Japan vs Iran friendly match

Discussion in 'Japan' started by +PL+, Oct 11, 2015.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here we are again after so many years playing against each others. I wish a very good football and high quality performance by both teams. We are in a transition period because many of our veterans retired before or right after the world cup. Our two first options of forwards are also injured but one of them may make it to the match. Our team is under pressure after our bad performance against Oman, so the team should show some quality to calm the fans. I hope your team a great experience. This is the only serious challenge after our last friendly against Sweden in March. Good Luck!

naopon, AKITOD, KiarashM and 1 other person repped this.
  2. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    @+PL+
    How do you rate Queiroz work this last months? Is there much pressure on him?

For Japan, I really would like to see Minamino getting playing time and Shibasaki starting instead of Yamaguchi.

3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3 +PL+, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    I rate him as average (not good and not bad). He is struggling to make the right replacements and find the new formations. He has introduced many young players to the team but our team is not playing into its potential. We need time to experiment with new young players and different formations. The old style is not as useful as it was since it was fit for our bulk of players who retired or are in process of retiring. We need to adopt more offensive football and cover for our weakness in the back. In brief, he is under pressure for our team's recent low performances.

How do you rate this Japanese team?

4. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Excited to see Iran - Japan facing each other again for the first time in 10 years.

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Asia's top two ranked teams Iran & Japan meet after 9 years. The battle for Asian supremacy and #1 spot. :D

6. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i disagree about asia's top two team. but that's debate for another day. should be interesting match considering rest of asia will likely meet either of the two in the next round. i assume japan has never beaten iran in tehran.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Middle East vs East Asia tie?

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Central Asia vs East Asia ==> Where is the middle ground? Tibet?

9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He meant according to fifa ranking, Iran and Japan are top two of Asia.

Our head to head records are (9-5-6)
    Iran win 9
    Draw 5
    Japan win 6
    According to this site
    http://www.11v11.com/teams/japan/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Iran

According to Iranian all times record on wiki
    The record is (7-5-5)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_national_football_team_all-time_record

According to Japanese all times record on wiki and www.jfa.jp
    The record is (6-4-5)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_national_football_team_head_to_head
    https://www.jfa.jp/eng/news/00007070/

According to fifa
    the records are as (7-5-5)
    http://www.fifa.com/fifa-tournaments/teams/compare.html

Japan has never defeated Iran in Tehran. that is right.

datschge repped this.
  10. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    After 10 years, finally

+PL+ and Whispered11 repped this.
  11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) to play away against Iran on October

SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) will play an international friendly against Iran in Iran on 13 October, when they won't have a qualifier game for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup UAE that will also serve as the Asian qualifier round 2 for the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018.

Outlines for International Friendly
    Date and Time
    2015-10-13 (Tue.) - 17:00 (22:30 in Japan time)

Matchup
    Iran National Team vs. SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team)

Venue
    Aside Stadium (Tehran, Iran)

Coach's Comment
    Vahid HALILHODZIC, Coach of SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team)
    We have not analyzed Iran all that much yet, but I remember that they made a great performance in last year's World Cup. We would like to strengthen our team, capitalizing on an opportunity like this. Also, I heard that so many fans are coming to stadiums when Iran play in Iran. I think that it'll be a good test to play behind a huge crowd away for our World Cup qualifying that will be coming up soon.

Reference
    Head-to-head records against Iran
    15 games played, 5-4-6 (Win-Draw-Loss)
    (17 goals and 18 goals allowed)

Japan's last five games against Iran

1997/11/16 Johor Bahru, Malaysia Japan wins 3-2 in extra minutes
    (scorers for Japan: NAKAYAMA Masashi, JO Shoji, OKANO Masayuki) Playoff game to decide the third Asian representative for the FIFA World Cup France 1998
    1999/9/8 International Stadium Yokohama Draw 1-1
    (Scorer for Japan: OKU Daisuke) Kirin Challenge Cup 1999
    2004/7/28 Chongqing,China Draw 0-0 Group stage in the AFC Asia Cup China 2004
    2005/3/25 Tehran, Iran Japan lose 1-2
    (Scorer for Japan: FUKUNISHI Takashi) Final Asian qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup 2006
    2005/8/17 International Stadium Yokohama Japan win 2-1 (Scorers for Japan: KAJI Ryo, OGURO Masashi)
    Final Asian qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup 2006

12. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So the clash of the Titans will finally start...:D

KiarashM repped this.
  13. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Iran v Japan: Queiroz and hosts relishing test

Tuesday's international friendly will see Iran host four-time Asian Cup champions Japan in Tehran.

Iran coach Carlos Queiroz is relishing the opportunity to test his players against Asian powerhouse Japan.

Queiroz's Iran and Japan will meet in an international friendly in Tehran on Tuesday.

The friendly fixture comes after both teams played in scorching conditions in the Asian World Cup qualifying section.

Iran contended with oppressive heat as they drew 1-1 draw in Muscat, Oman and Japan were 3-0 winners over Syria in the Omani capital.

Queiroz was happy with his young group of players post-match as they sit atop Group D ahead of a testing date against the likes of Keisuke Honda, Shinji Kagawa and Yuto Nagatomo.

"Everything is going well with us, but we're playing a very good team in Japan," he said via FFIRI.ir.

