January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by evil_allan, Nov 23, 2004.

1. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    From what I've seen of his play this season, he's been tackled off the ball pretty easily, plus he would have a tough time heading balls with that hat on. It does make for a nice target for the corner-takers though.

On the upside, he does have a keen eye for goal, as he showed the world in Euro 2004 ;)

I think we can get him for a year's supply of Voll-Damms and patatas bravas.

2. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn you. Now I'm in the mood for that. Looks like I gots to get me some potatos tonight. If only there was a place to get Spanish beer in Chicago.

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Please, no Ljuboja!!!!

I would rather to see playing Barca youth players than him. He isnt good enough for Barca. Waste of money. Bring back Saviola and everythink will OK.

... and Mascherano

...and Kompany:D

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that would be unbelievable. It would never happen of course, but wouldn't it be incredible? Barca scooping the 18 and 20 year old wonderkids.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't have a long term solution for the d-mid position. Motta was always a stop-gap in my opinion. Good skills, bad fouls, certainly not the best at his position. Mascherano COULD be that long term solution, as he looks to one day become a truly world class player (if he isn't already). As for Kompany, I think he will be even better. :)

5. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Getting a Rabbit-Kompany in January would do us wonders come April.

6. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kompany won't be cheap. That is someone who would have to wait till June.

7. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  8. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    now saha's name is out there, is he healthy yet?...if so i think this would be a great signing, best option i've heard, next to morientes and saviola deal, which seems to have been pure speculation.

9. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Saha is out until the new year... otherwise would be a nice option, as he's currently fourth in the pecking order at Man U (I dont understand why...). But he keeps blowing out his knee, so long-term...

The latest rumor seems to bring back the old... Batistuta. Dont know how I feel about this one.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx...=37154&idSez=17

10. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    Do yall think Arsenal's Edu would fit well, If we are indeed looking for 2 midfielders he might be a good option to provide cover for guily, dinho, xavi, and deco. I think his versatility would make him a solid edition. Plus i know in the past he has mentioned wanting a move to Barca, and now seems like Wenger is ready to release him. I haven't heard any transfer rumors, but i'm interested to hear your opinions on him, I don't watch alot of Arsenal matches.

11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    if barca do go out and get two midfielders, i think edu would be pretty good after someone like tachinardi (am i spelling that right?). taccinardi can cover the DM position, and then edu can play either as a DM or in xavi/deco's position. siging these two would give them some much needed depth and take a lot of pressure off the starters. however, if it's a choice between tacchinardi and edu, i think tackinardi would be a much better fit.

12. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No offense to Edu, i think he is a great midfielder at Arsenal and will be a success only as a DM. He is not a creator, have you seen him play, he is known for tough tackling and winning the 50-50. The reason he may be out at Arsenal is he cant seem to find his way in the line up, when not injured. His slot has been taken over by former Barca Juniors man Cesc, who i might add will be great in two years. Anyway, Edu and Tac are not players you want to have at the same time because they do the same thing.
    What they need, i must say this once a week nowadays, is Davids. He is great in the midfield and super quick.....he plays the same position as Deco and would be a tremendous replacement.

13. Brejrin

Brejrin New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    T&T
    tacchinardi would be great imo

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

edu is definitely a 2 way midfielder. to me he is more of an amid than dmid, but i wouldnt want to rely on him for his defense alone.

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I understand where you may view him as an offensive midfielder...but you have to understand he does play at Highbury......everyone but Lehmans looks offensive.

Edu's position for Brazil is D-mid, that is his natural position, he is a real tough tackler and ball winner with offensive skills. What I was trying to earlier was having Edu and Tacc is pointless, they are essentially the same player....Edu cant play wide left or right niether can Tac...so having one or the other but not both is the solution. I believe Edu is a better fit for Barca than Tac, also I dont know how well an Italian can adapt to La Liga.

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    when edu plays for brazil he usually plays on the left in a midfield diamond, with emerson/renato/edmilson playing in front pf the back four.

17. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Arent edmilson and emerson defenders?????

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edmilson is a cb/dm. emerson is a dmid.

edu does not play dm for brazil.

19. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Then i was mistaken by his role with Arsenal......it looks like they have him in front of Patrick, but essential to win balls....

20. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at arsenal it is my opinion that they play with 2 center mids, cm being a player that does both offensive and defensive tasks. whereas viera is the better defender of the two, edu is the better offensive player, however edu does take on defensive responsibilities.

as i have said, if i were a big club i would not feel the least bit comfortable withim being my sole dm.

21. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    14.5 million euro for Valeri Bojinov, is this a good time to go ahead and sign? you think its a fair price? ...i say yes to both...that is only if saviola is not in future plans

22. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think it is a good time and fair. i also do not believe saviola will be back with barcelona.

23. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    There was much talking about DM. As far as I remember Rijkaard is a huge fan of Fabian Ernst from Werder Bremen. He is 23 years old, great DM and good passer with clear view. I dont think he would cost much while transfers in Germany are normaly not very high. I would say somewhere in region of 8 million € would bring Ernst to Barcelona.
    What do you think?!

24. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    The problem with Bojinov is his non-EU status.

25. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI