Japanese football streaming guide

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by naopon, Mar 8, 2014.

1. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Are you sure? I thought we established (or learned) they only have rights to Japan

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Got confirmation from DAZN: in Germany (and probably in Austria and Switzerland too) there will be "very, very few" selected games from J1.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Is not satisfying. I want to see J3 games as well, especially Ryukyu games. Hope they will solve this problem.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No Radu it's not a problem for them, unfortunately. It's just the way it has been set up. And just to be clear, it's the JLeague to blame, not DAZN.
    It's not going to change, sorry... your best bet is to wait and see what happens with Eversport and other providers right now. In the meanwhile... time to be a pirate.

5. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been a happy waruno watching for years now :laugh:

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So is the only way to legally stream J-League matches in the United States through Eversport? I have been busy the past couple years so I haven't had much time to watch the J-League and I hope to follow it more this season. Not sure I wanna pay $20 a month though.

Does Kazan Channel still exist? I remember watching alot of matches there a couple of years ago.

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Doesn't stream anymore.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just a note out of curiosity... Sport Klub streams J1 again this year - just a few matches per week I guess. For example they broadcasted Omiya-Frontale this week. Still kind of weird.

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry that DAZN doesn't work here in Italy. I hope they'll come that through for 2018 season.

Plus, a little question: the J. League disactivated the highlight channel? Before there were two channels, one for promotional video and shorter highlights and one for ALL highlights of three professional leagues. Now this 2nd channel doesn't exist anymore (dumb move) and shorter highlight are the only ones available.

10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I think that was Skapa channel with all three professional leagues. Hope DAZN can create something similar, but I don't think.

11. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Not overly with impressed with DAZN this weekend.

Quality of the picture was worse than what it has been for A-League and Bundesliga imho. And they weren't able to show the Gamba-match at all, so a lot of angry fans right now.

Also, the new graphics of the team names, score etc looks really poor. Prefer the Skapa-graphic any day over this. Also they removed the number of shots stats, or basically any stats really. Considering Perform is the same company as OPTA, that's a bit surprising, but I guess OPTA doesnt cover J.League... (which again is strange in itself, now that they have the broadcasting rights..)

Radu Razvan repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah was just looking around, lots of angry people indeed. They better keep that price for a long, long time with this kind of service... I'm still subbing but, heh.
    Opta does cover Jleague! It's OptaJiro.

13. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jleaguechannel/videos

The official channel has goal highlights and brief recaps (2') of every game. It's not much, but it's better than nothing!

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    THOMA GOL, Dax and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Gave up waiting for Chromecast and decided to buy Amazon Fire Stick, so I'm finally able to watch it on the big screen.

Watching A-League now, and the quality is so-so. 480p at best I guess. Looks a lot better on the phone. A bit step down from Skapa of course, but considering the price and the amout of sports we can watch I guess it's still a very good deal.

And Amazon Fire Stick works on its own as well, so don't have to connect via a phone which is very good.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Time to revive this thread.
    How is everyone watching Jleague? DAZN is now blocking seemingly every VPN which is annoying... and I have a very hard time finding streams on the usual websites.
    Lately I'm forced on bet365 which, well, makes my eyes bleed due to the screen size.
    Any tips?

@naopon if you ever find the time, I guess we'd need to update the OP...

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    http://www.wiz1.net/schedule - usual place for streams (not only J League), with adblock you have to wait 4 seconds and enjoy the game. They usually update the site, but sometimes there are some problems with that. On that occasion I usually go to
    http://live2all.me/soccer/ - shitty, barely watchable due to ads and scripts, but they have everything you need.

That's how I roll this year so far...

artml and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    artml and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Are there any good J-League podcasts in English?

20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The J-Talk Podcast

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  21. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Thanks. I did see that today so I’ll have a listen.

Whispered11 repped this.
  22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks for all the new links
    For what's worth, I can help with a simple suggestion that in my experience has been the best for fighting ads even when an adblocker is not enough.
    There's a firefox extension called "strict pop-up blocker" it's super easy. When you click on it and it has a tiny red circle it will block any new window that tries to open, it has really worked for me. I could click a thousand times on the annoying "x" to close and ADS and they won't go anywhere.
    Just click on it again and it will be disabled.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/strict-pop-up-blocker/?src=search

Samurai Warrior and Majster2 repped this.