Japanese Abroad 2005/06 [R] - Part III

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Txtriathlete, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senden

Senden New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2005-2006 (part II)

Yeah same actually, let me have a look and see what I can do. You need the vp70 codec to run them, which you can get with the k-lite pack from www.free-codecs.com. I will just wait and see if i can find it elsewhere and if not, I will just cap it myself in the morning.

2. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

I just seen extended highlights of the game and Nakata was on fire in the first half, Boltons best player. His passing and movement were awsome and his cross for the goal was amazing :D
    He faded out in the second but Bolton were 3-0 by this time
    More of the same in the World Cup please :)

3. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Thanks it's working fine now :) , i found it on another website http://www.divxhouse.com/codecs/on2_vp7_personal_edition.exe

4. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

2006 Euro-based Japanese players' up-to-date records in league games.

Code:
                                        [B]Apps           Goals           Assists[/B]
    [B]Nakamura - Celtic/Scotland[/B]            32              6                9
    [B]Yanagisawa - Messina/Italy[/B]             7              0                0
    [B]Okubo - Mallorca/Spain[/B]                25              2                2
    [B]Fukuda - Castellion/Spain 2nd[/B]         15              1                1
    [B]Nakata - Bolton/England[/B]               18              1                2[COLOR="Blue"][B](+1)[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]Inamoto - WBA/England[/B]                 22              0                3 
    [B]Nakata - Marseille/France[/B]              4              0                0
    [B]Matsui - Le Mans/France[/B]               30              3                7 
    [B]Oguro - Grenoble/France 2nd[/B]           14              4                0
    [B]Takahara - HSV/Germany[/B]                19              1                1
    [B]Ono - Feyenoord/Holland[/B]                4              0                0
    [B]Hirayama - Heracles/Holland[/B]           31              8                2
    [B]Nakata - Basel/Switzerland[/B]             9              1                0
    [B]Suzuki - Red Star/Serbia&Montenegro[/B]    5              0                0

Fukuda, Oguro and Suzuki moved to Europe this winter.
    Koji Nakata transfered to Basel from Marseille this winter.
    Ono and Yanagisawa returned to Japan this winter.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

My rant of the day:

About both Nakata and Inamoto. They don't seem to make effort to receive the ball. Worse still, I see them moving closer to a marking player when a team mate is holding the ball. It's almost as if they're making effort to avoid getting a pass.

Something about that tendency annoys me. In EPL, you have to run about to make a room for yourself so that you get the pass. Then you have to protect the ball while someone else runs about to make room. Nakata and Inamoto seem to deliberately avoid doing this.

If, and this is a big IF, what I see is true, then it's no wonder their managers don't play them constantly. They have fantastic abilities in some OTHER ways, particularly in their one-touch & creative passes. 2 often-noticeable examples are, when they make a great middle-distance forward pass, and when they are within about 10 yards of the box and make a wonderful flick or one-touch pass forward.

I'd welcome any constructive views on this. What does everyone else think?

7. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

I think that's a good thing.

I had always questioned how wise it'd be for him to move to spain as it is. To me, what he needed was the room to play his game and gain momentum. He spent his time in Italy getting pushed to his limit week in week out and he learned to retain his technical ability even while getting pressed hard. He'd get the same in spain, though perhaps not as much.

What he is getting at Celtic is this 'space' to explore on the pitch. He's getting much more opportunity to experiment. I think that's what Nakamura needed.

BTW, I wouldn't say this if he were, say, 23 or 24. He's 27 now right? He's got to the point where he should stop standing on a knife-edge. Instead he should gain momentum based on what he knows. Scotland has given him that opportunity.

8. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

Japanese Article

Charlton offer Nakata.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

That could be pretty good for him.

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Nice...

11. dunderheid

dunderheid New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Aberdeen, Scotland

I hope this is the correct thread for news about Nakamura

Strong rumours/stories in Glasgow that he will move to Atletico Madrid in the summer. It's believable because I don't think he's settled at Celtic.

Anyway, who cares? Celtic is not my club!!!!

I'm coming to Japan for the Kirin Cup and a few beers/sake will put me in a party mood. Because Scotland did not qualify for Germany '06 I want to 'adopt' a team for the tounament. Should it be Nippon? and why?

12. Senden

Senden New Member

Apr 3, 2006

Support England... go on you know you wanna ;).

13. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland

[​IMG]

14. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

West Brom are Relagated officialy, What does this mean for Ina, where will he go, i hope he doesn't stay

15. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11

he will probably move back to japan.

The EPL is way too physical a league for him.

16. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11

atleast I'd hope so, atleast rebuild his confidence.

17. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

wait a minuite, didn't you say not long ago that going back to Japan was just giving up and he should stick it out in Europe?

18. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

its what the player wants, the guy an screw his life or not...

not tryna be superstitious or anything, but the guys badluck ot himself, i mean you realize he is the least lucky one in europe and all i mean he gets so much criticism its not funny...and thats mostly because he is in England...but thats off topic

i don't think the EPL is a too physical for inamoto, it can be physical inamoto just has to be in his hotshot mode i mean ,there are inamoto moments in the EPL and they came to be sweet at times when he is very effective in a game , but then agian his magics been lost again...well current club i always hated from the start, he suited fulham more

19. mikado

mikado Red Card

Apr 19, 2006

Matsui assisted one goal

20. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

You mean "another goal" :D

21. Video Newbie

Video Newbie New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Back in US :(
  22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan

Thanks VN

24. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

2006 Euro-based Japanese players' up-to-date records in league games.

Code:
                                        [B]Apps           Goals           Assists[/B]
    [B]Nakamura - Celtic/Scotland[/B]            33              6                9
    [B]Yanagisawa - Messina/Italy[/B]             7              0                0
    [B]Okubo - Mallorca/Spain[/B]                25              2                2
    [B]Fukuda - Castellion/Spain 2nd[/B]         16              1                1
    [B]Nakata - Bolton/England[/B]               19              1                2
    [B]Inamoto - WBA/England[/B]                 22              0                3 
    [B]Nakata - Marseille/France[/B]              4              0                0
    [B]Matsui - Le Mans/France[/B]               31              3                8[COLOR="Blue"][B](+1)[/B][/COLOR] 
    [B]Oguro - Grenoble/France 2nd[/B]           15              4                0
    [B]Takahara - HSV/Germany[/B]                19              1                1
    [B]Ono - Feyenoord/Holland[/B]                4              0                0
    [B]Hirayama - Heracles/Holland[/B]           31              8                2
    [B]Nakata - Basel/Switzerland[/B]             9              1                0
    [B]Suzuki - Red Star/Serbia&Montenegro[/B]    6              0                0

Fukuda, Oguro and Suzuki moved to Europe this winter.
    Koji Nakata transfered to Basel from Marseille this winter.
    Ono and Yanagisawa returned to Japan this winter.

25. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

Japanese Article

Hirayama has quit college to concentrate on football.