Japanese Abroad 2005/06 [R] - Part III

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Txtriathlete, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2005-2006 (part II)

Nakata at Berlin:confused: hmm.....
    It would be cool, if Nakata play here in Germany, but for Berlin:confused:

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Yea, Hertha is definitely a team going down (look at how many players we will lose this summer!). But he will definitely get playing time, he will be playing in one of the great cities in Europe and he would be a good teacher of technique to our young players like Boateng. He'd be a great player for Hertha, and he would also sell us a lot of shirts in Japan. ^______________^

3. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

The friendly match between Japan and Scotland (SAT 13th May) will be shown on the BBC1 Scotland at 11:00am GMT, if you can tune in through Sky or whatever.

England, Italy and Spain tend to get bundled into the "top leagues". Germany, Holland, France, Portugal etc tend to get bundled into another. The point is that I don't think there is much gap between the likes of Germany and Holland.

Anyway...

Personally, I think 1st-time-Japanese players (i.e. new in europe) are best suited in leagues that are attacking without overwhelmingly physical. If Inamoto had moved to Holland for 3 years then EPL for 3 years, the last 6 years may have been more productive.

Nakamura at Celtic is an interesting one; he has somehow managed to surround himself with technical passers. Celtic wasn't like that before. Scottish Prem isn't like that in general. So may be Nakamura is an exception.

Same for Ono when he was at Feyenoord; he was without a doubt a key player generally, yet nearly useless when the game is fast and physical. Like against PSV, Feyenoord did better playing 4-4-2 without Ono.

Belgium, Holland, Germany and France may be a good 1st-timer destination for young Japan players, in mid to low table teams. Learning to play a physical game without losing the technical ability is the main hurdle for J-league players. Overcome that, and they'll get a fair chance anywhere. To me Japanese players seem to have a natural touch on the ball. There's something very soft and natural about the way they handle the ball. But physical game seems to kill it off at the moment, because J-league refrees prevent games from becoming physical.

Tamada is a good victim of this. He's good tactically and technically, but all that disappears when he's challenged physically. Often he comes across useless in international games.

Matsui on the other hand is a positive example. He was a wimp with a lot of technique. 2nd division France was low level enough that he got to play fairly consistently - that allowed him to learn the physical side of the game. Had Inamoto taken that path, he may have been a much better player today.

4. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
  5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Mine was of course a generalization, what I am thinking is ALSO the pressure one has to win. In the "top" League, defeat is not an option, anc there is less room for error...

That said, I agree: is probably harder playing for Feyenoord than for Arminia Bielefeld...

(perhaps!)

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Oguro scored in this evenings game against Amiens.

7. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan

nice......

8. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

takahara is moving from hamburg to frankfurt

9. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

Okubo will be leaving Mallorca as they have not renuwed his loan deal, he'll be heading back to Cerezo, Maybe he can help them escape the drop

11. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

heheh, i'm bored...but WiMP! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry, just what wrote sound really funny

12. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
  13. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

Japanese Article

Grenoble's Oguro in Feyenoord's buying list.

14. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006

Japanese Article

Fukuda (Castelion/Spain Div 2) scored one goal last week.
    That's his 2nd goal of the season.

15. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan