Japan @ Asian Cup 2019

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Morimotomania.......how does it feel now that you're username is named after one of the biggest disappointing stories of a talented Japanese youngster in history? It's tragic how his career disappeared.

Honestly I just thought about that now. The only more disappointing talent for me was Yoichiro Kakitani.

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    It's clear that this player is a disappointment but I decided to keep this nickname in honor of the time I believed in him. well guys I'm disgusted with this defeat it doesn't pass... I have the impression that every time we have hope for Japan they lose like in 2006, I saw them go through the second round. the opposite every time I saw them losing he surprised me in a positive way as in 2018. let's always be negative towards this team so that they would win their match. that's good I decided not to put any hope for Japan in the copa america =)

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    'aight, time to let a few warnings fly around.
    Why can't people just enjoy their damn football without insulting each other?.

Anyway, Qatar deserved the win, their performance in the competition has been impeccable.

Not sure if you used the report function properly but I can assure you I had to find the posts myself, so something went wrong.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, I did. I used the report button and then I added a comment saying that it was not appropriate. Something must be malfunctioning if that's like you pointed out.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No worries, I re-checked and found it was just pushed down in the reports. All is well, thanks for reporting.

YakYak and Kakeru repped this.
  6. Avesta

Avesta Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Miami, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I just got back from the stadium. It was an interesting game and I have to stay I wad really surprised that Qataris weren't wasting time after they were up 2-0 and even when Japan scored. So fair play to them.

Also what I liked about Japanese fans was that they continued to cheer their team through out the game even when it was 3-1. Some left but most of them stayed and cheered to the end which shows who the real supporters are.

Great tournament overall and a fun one to watch.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The tournament is over, and it seems to be best to take a rest. I'll re-open the thread later.
    Those who are actually interested in Japan can continue using our NT thread.

YakYak and Samurai Warrior repped this.