heard MIURA KAZU and nakayama will play the final qualifying game ? can anyone confirm this ? is this a retirement game for japanese veterans ?

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    See my post above. This is one thing (out of many) that bugs me about Zico. Here's an opportunity to look at some players (especially at forward, where there is little quality or depth) who haven't gotten a chance to play, and he wants to pull some publicity stunt?