Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R] - Part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R]

I looked him up at the Czech website from the Gambrinus League and it doesn't look too good. So far he played only 4 games, the last one was a 20 minute substitution the 22th of August. Since then he hasn't played anymore.

And his team isn't performing too good either, after 12 games completely at the bottom of the league.

2. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

And I missed it? Damn!
    Still, good to know he's getting regular starting spots, and doing alright for himself. Would love to see him back in the NT.

3. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It was only his second start this season, so I'm not too sure about that.
    Unless there is a dramatic change in form, I'd hate to see him make the NT at the expense of another midfielder (unless we're talking about Hashimoto or Abe :rolleyes:)

4. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Let's not forget that he got sent off, in the other game.

My want for him to make the NT is more about my man-crush on him, than anything else... but if he found the form he had ages ago, that'd be awesome, and surely he'd then deserve a place in the squad.

5. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Fair enough, I'm not going to deny my own man crush on Naka whose getting pretty debatable too :eek:

If Shinji was back to his Feyenoord days he'd be the first name on the team sheet!

6. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Goalkeeper? Good heavens!

7. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If the only other option was Tsuzuki... I'd take Ono.

8. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Unfortunately I didn't see it too, and I don't even know where to find Bundesliga-clips not only limited to goal scenes. So below is the official 'summary' by Sky.de - you have to click on the right banners beneath the embedded video:
    http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/fussball-bundesliga-video.jsp

It is worth noting that kicker.de's match report mentions Ono's great form yesterday... He cut open Werder's defense once more 'beautifully' and especially state that Werder had huge problems due to his precise passes. Not every day that kicker singles out a player of the losing team. Of course, it is still too early for a call-up but if he stays injury-free, Ono finally seems on the right way.

On a related note, Bochum will announce a new head coach today so we will see what role Ono will play.

9. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I got to see some highlights of the Bochum - Bremen game, yesterday. They were somewhat extended highlights (showed a little more than the goal), but didn't show a great deal from Ono. The pass was very well executed, though.

Apart from that, it mostly showed him and a few other teammates arguing with the referee over a few calls.

Also noticed that Hasebe came on for Martins with around 40 minutes left on the clock... anybody know how it went? I was busy watching another disappointing match, at the time.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Red card for Morimoto ...

11. BlueHeart91

BlueHeart91 New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Bochum is not going good on Bundesliga? I feel pity for Ono, he's my favorite japanese player.

What about Honda? I read times ago that Liverpool was watching over him! It will be nice to see him on PL, such a talented midfielder.

Honda and Ono are the best japanese midfielders right now... imo.

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Better that than being a wimp.
    All experience...

He'll change team anyway, Catania seems doomed to go down.

13. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

VVV and Celtic are also out of their cup races...

Honda created a smattering of chances and took his penalty well but it wasn't enough to avoid a draw and Leemans missing his penalty in the shootout (if you've watched many VVV highlight vids this guy often appears as the fool...)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6NB4h2j0dM"]YouTube - Highlights Sparta - VVV Venlo 1-1 (knvb beker)[/ame]

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Bochum currently one of the 'favorites' to go down, a tag they have every season anyway. Former Germany NT-striker Heiko Herrlich (who managed Germany's U19 until now) officially announced as head coach.

... as Espanyol lost the 1st leg in yesterday's cup match. Shunsuke subbed out early into 2nd half away to Getafe (0-2).

15. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

3+2 OR 3+1 Rule?

17. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

In Indonesia, it's 3 unrestricted foreigner spots + 2 foreigner spots reserved for players from AFC member nations. In past years, all five foreigner spots were unrestricted.

I've actually come around after not being so hot on the rule previously. It's better for football in Southeast Asia, and it forces Indonesian clubs out of their comfort zone of relying on cheap imports from Africa and South America. For my money, the Super League is better off (not to mention more marketable) with more players from Singapore, Thailand, Australia, Japan, etc., than with more Liberians and Uruguayans.

18. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Yes. Out of the League cup in Scotland. Disappointing for sure as a Celtic fan but the main cup competition in Scotland is the Scottish Cup. That doesn't start until later in the season.

Koki has been playing well in friendly matches. Most recently scoring the winner on Tuesday night against Newcastle's reserves but sadly it does look more and more like TM isn't going to give him his chance.

I'd have liked to have seen him at least being given a chance in the first team for a few matches but it looks less and less likely to happen. The way the team is playing at the minute if he doesn't get a chance soon then I'm not sure he ever will under TM.

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

To be fair, from what I've heard Zheng Zhi has been fantastic considering his first season.

20. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Yes. If you put it in the correct context that it's the first competitive football(apart from the odd international) that he's played for some time then he has done very well. Particularly in the Glasgow derby. He didn't have the best of matches on Wednesday but then not many players in the team did.

21. gandychan

gandychan Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

3 minutes after coming on, Hasebe allowed the equalizer as wolfsburg fail to collect all 3 points in the dying minutes of the game. 3-3.

Koki Mizuno again fails to make the bench and it is a conundrum as to why Tony Mowbry won't let him leave.

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ok, your regularly negative messages are beginning to annoy me. If all you can do is come here to underscore whenever a Japanese player abroad fails to amaze, I believe you have not much in common with the other members of this forum, and you begin to resemble a troll. So, consider yourself warned.

23. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

2nd sent-off for Ono in a row ... havent watched the match, so cannot say more

24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The first yellow was OK, but the second was harsh!! Ono was competing for a loose ball with an opponent and stretch his leg to collect the ball, but the other player stretch his leg first, and Ono's leg hit the opponent thigh, and the ref awarded Ono a second yellow card and sent him off.

There were barely 2 minutes between the first and the second yellow card.

Bad luck for Ono!

25. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

I'll say it if you won't: He's a troll. 60 posts since 2008, all but a select few bashing Japan.