Japanese Abroad 2010/11 [R] - Part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by scotch17, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He'd better stay in Wolfsburg. As I wrote earlier - Roma was really interested with him a year ago when his contract ended and he could be signed for free. As he stayed in Wolfsburg I doubt that Roma will pay for him now.

2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    haha, actually that friend is me, and I gathered most of the information from this board actually, as well as browsing through some japanese sites and forums. There is another transfer-thread at the Japanese league football sub-forum for those who didnt know.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ;)

Damn interesting news.

4. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If CSKA converts to 4321 with Honda and Dzagoev behind a top class striker, it will be a very promising side.
    Russian football likes to use attacking full backs, so they can afford it.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With Kawashima's performances, that club must be jumping up and down for getting his signature.

With GK's, you don't necessarily have to be in a top club to become a top GK. Frankly he could've stayed in Japan and become a great keeper, all you need is to play. He must have got other offers, he probably understands GK improvement isn't necessarily due to club side, so I can only presume he's just going to europe for himself for the experience. All at the same time making sure he's a regular to keep enough form for the JNT.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Inter has already the problem of discharging some players because of non EU passport. I see Inter as unlikely, and in any case I doubt he would start. I hate Inter, but they're European Champions and Italian Champions... Not exactly an ordinary team...

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Rome's out-of-the-field lifestyle is imo what destroyed Nakata's career.
    I'd avoid like the pest, both for Hasebe and Nagatomo.

I think only a fool wouldn't see hat the league to be in now is the Bundesliga, and Hasebe plays in it already. And look how he grew. Really NO REASON to change, if not to go to an ever better German club.

England clearly another interesting option, if it is the right club, while la Liga is the tomb of quite a few Japanese players already: Jo, Nishikawa, Okubo and a certain Shunsuke Nakamura...

8. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I see, I did not know that. Any big club he goes, he probably won't be a starter...even teams like Liverpool.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At first sight of course Roma ranks higher than Wolfsburg, they will play in CL next season also. But I don't know, I also think Premier League and Bundesliga seem more interesting than La Liga and Seria A, I never watch those leagues anymore and there is many reasons for that.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  11. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Eredivisie is another good one. Not the quality of Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, Serie A... but it's just under it, a lot of great upcoming players go through it, and everyone scouts it very well.
    Look how Park and Honda have done for themselves going through Eredivisie. If you're good, you'll get picked up.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  13. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How can you dislike Endo, because he plays for Gamba?

15. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Kind of. And the fact that was key to dismantling Adelaide in the '08 ACL final. (Even though they also beat Melbourne in the group stage, which is a good thing, because I hate Melbourne and only dislike Gamba.)

I mean, I don't mind him - I think he's a good player and all that - but to see him play for both Gamba and Liverpool would be hard to swallow.

16. yakuza fc

yakuza fc Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Sydney
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

abit like Tim Cahill

17. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why? It's not like Liverpool are going to challenge for the EPL anytime soon.

18. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I can't not like a team regardless of their competitive level?

What a world.

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hehe I see. I hate many players. But I would find Endo hard to hate. Players like Drogba, Van Bommel and few more make that easy for you.

20. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    You Scandos make me laugh xD

21. _katsukun_

_katsukun_ Member

n/a
    Japan
    Jun 23, 2010
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kawashima to Lierse, I suppose if the team's website publishes a message it's 100% (well 99,999%) a done deal.

http://www.lierse.com/nl/news/eiji-kawashima-op-weg-naar-lierse
    He will arrive on tuesday in Belgium... still have to discuss few minor issues of his contract....There will be press conference on wednesday to announce the transfer.

I think Lierse is going to have a tough season, so Kawashima will get lots opportunities to shine! :)

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I just think its hilariously cute. so fangirl of me. Definitely has better English than some other people I know, and they've been in Australia for 5 years.

24. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ya gotta give me more credit than that. I was just using the opportunity to take a cheap shot at Liverpool...