"They have international players who have played with Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan, so they have lots of quality.

"It will be a good chance for our players to match up against those with international experience."

Queiroz encouraged fans to attend the game at Azadi Stadium, saying all of the team's energy is focused on Tuesday.

"If we get 50,000 people in the stadium that will be a win for Iran."

Japan will be looking for continued improvement after seeing off Syria in stifling Omani conditions.

AC Milan playmaker Honda is expected to play, and will be hoping for a better performance up front after Japan squandered numerous chances against Syria.

"In attack we are not quite there yet," he said.

"Looking at the flow of the game against Syria we should have scored more.

"We had plenty of chances to. We lacked power and precision."

Both teams will be looking for a win ahead of the next round of qualifiers in November.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/iran-v-japan-queiroz-and-hosts-relishing-test#0hrOjO3lwzTwfSmF.99

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It reminds me more of this type of titans ;)

Also this anime :whistling:

15. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Halilhodzic is also under pressure after not being able to score a goal at home vs Singapore and not winning a match at the East Asian Cup with a B team. The team has not been impressive and some key players like Honda and Kagawa are below expectations.
    Personally I like Halilhodzic's vision and attitude so far, he wants to change Japanese football from the roots and has been building a team for 2018 since he took over.

+PL+ repped this.
  16. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    should be a good test. good luck :thumbsup:

17. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #17 +PL+, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    In our last encounters we had all our guns blazing with the likes of Ali Daei (former Bayern Munich player), Karim Bagheri (former Arminia Bielfeld player), Vahid Hashemian (former Bayern Munich player), Mehdi MahdaviKia (former Hamburger SV player), Javad Nekonam (former Osasuna player) and our legendary player Ali Karimi (former Bayern Munich player). Now it sounds the other way around!;)

First leg in 2005 in Iran (WCQs of 2006)

Second leg in 2005 in Japan

This time Japan is coming with this squad!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    1. Honda (Milan, Italy):notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    2. Kagawa (Dortmond, Germany):thumbsup:
    3. Okazaki (Leicester City, England):notworthy:
    4. Nagatomo (Internazionale, Italy)
    5. Hasebe (E.Frankfurt, Germany):thumbsup:
    6. Kiyotake (Hanover, Germany)
    7. Sakai (Hamburg, Germany)
    8. Yoshida (Southampton, England)
    9. Haraguchi (Herta Berlin, Germany)
    10. Muto (Mainz, Germany)
    11. Minamino (Salzburg, Austria)

vs

Our depleted and very young squad
    1. Sardar Azmoun (Rostov, Russia):notworthy:
    2. Ehsan Hajsafi (F.Frankfurt, Germany):thumbsup:
    3. Alireza Haghighi (Rubin Kazan, Russia)
    4. Ashkan Dejagah (Former Herta Berlin, Wolfsburg and Fulham player):notworthy:
    5. Saeed Ezatollahi (Rostov, Russia)

Unfortunately we don't have four players who could help our team
    6. Gucci (Charlton, England):notworthy: injured
    7. Alireza Jahanbakhsh (AZ, Netherlands):notworthy: injured
    8. Karim Ansarifard (Panionios, Greece) Just gaining his fitness and skills back
    9. Danial Davari (Arminia Bielfeld, Germany) Just came out of injury

18. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Not sure why the excitement for a pretty normal friendly.

Also @+PL+ its pretty obvious you're already trying to make excuses for a possible Iran defeat or poor performance, which really wouldn't matter since it's just a friendly.

Navid1337 repped this.
  19. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No worries I am not making excuses. I am only stating the condition since our last encounter which looks very different from last time. Also if you read the comments you can see a member obviously asked for my opinion, so I don't get why you are talking like this.

It is a friendly but it is an exciting one after 10 years. It may mean nothing to you so you can just do whatever you like but it is still important for some of us.

20. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    2 of the players you claim are missing aren't even remotely part of the squad recently

21. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You can keep your opinion for yourself while lowering your tone. I said "Unfortunately we don't have four players who could help our team" (do you need to read it again), so take your excusing/blaming attitude home. Take a nap, take a shower or have a cup of coffee and chill. Thank you.

22. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well thanks to our Iranian friends I don't have to look much up before the game except the local time of kickoff.

Otherwise, pretty funny seeing the comments about squad depletion this and that. Give it a rest, it's a friendly ffs nobody is taking the result that seriously either way so reminders every 2 posts that Iran are in bad form and missing 2 players doesn't matter much.

AIL1998, Navid1337 and Football Asia repped this.
  23. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Soccer Digest previews this line-up:
    Nishikawa; Shiotani, Yoshida, Makino, Nagatomo; Hasebe, Yamaguchi; Honda, Kagawa, Kiyotake; Okazaki.

[​IMG]

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  24. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    But this one looks more interesting to me:
    Nishikawa; Shiotani, Yoshida, Morishige, Nagatomo; Shibasaki, Hasebe; Minamino, Kiyotake, Usami; Muto.

[​IMG]

Samurai Warrior and takeuchi repped this.
  25. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    It's a very experimental line-up. This match is a good opportunity to measure Japan's current strength and they should field the strongest first eleven. Shibasaki will struggle defensively at this level.