Japanese Abroad 2002-04 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm gonna go to Comisery park and heckle Takatsu for playing for Chicago's other team!

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Bump-ippity-up.

Inamoto scores Fulham's first goal in their 2-1 FA Cup win over Everton on Wednesday. The Cottagers will host West Ham in the next round.

Ina is currently on the bench as Fulham are at Southampton. Interesting piece on footballasia.com, though, indicating that Fulham might want to hang onto Inamoto after all.

http://www.footballasia.com/en/regional/East/index.asp?id=33957&mth=2&yr=2004

3. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nakata's Reccord in Bologna:

Game Played: 5
    Goal Scored: 1
    Assist: 4

Game Winning Goal:1
    Game Winning Assist: 3

The transfer seen to be worked out well.

4. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    so far nakata's only asian worth mention in europe very unfortunately. i hope ono and nakamura soon get back on track. ono really needs to get out of low level dutch league. he's been injured almost 4/5 of the season since he went there. not so sure about inamoto but he should get much better deal than now. he seems to be ok when he's playing on the pitch but stupid sick fulham doesn't seem to want to use him well. send kashima or jubilo to london and they will kick fulham's ass real bad. probably 4-0 or 5-0. get out of epl, it's only slightly better than j-league. soon j league will surpass such an arrogant league and inamoto will be a lot better of.

5. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    what's happening to Yanagisawa in Sampdoria? He's not getting much PT at all these days right?

In regards to Ina in Fulham. I think he's way better than Legwinski. Why not give Ina more PT instead of just letting him rot on the bench? It irritates me to see a huge talent like him not getting used much on the pitch.

And how about Takahara? He's not scoring much in Germany lately hasn't he? Is the German league too much for him?

6. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Sol de AMERICA 0-1 Guarani

FUKUDA which belongs to Guarani scored a first goal in the 2nd game in Paraguay.
    Guarani will have a game with SantosFC in LIBERTADORES CUP next Wednesday.
    He will become the second Japanese who plays in LIBERTADORES CUP.The first Japanese is Hiroyama which belongs to Montpellier of France now and was in Cerro Porteno of Paraguay once.

7. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Takahara seems to be playing in every game, but Hamburg seems pretty much doomed to mediocrity..........

I agree that Inamoto should be playing, I didn't buy a Fulham jersey to see him sit the bench!

8. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    What is you guys from japan's impression of Fulham.

As being half japanese grownup in europe and followed The English Leagues since 5 I have always considered Fulham as a totally lower league club, and henceforth never would buy a Fulham shirt no matter how many japanese playing in Fulham.

9. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    fulham is a crap. just like most of the epl teams

btw, what in the blue hell is toda doing in the dutch league? when did he move to there? i thought he came back to j-league. anyway, he's not a important factor for both our national team and j-league so let him play wherever the low level leagues he likes.

it's sad that suzuki finally seems to win the regular spot but nobody gives *#*#*#*# about him anymore. hopefully he'll do some fun stuff against oman if he ever gets a chance to stand on the pitch.

10. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    Re: Sol de AMERICA 0-1 Guarani

is paraguay league better than singapore league? what was the team that went to japan for toyota cup and got spanked by j2's weakest team 0-3? wasn't that team from paraguay?

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Malbranque is a great player so Ina won't be taking his spot, but I don't see why the coach thinks Ina is worse than Legwinski or S. Davis. May be he's got something against Asians or the Japanese.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I would say only Arsenal, Man U, and Chelsea are "good" teams in world standard.

Watching Klueless Keegan's Man City winless in god-know-how-many-games is a must if you like torturing yourself.

13. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Coleman, Fulham's new manager, had a set lineup that was clicking for a while ... until Saha threw his little hissy-fit and got his "dream move." I think that Fulham will be a little less reluctant to shift people around considering the past couple results.

14. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    I'm sorry but those who say that Man U, Arse and Chelski are the only good team in England don't understand the English league. Man U, Arse and Chelski should be kicked out of the league then the English league would be as it always have been, a super unpredectable league with a new champion every year. But all you guys I will recommend to follow the 1. Division in England, thats really english football.

And by the way Forza Grifo, you have chosen correctly in being a Everton fan. When I was a kid in the early 80's I was also a huge Everton fan.

15. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    It's a lot harder nowadays, believe me....

17. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well it doesn't matter if the team don't play well..... When I was a kid I weren't everton fan because they were good....... Now I'm fan of my hometown but should i point a team i have a soft spot at in England it's Everton and it will always be Everton.

18. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    ono is back in the lineup and i'm very very worried if he's gonna destroyed by those ducth karate fighters. pelase get out of the dutch league immediately!!

19. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Negotiations between Fulham and Gamba Osaka to extend Inamoto's loan deal to a full transfer has hit a snag, reportedly. Gamba apparently wants 400 million yen (about $3.6 million). I like Inamoto, but Gamba is crazy if they think Fulham will pay that much.

20. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    the epl is not that good. If man U and chelsea were playing in La Liga they both wouldn't make the champions league next season.

21. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    man u will soon relegate to j2 if they play in j league

22. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    The only reason why the EPL ain't that good is because the mid table teams are garbage. Spain from top to bottom has more depth and is a tougher league to win.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's actually the other way around - Spain has quality teams at top but the lower half is nothing to write home about. The Prem has a few teams who are out of their depth but otherwise the talent is well distributed throughout.

Do you know anything about anything? Don, if you want to talk about stuff you don't know anything about, go off to World Rivalries, don't do it here.

24. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    Re: Official Japanese Abroad Thread [possible R)

wow, you sound like mato!!

25. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Re: Official Japanese Abroad Thread [possible R)

I too like Inamoto, but it's sad to see him on the bench all of time. He should go to another club where he can be a guarantee starter.