Japan at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's not the best way to win usually. He went for the win, and did the same today. The loss hardly has to do with the team composition anyway.

2. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Was and a little bad luck today...Kyogo Nakamura didn't play so great today...but i like him...has great passing skills.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's a dead end argument. Of course the loss has to do with the player composition in the strict sense. I mean, one could blame the coach for picking Shiraoka if one wanted to. But on the pitch it's the player who make the mistakes and if it wasn't Shiraoka it could've been the other keeper. As I said, I'm not blaming the coach, I never had the intention.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    no one with self esteem would do that because out of the three keepers, Shiraoka looked the best. I know you had no intention but don't start this dead end argument :/ We're all sad and disappointed and looking for culprits

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Right. But I can share Blue's opinion about making sure Watanabe was on the pitch today, for example.
    I hope these players can prove themselves in the next years. There are definitely 3 or 4 that will be interesting to watch =)

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Watanabe, Nakamura, Sugimoto and Ishida, Ogawa and Nakano are the players I'll try to remember from this generation.

Especially the first 3

Looking at it however you want. Keeping Watanabe the best scorer of this team and a captain on the bench was not a good move and probably would not have happened had he played as his life depended on it.

He wanted to win every game, but wanted doing so rotating players giving them experience and so on.

He didnt put the best line up on the field imo where Sugimoto and Watanabe definitely belong. Nakano on the right side attacking with Ishida was also a working combination

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Watanabe scored two tap-in and a PK. He isn't a great individuality. He would likely have made no difference.

8. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Well that was disappointing. This promising team that dominated their group went out rather meekly. This group as a collective have better skills/talents than the previous one, so that is one plus.

Whispered11 repped this.
  9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I disagree. I think he was very good in his all-round play, not just the goals. If the team was playing a more direct style of football, he would have shined even more. Those tap-ins show that he has a very good movement.

Ogawa showed lots promise especially considering that he is one of the youngest players in the team being born in 1997 while most of his team mates and opposition players are born in 1996.

At youth level, it is all about producing top players for the first team. Results are not important but still it`s very sad that they got eliminated. Not playing Watanabe is just unbelievable and very stupid. He should have come on in the 2nd half at the very least.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    All around play was really good today. What was lacking was edge, strength, speed, power, a decisive player, someone who can create his own goals.

This player isn't on the roster.

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Yes, that`s Watanabe ;)

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    you're making scoreboard analysis. Watanabe was fine on the flank but he's been made in the same mold as his teammates. Sugimori is far more individual than Watanabe but he's far from 100% because of a painful growth spurt

13. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    "Sugimori is far more individual than Watanabe but he's far from 100% because of a painful growth spurt"

Oh your previous post was serious.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmm, I'm not really convinced about that. Or, maybe they handled the passing game better, but as individuals I'm not sure.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    it's funny that, out of all the good players, the one having made the best impression on german scouts was Nakano-kun, a last minute call after Sasaki got injured. Sure he's tall, disciplined, smart and rather athletic but he was far from the best.

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    How do you know who made the best impression on German scouts ?

17. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Watched the Sweden match. You guys look like you have an iniesta and xavi with alves out there. Very impressive. Definitely the better team lost. Sweden is a mess.

Saku² and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I would be impressed to if the guy plays as a right winger/inside forward and next game as a center back.

Impressive stuff

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Thanks man.

I know some people. And i'm probably not the only one, it's going to pop up in the press if it hasn't already.

anyway they are still suffering from the loss, to the point I doubt they will recover from it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Tyrion

Tyrion New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi does any body know if today's Tokyo high school cup final is live streamed anywhere ?
    It's between Seiritsu and Syutoku.
    Thanks

21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    i doubt it mate