Pre-match: Japan world cup prediction game

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Clad, Apr 25, 2014.

1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Is this official or BS + sarcastic spirit?

If it's official then it's really unfair and probably Colombia will risk some sanctions if not by FIFA by football fans.
    In anycase if both Japan and Colombia win theirs first two matches it will be an important and real match.

2. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    yeh, not saying your lying @crzdcolombian

but can you please give a source for this and elaborate a bit more regarding this comment:
    "our coach said he wants to rest the starters against Japan so they are ready for the next round that is Italy or Uruguay.."

3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Debatable. There were same problems with some teams tactically playing weakened teams in the Premier League, but it's been legalised now. Making strategies and substitution is part of tactics, but so is team management and selection especially in tournaments, where your options are limited.

4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Japan has some injuries to some players too like Colombia plus some players are not in good form with their club.

5. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    One thing for certain. The japanese media should not report this once they get heed of it:

"our coach said he wants to rest the starters against Japan so they are ready for the next round that is Italy or Uruguay.."

could affect the minds of the players

6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Any team with ambition of going deep in the tournament will usually rest some of their best players in the 3rd group game if they've assured 2nd round qualification already. So hearing that from Colombia is no surprise.

If Japan win both the 1st 2 games I'd like them to rest some players also for the 3rd group game.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #32 crzdcolombian, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Last press conference our coach had he specifically mentioned Japan and resting our starters depending on results. He said we will play 2 friendlys and that we will train in Argentina.

I have No reason to BS you. If I find it I will post it
    http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/futbol/rueda-de-prensa-de-jose-pekerman_13844155-4

Google translate it's bolded where it says japan.

I hope we can give Falcao some minutes this game.

8. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Japan vs ivory coast- Japan [wins] 3-2
    Japan vs greece- Japan [draws] 0-0
    Japan vs colombia- Japan [draws] 2-2

9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Hey guys, stop. I'm not an idiot (someone here think I am I know): I'm not saying Colombia MUST NOT rest players in an eventually useless third match against Japan, even Zac did it in Asian Cup 2011 against Saudi Arabia and JNT u20 too at the Oly, it's "normal".
    What's not "normal" and totally unfair is the manager say it publicly and officially.
    The same manager undervalued Ivory Coast and Greece (cuz he think they will lose for sure) and Japan too cuz if Japan will win the first two matches it will be a real match to eventually avoid the tougher opponent from the other group (maybe an inspired Uruguay).

That's my favored scenario.

c shima, scotch17 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just my 2 cents:

Japan 2 x 1 Ivory Coast
    Japan 2 x 0 Greece
    Colombia 2 x 1 Japan

[​IMG]

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's also a matter of who we want to play in the knockout rounds. Colombias coach just said he wants to go into the Japan game already qualified. He never said we will win all our games or dismantle any of the teams in our group. Just he wants everyone to play and to go into the last game with chances.

Also you realize finishing first and all the other favorites going the way they should.

Next Round if
    Vs Italy
    Vs Brazil
    Vs Spain
    Vs Germany or Argentina!!!!!!!

Finishing 2nd might not be such a bad thing

12. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    i agree its unfair. but humans are hypocrites.

since its benefits japan. i will be hypocritical and ignore that its unfair and take it. when you know your opposing teams would also play dirty

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not like we are going to let you win. Our 2nd string is very strong as well

Arias -RB starter for PSV
    Cristian Zapata - AC Milan CB
    Balanta - CB of River plate wanted by Barca and many of the top teams in Europe
    Quintero - at Porto our next #10
    Jackson Martinez - portals main striker over 20 goals this season wanted by all the big clubs and cost 30-40 million euro
    Bacca - scored over 20 goals for Sevilla this season
    Adrian Ramos - one of the top scorers in Germany and just got bought by Dortund.

Potentially Falcao as we won't risk him the 1st 2 games. You guys don't really play dirty and I can see our coach bringing him on in the 2nd half.

14. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman never said he would rest starters against Japan. He said that given everything goes right, he welcomes the options that winning the first 2 games will give him. Personally, I dont know that we will even win the first two, im thinking we come out of it with 4 points and go at Japan with our main guys. BTW I enjoy watching your NT, the japan game is the one I am most looking forward to.

c shima, scotch17, Dax and 2 others repped this.
  15. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Japan 2-2 Ivory Coast
    Japan 2-0 Greece
    Japan 1-2 Colombia

16. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Japan 1-1 CIV
    Japan 3-0 Greece
    Japan 2-4 Colombia

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Japan 1-1 CIV
    Japan 2-1 Greece
    Japan 1-3 Colombia

18. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Japan 1-2 CIV
    Japan 0-1 Greece
    Japan 1-3 Colombia

:cry:

19. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    you seem like a japan supported. why do you think japan will lose all games, i would expect you to be optimistic

20. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If this does happen, then my edited predictions:
    Japan 2-2 Ivory Coast
    Japan 3-1 Greece
    Japan 0-0 Colombia

21. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    i just rewatched all 90 mins of japan vs australia world cup qualifying match, which japan luckily drew 1-1.

I just realised, japan is really crap sometimes. and if they play like they did against australia that day. they will most likely lose ALL 3 world cup matches !

22. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You mean like during the Confederation Cup? But if Japan plays as good as it did against Italy, Japan might win ALL 3 matches.

23. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I would not expect much in that regard. It's been closer to 100 years since most of their families left Japan and while I'm sure they still have many "Japanese" traditions, they probably self-identify as Brazilian (as well they should.)

FWIW there was a wave of Brazilian-Japanese immigrants to Japan a decade or so ago, but that seems to have gone generally bad and I imagine there is probably negative opinions about it in Brazil.

24. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They make up 1% of brazils population. so count for about 3 million people there !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Brazilian

Samurai Warrior and Radu Razvan repped this.
  25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Never watched an anime named Michiko to Hatchin? There must be a lot of "Michiko Malandro" or "Satoshi Batista" brazilians out there in Brazil then why not hope for a home-like support?

I'll add: take Tulio with the squad even not as a player but like an ambassador.

Radu Razvan repped this.