Japan vs Iran

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Ramin_k, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Ramin_k

Ramin_k New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    have we played it? If not when do we play them?

2. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    17-Aug-2005

3. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    1-1 or 0-0

just my prediction
    both teams can deal with a tie, tho the glory will be Iran's

4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i have a feeling japan will win but then again i think it will be 1-1 for sure.

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    This is going to be a good game for sure. Hope both teams take this seriously and play a good match.

Also wanted to say, let's not be troll idiots and bash Japan or Iran regardless of who you want to win or who wins.

To be honest the top asian teams need all the help they can get in prep for WC and not one team is that much better than the other. Yeah KOrea lost to Maldives, and VIetnam. Yeah, Iran didn't make WC last time around. Yeah Japan has been consistent... consistently mediocre. Yeah SA embarrassed themselves in last WC. Big whoop.

In my opinion, Korea, Japan, Iran, SA(in their recent form) should play each other as often as possible instead of playing less developed teams in Asia. Especially in prep for WC.

6. RoozPOP

RoozPOP New Member

Apr 30, 2005

Theyve both said they putting out younger reserve players.

The result wont matter one bit,

7. Lastkick

Lastkick New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Canada
    We Have to play seriously. we need tie or win just for showing our ability. especially after Confedration cup nad japan tie with brazil.
    iran is the best team in Asia.

8. RoozPOP

RoozPOP New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Youre right but Branko would rather test his youngters than go for a win.

Borhani, Mobali, Navidkia etc having had a full game for a while, needs to keep them interested. Not to mention Nikki who hasnt had a full game sine Zandi's arival! (then again zandis only played 90 minutes once! :rolleyes: )

9. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I would have to say that Iran and Japan are tied for the best in Asia right now. Although Iran beat japan in March....Japan put up a very good fight and they are a pretty organized team. However, Iran is also a good team that has great offensive ability and as of late...great defensive ability as well. Iran is also starting to become a more organized team and has great individual talent (I'm pretty sure the best individual talent in Asia).

I have to say that Iran and Japan are equally good and the best in Asia.

10. Shahryar

Shahryar New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    USA
    I really believe that Iran (and for that matter, both teams I suppose) should go for a win in August. Here are some of my reasons:

1- By defeating Japan, we will finish not only on top of our group, but also with the best record in Asia.

2- If we do claim (rightfully so, IMO) that we are the best in Asia, we will have to beat Japan at their home. If that is not the proof, I do not know what is.

3- FIFA ranking (as inaccurate as it is), is still used to group different teams in the WC Finals. A win by Team Melli in Japan, will assure us higher ranking by December time, when the Finals' draw takes place. This may help put us in a 3rd pot of teams versus 4th pot.

11. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    No pots for the WC... just seeds (A), the other slots are via confederations, so it makes no difference.

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    You can see the current seeding predictions and the formula in this thread: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199199

13. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
  14. Shahryar

Shahryar New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    USA
    I guess I really meant to say "seeds", thanks for the correction. But as far as saying that the ranking makes no difference, the link provided above contradicts that. The ranking DOES matter, but after looking at the formula, it is clear that it is only part of the overall equation.

Since IRAN was not able to attend the WC'02, it is very important to get as high seeding as it can and defeating Japan helps.

15. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    December is when they do the draw for the world cup?? Are you sure about that? I thought that would be too early. Well that would be great though if it is going to be as soon as december.

16. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's December in Leipzig (I don't know the exact date). They'll be done with all the regional qualifiers and inter-confederation playoffs by then.

In any case, the match in August won't have an effect on the seeding since there's no realistic chance of either team ending up as a seeded team.

17. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    well they did the draw for 2002 World Cup on December of 2001, so we'll see.

18. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    the draw is definitely in december 2005

19. Shahryar

Shahryar New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    USA

I am almost certain that the "final draw" date is December 9th; perhaps someone could confirm this. I have a feeling that we will be in a group with Brazil, Nigeria and a tier-2 European team (Slovakia or Greece). This would be a good draw for Iran, IMO.

20. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Japan will probably win the match, after all they have prepared very well, they tied brazil and beat Greece which has taken their level of confidence very high therefore i see a higher chance for them of winning the game that I see for Iran!

Doesn't matter much though...both have qualified and we should probably witness a very slow and boring game

21. Juve_passion redded

Mar 9, 2005
    No, I don't think so. Although Japan tied with Brazil, Japan still have less talents and skill than Iranian players.

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    this is just my opinion but if ANY team is in a same group with Brazil and Nigeria, I wouldn't call it a good draw. doesn't matter if it's Iran or Argentina.

because we all know what kind of damage Brazil can do, and Nigeria? call me crazy, but I truly think that they are just one good coach away from being a serious contender.

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A good draw would be Mexico as the seeded team plus a medicore European team as well as a medicore African team.

24. Karimi8Rulz

Karimi8Rulz New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Hi everyone! :)

first, I think we need to beat Japan. We just haven't done enough of that lately, and it would rightfully justify our first place in Asia after we beat them in their back yard.

second, this would be ideal table for Iran:

Iran
    3rd or 4th place team from CONCACAF or at worst Mexico (USA is easier for us than Mexico)
    Paraguay or Uruguay
    Turky

we will definitely make the second round if something like this is our group. In a group like that 4 points may be enough to get thru.

25. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    If we r as good as we say we are, then we can advance out of any group, except if we;re in the group of death of course! :D