January Transfer Window News/Rumors part 2

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by minorthreat, Dec 21, 2005.

1. flyingfullback

flyingfullback New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    i wish we had gerrard. i know it wont happen but people can dream :p

2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Cassano and Cicinho. Plenty of time in the transfer window left. Will Real continue to buy?

3. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
    I think they will. Perez is feeling the pressure from the demanding fans. To save his own ass i think he will buy at least one more player. I still think he will be in big trouble if we don't win any trophys this season!

4. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    thing is theres not much trouble he can be in. he's there for at least 2 and a half more years anyway
    unless he resigns, which guillem balague (from skysports and AS) says he will, and leave it to one of the directors or someone

5. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, if RM goes through another trophyless season there will be som much pressure that he will be forced to resign, whether he likes it or not.

6. scotcher

scotcher New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Just saw this over at skysports.com

sky sports link

I've never heard of him before. 9 goals in 16 appearances. I don't feel as if we need another striker at the moment; This could simply be speculation I guess. Anyone know anything about him? Possible back-up on the left?

He's only 26 right now, going to be 27 this year (2006).

-scotcher

7. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is just speculation, at least I hope so. We don't need more strikers, especially an unproven youngster. We have a much better Tavano (although i have never seen him) in Soldado and Portillo.

8. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
  9. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    I would hope so too but since his abilities are not appreciated by the coaches this season: he will go. Damn sad Real keep throwing away players like Gravesen and Owen who work hard for the team with a high morale and with "some" talent! Pisses me off.

:mad:

10. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    Still, it would be good if a player who wasn't valued and who never played to his strengths were allowed to leave - both for his sake, and for Real, if it meant we would seek a replacement who Lopez Caro did value (and was younger).

We do lack a midfield alternative to Guti. With Ballack possibly arriving in the summer, a young guy for this role would be nice.

11. gromhellscream

gromhellscream New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Bangalore
    I know that people will flame me for this ..
    Gravesen is not wat real need rite now .. he was running the show for everton in the middle of the park .He was running front and back .. Now is being used as a DM is Real which is not his position and i havent seen him doin anything special for real in that position since his joinin. We need someone who screens the back four like Makelele .. Diarra of lyon will be a wonderful buy IMO .
    Real also need another top class central midfielder to play consistently instead of Guti .The guy is very talented for sure but he is incapable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck like kaka or gerard .
    Becks is doin quite alrite puts in his effort .
    Baptista he is having a shocker of a season he needs to wake up.
    Barca were struggling in first half of the season when ronaldinho joined them , he was also termed as "another denilson" and now look at him , its the same case with Robinho he need time on the pitch and also needs to become stronger.
    Zidane should be used how bergkamp is used for arsenal , he is still quality but cant run the show all by himself for a full game as we clearly saw against villareal .
    The defence and strikers are ok IMO . Ramos and woodgate can be solid at the back .
    The Midfield is problem for real
    Like chelski we must have atleast 2 players to cover each position

i wud like to see the line up like this next season .
    ---------------------Ronaldo(CF)---------Raul/Cassano-------------
    Reyes(LM)----------------Gerard(CM)--------------------Beckham(RM)
    -------------------------Diarra(DM)---------------------------------
    Carlos(LWB)----------------------------------------------Cicinho(RWB)
    ----------------Woodgate(CB)--------Ramos(CB)----------------------
    ---------------------------Casillas(GK)--------------------------------

Sub: Robinho can be used instead of beckham on the right or reyes on the left
    Zidane and Guti to cover for Gerard
    Pablo Garcia cover for Diarra
    Helguera/Pavon who will not be too bad a backup
    Bravo(dont flame me for this) he will hardly play and nobody else will agree to come 2 real and sit on the bench
    Baptista used instead of Ronaldo and can exercise the aerial ball because he is the only one who can head
    Diogo as cover for cicinho when playing at home 2 play more offensive or salgado to play in away games for a more defensive mindset

When will they click together is a million dollar question?
    Well IMO they started 2 play some amazing football in the middle just before we were hit with a series of injuries even BAPTISTA scored goals . Its a question of time for a set of players to play together without changing their positions too often which is being done a lot nowadays.But the time seems to be running out this season . Hopefully a cup will rise their spirits and bring them the cutting edge we had in the del bosque era.

12. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    Sure. I'm happy for Gravesen if he gets traded to a club where he's appreciated because he deserves it. I'm angry at the people turning their back on him. Mostly at Luxemburgo who decided that the Uruguyan bad ass with no class and less technical skill is a better choice than Gravesen. Also it puzzles me that Caro conciders Helguera a better choice for DM. :confused:
    It's like their trying to get rid of him ala Owen.

13. you're are STARTING again?

14. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Woodgate is injured again - check Marca for source!

We need a CD ASAP - doesn't have to be a feckin' galactico just a relaible experienced la liga player to steady the ship.

also, would be madness to let graveson go now without a top quality replacement - so i fully expect it to happen!

15. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    I think Gravesen has the quality to play for Madrid, ManU, or any team he ends up at. It's evident that he's being benched because he's not in the future plans for the team, which is unfortunate because Madrid are not playing him (and getting bad results), whie trying to overcharge any prospective buyers. Which is, all in all, a really sh!tty move on their part. But it's business I guess.

16. RIBERYOM

RIBERYOM New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    GLASGOW
    according to marca real have targeted riquelme as zidanes replacement! this is surely good news. tho i think real could do with a ballack type more so than riquelme.
    i dont think steven gerard is worth mentioning. everyone needs to forget about him. it aint ever gonna happen. anyways ballack is a better and more consisitent player than gerard. ive watched gerard nearly every week in the last 5 years or so, and i think in a lot of big games hes ineffective.

also im disappointed that man u signed patrice evra without real even showing any interest, i find him a cheaper and better option than ashley cole to replace carlos. he's also perfect for la liga, with his pace and attacking flair, i felt he would've been ideal.

17. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    if i may say so.

Riquelme<Ballack

cheers.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

MILITO.. i have been saying him for a while now.. they need to go back and get this guy...

19. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
    If I may say so...

Ballack<Riquelme

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    if gravesen is on his way out maybe we should bring gago in.

one more thing, requlme > ballack

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    realistically, Ballack is better than Riquelme... althougth Riquelme is more adapted to La Liga....

22. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's tough to say, because Bayern haven't significantly changed their squad or tactics around Ballack's play, while Villarreal is almost wholly built around Riquelme.

23. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    not excite me.
    riquelme would be my dream signing.

24. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real will probably opt for Ballack because he will be free. Villareal realise that Riquleme has only signed a new contract and knowing he's their best player will demand the buyout clause which is somewhere in the region of £37 million. I really like Riqueleme although suprisingly Real defended pretty well againt him. Maybe Madrid would be scared to approach because they realise it would destroy our every growing Brazilian contiguent. :D Ballack has more about his game in regards to aerial ability but I prefer Riqueleme's creative spark. He's more of what we desperately need at the minute. I wonder if this story stemmed from the fact that Riquelme and Zidane had were very friendly before KO. I can see it now though. Riquelem is Barca's version of Eto'o. We regret selling him, they'll regret selling Riquleme.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    wait... dont Barca still own part of Riquelme??