Japanese Abroad 2002-04 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Hiroyama has come back.

Hiroyama which belongs to SC Braga of the division 1 of Portugal recovered the injury.
    In a game with Vicente, Hiroyama was a sub member and did not participate on 10/27th.

2. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Yasunaga Goal!

In a convention called COPA DEL RAY, Yasunaga scored a goal in the game with Deportivo de la Corun-a.

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    You mean Copa Del Rey (Cup of the king, or kings cup)

is the spanish version of the fa cup. The king of spain Juan Carlos gives the trophy to the winner at the end.

4. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Just saw the Lazio-Reggina match. Shunsuke is easily Reggina's best player. The guy's got tremendous techniques and a great free kick.

5. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Inamoto has a well-known problem with long plane trips. It isnt as bad as something like Dennis Bergkamp, who is unable to fly at all. But any time he goes on a long trip for a match, it usually takes him at least a week and sometimes two weeks to recover. Gamba Osaka used to complain about it a lot. If they released him to play a match in Europe for the NT, it would mean that he had to miss sometimes two matches before he was back at top form. No one knows the exact reason why, but Im sure there must be some medical name for this type of condition. "Super Jet Lag", or something like that.

If you consider that Inamoto flew all the way to Japan for the Jamaica match, and then also flew to Zagreb for the CL match (where he played quite well, incidentally), it is no surprise that he might be unable to play against ManUre.

6. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Argh. This is not good. Only Shunsuke will be back from Europe for the Japan-Argentina friendly. Argentina, on the other hand, will be loaded. It could get ugly.

http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/top/st200211/st2002110701.html

Who Argentina is sending:

http://www.soccernet.com/global/news/2002/1106/20021106argsquad.html

7. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    that argentina squad is LOADED!

if im correct argentina will come out to get a good win, to put a smile on their future after what happened at the world cup.

good thing this is being played in saitama. Does anyone know if the game will sell out?

japan 0 - argentina 3

8. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    It's in Saitama, home of the Urawa Reds. Trust me, it will sell out. Too bad it will probably get ugly. But I'd still see it if I were in Japan, just to get a look at that great Argentinian team. It's better than the one they fielded at the WC.

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Actually, Suzuki will be back too - they meant that Nakamura is the only member of the "Golden Quartet" that will play.

I'm not overly concerned - it is only a friendly and the new midfield might work better for Nakamura, since he will have less defensive responsibilities without Ono and Inamoto behind him. We'll see.
    But it's good to see Zico supporting Nakamura, something Troussier never did.

10. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh yeah, I did see that. I was just talking about the (golden) midfield. So I guess this means Alex (Santos) gets a start, right? I think they should experiment with this one and put some young guys in. What will the lineups be, for both teams? Any guesses? Can anyone who has seen the Jamaica game explain how different the team plays? I've found this review on Asahi, but blah, Asahi are usually a bunch of tards.

http://www.asahi.com/english/sports/K2002101800423.html

11. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    hopefully japan can keep the score down.

but i have high hopes for that riquelme guy. he's probably the best argentinian on the field if he's on top of his game.

too bad he's underrated.

12. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    riquelme is not underrated, it is just that his coach doesnt give him the freedom he had in boca.

13. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    japan 0 - argentina 7

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I have no idea who will start. My guess is that it will look a lot like the Jamaica starting 11, except for the midfield of course. Maybe a couple of young guys and I guess the midfield will have the traditional two attacking mids/two volantes set up.

In any case, Zico will announce the lineup on Monday.

Oh, and lond2345, I don't know if you're trying to keep a low profile, but it won't be that hard to recognize who you are if you keep putting up those predctions.

This will be tough for sure, but match will be in Saitama and it isn't the same team that lost to France 5-0.

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    11/6

Reggina lost 3-0 at home to Lazio and in the aftermath, head coach Bertolo Mutti was sacked and replaced by Luigi De Canio.
    Story: http://www.soccernet.com/europe/news/2002/1107/20021107reggina.html
    Match report: http://www.soccernet.com/europe/2002/20021106/reports/70688_full.html

Elsewhere in Italy, Parma beat Brescia in a 4-3 shootout. Nakata was involved on the first and third goals, hitting a free kick that was mishandled, then slotted home by Matteo Ferrari in the 15th minute and assisted on Mutu's 26th minute goal.

However, he was substituted after 66 minutes and was not on the field when Parma took the lead for good at 74th minute.
    Match report: http://www.soccernet.com/europe/2002/20021106/reports/70686_full.html

16. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    those predictions mean he's already up to his next scheme. he doesnt need to keep a low profile anymore. who do you think he is? if you really know who he is, you shouldn't say that because you know he always thinks one or two steps ahead of us.

btw, i'll send you an pm regarding some other footy forums. let me know if you have any other good forums.

warning to my favorites moderators and supermods. this is NOT a spam i'm just going to tell a particular member the addresses. so please refrain yourself from a pathetic attempt of carding me. yes, you heard me.

17. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    yo hama,

can i get the list too?

18. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
  19. JPFN

JPFN New Member

Aug 18, 2002
    it
    Schedule

11/16
    EYoshikatu Kawaguchi(Portsmouth/England Division1)
    vs Stoke City
    11/17
    ENozomu Hiroyama(Braga/Portugal)
    vs Beira Mar
    EJunichi Inamoto(Fulham/England Premiership)
    vs Birmingham
    EShinji Ono(Feyenoord/Netherlands)
    vs PSV
    EHidetoshi Nakata(Parma/Italy)
    vs ACMilan
    EShunsuke Nakamura(Reggina/Italy)
    vs Empoli
    ESoutaro Yasunaga(Ferrol/Spain Division2)
    vs Elche

ETakayuki Suzuki(Genk/Belgium)
    no game

20. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
  21. JPFN

JPFN New Member

Aug 18, 2002
    it
    EShinji Ono(Feyenoord/Netherlands)
    vs PSV
    2-1 Feyenoord won.
    Ono 1goal.

EShunsuke Nakamura(Reggina/Italy)
    vs Empoli
    1-1 Under a game
    Nakamura 1goal.

22. JPFN

JPFN New Member

Aug 18, 2002
    it
    Nakamura

1 goal 1 assist.
    Reggina lost.

23. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    God, Reggina is garbage. I just don't see them escaping relegation. I saw their game against Inter, and Nakamura must have had something like 3 potential assists, but no one could finish. He's a prime example of a good player on a bad team.

24. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    "Reggina is garbage. I just don't see them escaping relegation. I saw their game against Inter, and Nakamura must have had something like 3 potential assists, but no one could finish. "

as long as Nakamura keeps producing so that he can guarantee himself a stay in seria a if reggina gets relegated.

do you guys think he has done enough, impressed other teams with his play to make sure that if reggina is relegated another team will pick him up?

he has done well til now and the season is still young, and if he doesnt get injured he should keep raising his stats and guarantee himself a seria a spot.