Japanese Abroad 2008/09 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by aiueo-redded, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008
  2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2008/09 Part 2 [R]

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2009/06/12/03.html

Now Hannover 96 / Bundesliga is interested in Matsui. Don't know if it's a good idea to change country, but H96 is a ok mid-table side where I think he would be regular starter, if he gets adjusted to life here. Also Locomotiv Moscow is mentioned as scouting the player.

Is Grenoble a good side? I am somewhat suspicious as this club is owned by a Japanese company, so it seems it is not the coach who wants him but the board? See Ito, he was only benchwarming when they were playing 2nd division? Anyone familiar with French football or this club?

3. Ken2

Ken2 New Member

May 13, 2009
    Sydney
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I think that Yamada Naoki would work perfectly in the EPl if he is able to become more physical.

He has the ability to become a much more complete player than Japanese midfielders in the past like Nakamura who were never very good at defense.

He has a pretty good all around game which is needed in the EPL.

6. alsultan

alsultan New Member

Jan 30, 2007

hello..

i have heard that Daisuke Matsui will move to Alnassr club(saudi arabia) for 3.2M euro
    is that true and does he deserve this amount oh money and i want to ask how many matches has he played this session

thanx in advance

best regards

7. okubo-redded

okubo-redded Red Card

Jun 6, 2006
  8. okubo-redded

okubo-redded Red Card

Jun 6, 2006

I agree with you on Grenoble.
    Matsui had better join a club where the manager wants him.
    Hannover is a steady club in the Bundesliga and I'll be happy if he gets playing time there. It is also good to see the first Japanese player in Russia. Personally going back to J-League isn't a bad option considering his World Cup chance.

9. okubo-redded

okubo-redded Red Card

Jun 6, 2006

In Norway Daigo Kobayashi has scored 6 goals in 13 league and cup games so far.
    Hope his team will qualify for the Champions League.

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leparisien.fr%2Fsports%2Fjournal-transferts%2Falou-diara-prolonge-a-bordeaux-14-06-2009-547308.php&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=

This says Matsui has agreed to join grenoble. He's still in the squad so I presume this is verbal so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junichi_Inamoto

And Inamoto's jobless in Germany. Muppets at Frankfurt sold their two best defensive midfielders (Fink and Inamoto)

Any news on him?

11. Kashiwagi

Kashiwagi Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Paris
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

For the move of Daisuke Matsui to Grenoble, it will be ok in few days. Matsui agreed to play for them and now, Saint-Etienne & Grenoble talks for the price.
    In my opinion, it's a good move for Matsui because he will be a regular at 100 % if he play good. Contrariwise, I see him only one year there before to move to a bigger team, french or european because GF38 is an averrage team for the talent of Matsui.

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

As you probably know, Grenoble is a "twin club" with Kyoto Sanga. The owner (I BELIEVE) are Japanese.
    That's good news for me, because it means that Matsui is still in Sanga's orbit...
    But I believe that in order to go to the WC2010 and to play, his season in Grenoble must be stellar. If things go wrong, he might very well move back to Japan in January 2010 to the first team that guarantees him a starting spot... (probably Sanga...)

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

did Grenoble win promotion to Ligue 1 this year?

14. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

Wikipedia says Grenoble survived in L1 by seven points, four ahead of ASSE. It was their first season in L1 after winning promotion the previous season. The Japanese owners built a really nice looking stadium that opened last year, so it's a club with ambition. It really looks like a fantastic place to play football, so good luck to him. Incidentally, the Grenoble ice hockey team won the French league this year so it's a sporting city.

15. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Good luck to Matsui :)

I hope he proves my scepticism about the club wrong by earning a spot in Grenoble's regular 11 early into the new season. Probably he is doing right in not going to another league when he got used to life in France, esp in regards to being part of the NT in South Africa.

I have nothing against the club, but their track record of 'importing' Japanese players (Oguro, Ito, and Umezaki) did not have a too positive impact on respective careers. Of course, with Matsui they get a player who already has experience in League 1, so this might be a different case.

16. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Did not hear anything, but at this stage in his career (almost 30, no part of the NT, not very convincing since moving from Fulham to WBA back in 2004 :eek:) I think this lad has an issue with lack of confidence. If he stays in Europe he should consider offers from a second division club or a weaker league to ressurect his carreer...

As for Eintracht Frankfurt, I think former coach Funkel liked him a lot (he likes hard working DMs) but after his resignation, they are opting for not renewing contracts with thos already running out. This season was a disaster for a club with a 47,000-average home game audience - they projected 45 pts and achieved only 33! But the problem was that they didn't get the 33 pts. by playing attractive but inefficently, they got them by playing drab football...

17. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008

No news about Takayuki Morimoto ?? He will stay at Catania??

18. barba-redded

barba-redded Red Card

Jun 15, 2009
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio

List of lesser known foreign based Japanese players

Europe

Daigo Kobayashi (Stabaek, Norway)
    - Kobayashi joined the 2008 Norwegian champions in 2009 January. He is playing well, scoring 6 goals.

Takayuki Seto (FC Ploieşti, Romania)
    - FC Ploieşti will be promoted to the top league of Romania next season. Seto is a 23 years old midfielder and he is a regular there. Interesting he has never played in Japan as professional.

Kazuo Homma (Diosgyori, Hungary)
    - Homma netted 9 times in the Hungarian top division league. He played for Thespa Kusatsu in 2004.

Kenji Fukuda (Ionikos FC, Greece)
    - Fukuda scored 9 goals in 23 games in the Greek 2nd division. He has been linked with 1st division clubs of Greece and unknown J-League sides. Fukuda is a journeyman.
    He has played in Japan, Paraguay, Mexico, Spain and Greece.

Hidetoshi Wakui (ND Gorica, Slovenia)
    - ND Gorica is a powerful team in Slovenia. They qualified for 2009-10 Europa League. Not sure if he is a starter there.

Americas

Kosuke Kimura (Colorado Rapids, USA)
    - Kimura is the 1st Japanese player in MLS and currently a starting right back at the club.

Takayuki Suzuki (Portland Timbers, USA)
    - The 2002 WC goalscorer plays in the United Soccer League 1st division. He is struggling to score as usual.

Takashi Hirano (Vancouver Whitecaps, Canada)
    - Hirano was named team of the season last year. Whitecaps will join MLS in 2011.

Yusuke Kato (Defensores de Belgrano, Argentina)
    - Kato is the 2nd Japanese to play in the Argentine top tier league after Takahara. He currently plays for 2nd division club Defensores on loan from Huracan.

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Thanks barba! Credit for the research. Love to hear about all these players. Takes a lot of courage to go to a club with zero media coverage in Japan. I have read about this guy below earlier in this thread and might add him:

Europe:
    Osama Elsamni (Teplice FK, Czech Republic)
    - Forward, joined 2009 January from Verdy Youth. Japanese/Egyptian. According to Wiki, he is 20 yrs, made 5 matches, no goals and the team finished 7th. They won the Czech Cup 2009.

20. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Okubo now officially back in Kobe...

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

No European club that interested him? Or vice versa maybe :p

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Nope, not that I am aware of. Probably he wouldn't have joined another club anyway in order to keep his regular-starting-place at Kobe Vissel, and therefore in the NT.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

It's to bad really, i thought he could've done better this time.

24. La Famiglia

La Famiglia New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Kobe
    Club:
    Vissel Kobe

Most fans were not to sad to seem him leave Vissel last year, but considering our terrible form at the moment (which btw is not because he left), it's good to have him back.

25. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I agree, but realistically, Wolfsburg's strikers netted 50+ times and their attacking midfielder Misimovic had 20 assists this season, and the other one, Gentner, had 10 assists (and you know all numbers only include league games). I recall that Grafite was injured when Okubo joined, and it looked promising with him hitting the post in his first match. Had the ball gone in, maybe everything look different now... :(