Japanese Abroad 2005/06 [R] - Part III

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Txtriathlete, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2005-2006 (part II)

Kilmarnock-Celtic 1-4

Two goals by Shunsuke :D Fck i love this guy.

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

AHAHA I LMAOED WHEN I SAW THIS:

Hamburger SV 2:0 Borussia Monchengladbach
    34' Rafael van der Vaart
    90' Naohiro Takahara

BWAHAH

3. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

TAKAHARA SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D WHAT A GREAT DAY!
    HSV won 2:0 against Gladbach

THANKS GOD FOR THE GOAL!!!

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Good asian day.

5. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Great that takahara scored, but Ina and hide still didn't play for west brom or bolton :(

6. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

because west brom manager is a f@gtard

7. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

Inamoto played yesterday.

8. taka_84 redded

taka_84 redded BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 22, 2005

Yes, but only 7 minuites :(
    I really hope he moves

9. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

I found the source written by Spanish media, AS.
    http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20060407&xref=20060407dasdasftb_6&type=Tes&anchor=dasftbA00

10. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

2006 Euro-based Japanese players' up-to-date records in league games.

Code:
                                        [B]Apps           Goals           Assists[/B]
    [B]Nakamura - Celtic/Scotland[/B]            30              6[B][COLOR="Blue"](+2)[/COLOR][/B]            9
    [B]Yanagisawa - Messina/Italy[/B]             7              0                0
    [B]Okubo - Mallorca/Spain[/B]                24              2                2
    [B]Fukuda - Castellion/Spain 2nd[/B]         14              1                1
    [B]Nakata - Bolton/England[/B]               15              1                1
    [B]Inamoto - WBA/England[/B]                 20              0                3 
    [B]Nakata - Marseille/France[/B]              4              0                0
    [B]Matsui - Le Mans/France[/B]               29              3                7 
    [B]Oguro - Grenoble/France 2nd[/B]           12              4                0
    [B]Takahara - HSV/Germany[/B]                18              1[B][COLOR="blue"](+1)[/COLOR][/B]            1
    [B]Ono - Feyenoord/Holland[/B]                4              0                0
    [B]Hirayama - Heracles/Holland[/B]           29              7                2
    [B]Nakata - Basel/Switzerland[/B]             5              1                0
    [B]Suzuki - Red Star/Serbia&Montenegro[/B]    5              0                0

Fukuda, Oguro and Suzuki moved to Europe this winter.
    Koji Nakata transfered to Basel from Marseille this winter.
    Ono and Yanagisawa returned to Japan this winter.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Still can't believe Takahara scored. :D

12. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
  13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I wanted to see Nakamura in CL. Please stay in Celtic one more season.

14. Mutu_20

Mutu_20 New Member

Dec 27, 2005

Same here. I think a season of CL will really do him good and possibly raise his increasing reputation.

I would hesitat for him to move to Athletico tbh. They are a very unstable club and might not suit him that well. He is definitely good enough to get a move to a bigger club in spain.

I mean, am I being to optomistic to say that he should go to a club like Valencia or something. He is that good I think.

15. Senden

Senden New Member

Apr 3, 2006

Whats the point him staying at Celtic for CL? They are only going to go out in the group stages as they always do, if anything, it would damage his reputation instead of add to it. Eventhough there probably isn't any Celtic fans on here but everybody in the right mind knows that Celtic are pretty crap in comparison to most CL teams.

16. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11

If the current Celtic were in the EPL they'd be in about 7-9.

Which means they'd be on the cusp of a UEFA spot.

THey aren't bad by any means, is just maybe if you wanted trophies and didn't care about the league you were playing it...you'd go to celtic.

I'd really like for Ono to move back out to europe, preferably to a top european side but maybe after a few seasons at the J.league and when he gets back into true world class form.

I just feel that the J.league is a GREAT stepping stone for alot of the japanese footballers.

I just feel that in order to become truly great you have to take that great leap of faith and go to Europe and fight for a spot.

It isn't worth going to a side that won't let you fight for a spot. However it's also stupid for you to come back home once you realize you can't get a spot on the team.

Are you to let europe break you that easily? Why not go to a different club?

Maybe it's just my idealism...

17. Mutu_20

Mutu_20 New Member

Dec 27, 2005

Incedentally. Does anyone have Naka's goals from the weekend?

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I would also like to see them , a beautiful freekick as usual ;)

19. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

Actually, in this particular instance Inamoto getting excluded is self-inflicted. He's been poor lately. Same goes for Nakata.

Anyway. Takahara scored?!! Christ, that means he's used up his luck for the next 3 years :D Seriously though, good job to him, he really needed it as well. He needs some sort of catalyst.

As for Nakamura's 2 goals, they were both good. Very good. 2nd one was a nice confident finish as well from a smooth buildup. I still think his goal vs Livingston was the best (where he dribbled past 3), but he showed another side to his play this week - all good news.

20. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

You make a good point in a way. One problem though is the difference in the way they play football. I don't think a leap of faith is enough. Personally, I think there are 2 key factors: (1) Language (2) Getting used to getting closed down.

I don't doubt that technical side of J-league is good enough for moving to europe. But, players in J-league play football based on the assumption that they get the room to play. So when they arrive in europe, they suddenly find that they aren't being given room to play. Then POOF! their technical ability they spent 15 years building up disappears over-night.

To alleviate this problem, I reckon 2 things may help - first, introduce a better program nation-wide to speak (not 'learn') foreign languages. second, move to a mid-level physical league to get used to the physical side of the game. Maybe like Matsui.

For example, I think it'd be suicidal to go straight to EPL from J-league. Inamoto is a good example of this. He has enough height and weight as other average european player, but he spent 4 years learning to play physically. That's a lot of time wasted. This isn't a question of physiology, but more to do with awareness. I sometimes wonder whether he should've spent 2 years in Holland or something, before moving to EPL.

21. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11

I agree, however I also think that the style of game japan plays allow WAY too much space for strikers

It's just not good.

You have to be physical.

The EPL is probably the toughest league in the world to play simply because the english play the game with such physicality that it is tough for ANYONE, look at diego forlan, to adapt.

I think Nakata is slowly realizing this as well. alot of the players who come from other countries soon realize they need to add on weight in order to compete.

22. football_addict

football_addict New Member

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija

Suzuki scored two goals today, in Red Star's victory 5-0 in Serbian cup semifinal against second-division team Radnicki. That was his first full match since he arrived in Belgrade.

23. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Wow! :D
    He scored twice :)
    Go Taka!

24. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

nice!
    congrats suzuki :D

25. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

lol, Your telling me that the current Celtic team are better Bolton, Newcastle, Wigan, West Ham, Everton, Middleborough, Charlton. I doubt it very much, They would be fighting relagation, hell Portsmouth play better football than Celtic.
    This is also one of these attitudes i'm desperet to see gone from Japan forever, The Europe is everything attitude, " Oh no, i havn't played in europe i've had a failed career" Same with the fans. J league is better than most of europes average leagues, Swiss, belgian, scotland, Russia, Portugal, that sort of thing.
    When real madrid can beat Verdy 3-0 maybe i'll respect Europe a bit more but until then