Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R] - Part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R]

*sigh* :(
    What I find rather strange: He got his first yellow card just a minute before getting the 2nd...

Anyway, this has been a bad weekend for all J-players in Europe it seems. Only defeats or draws at best.

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yes... I have kept my eye on this poster for a while and if I see one more negative post, we will ban you from the Japanese forum.

3. gandychan

gandychan Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

my bad... :( I'm just disappointed in the way the player's teams have been performing. I really would rather see them play and do well. I admit, I have had a negative tone. It was more in jest.

I am a real big supporter of Japan and Japanese soccer. I studied there for 1 year and I can speak Japanese quite well. I also jeopardize my grades in school to watch any Japan matches. For instance, I woke up at 5am to watch Gambe vs. Man U last year the day before my final Unit exam... And it turned out to bump me down from a high pass to just a pass in microbiology... ended up missing it by 2 questions..

Anyway, I just wanted give you an example of how dedicated I am to Japan's football. I get frustrated sometimes when they don't play up to their potential and I say mean things. I'm not trying to troll. I won't write those types of posts again. sorry...

Forgiveness please.

4. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

My respond to that would be, don't just claim it, prove it. I will keep my on you for a while.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If its any consolation, inamoto got dragged in the 54th minute at 0-0
    Then Rennes conceded 3 goals after he came off and lost 3-0.

Shunsuke Nakamura didn't get any time for Espanyol's draw.

6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

On a brighter note, Soma at Maritimo seems to get some playing time again. Subbed in at 72nd minute in a 1-1 draw against Sporting.

And season in Norway is over. 3rd place for Stabaek and Kobayashi (14 goals for him).

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Bookmarked.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

14 goals is great. I wonder if he will get a new contract. He should. If the wants to stay that is.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Unfortunately, he was absolutely invisible. I think he had 4 balls and lose 3 during the match. Very disappointing.

10. arfas-redded

arfas-redded Red Card

Nov 2, 2009

I hear that Stabaek can't pay his salary anymore.
    I hope he will return to J-League anyways.
    He is a joy to watch. :)

11. arfas-redded

arfas-redded Red Card

Nov 2, 2009

I hear that Stabaek can't pay his salary anymore.
    I hope he will return to J-League anyways.
    He is a joy to watch.:)

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Hiroshi Ibusuki scored his first goal with Zaragoza B.

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Yes he is. Okey that is too bad. If that is the case I hope a good team pick him up.

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/hl?c=japansoccer&a=20091103-00000024-spn-socc

Article says that VVV is moving towards signing 21-year-old DF Maya Yoshida from Nagoya (free transfer) in the winter break. VVVs chairman is said to observed him during the Olympics.

Don't know anything about the player to be honest and also am unsure about the trustworthiness of the 'news' as this is only about 'VVV's interest', but I like the idea of a young defender going abroad. Although... given that it's Honda's club going for him, it looks a bit like a money move.

15. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

They do however have perhaps the worst defence I've seen since the Japan U17's. Yoshida would improve that heaps.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Rating from goal.com

Hasebe - 5 - Didn't do much of anything in 45 minutes, and was subbed at the half. Might permanently lose his starting role in the near future.

Does not sound too good.

17. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I didn't watch the game, but Hasebe isn't usually on the pitch for Wolfsburg to "do something". What he gives them is stability with sound possession, passing, and defending. It sounds kind of bland, but that's what made him a staple squad player under Magath.

If he was giving the ball away (?) then I'd agree with their assessment.
    But if they're saying "didn't do much of anything" because he wasn't whipping cross after cross into the box and troubling defenders... I'm not too worried about it. That falls more into the feet of Misimovic, Gentner, Grafite, Dzeko. It's his job to feed them good balls, provide an outlet, and defend competently so they have the freedom to go forward at will.

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Rating of Hasebe's Sub though

Pekarik - 5 - As anonymous as Hasebe. Maybe the Japan international has a chance to retain his starting spot after all?

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Pekarik's position is right sideback, so he is not a direct rival for Hasebe. Only when Riether who is granted a starting spot (and never gets replaced unless injured) moves to right midfield for Pekarik he is affected.

Under Veh it seems Hasebe's rivals for a starting spot are new arrivals like Ziani, Johnson and Kahlenberg (who all have not adjusted yet) or fringe player Santana. But when Hasebe is subbed out he usually doesn't get replaced by same position-players - it seems he is replaced by attackers like Martins and Dejagah more often, implying a change of tactics.

Regarding yesterday (didn't watch) kicker.de says that Hasebe had a back injury so Veh was forced to replace him at halftime. I see Hasebe as slightly ahead of all right midfielders in the squad currently because the results were simply better with him starting. But in the long run I hope all this subbing out doesn't affect his confidence.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Ziani is sh*t (i'm an OM fan) but Hasebe should be worried because Kahlenberg is a beast.

21. pepe07

pepe07 New Member

Nov 4, 2009

talking bout japanese players playing abroad, how is the popularity of abroad teams in japan, for example real madrid or barcelona?

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Huge!

If you want to discuss this more in detail ("Japanese soccer fans and overseas teams/soccer") please start a thread about it!

23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It's says "国内外" three clubs. It means 3 clubs from domestic and abroad, and not three European clubs. And they are VVV, Urawa, and FC Tokyo.

25. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

My bad I must have read it hastily.