January Transfer Window News/Rumors part 2

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by minorthreat, Dec 21, 2005.

1. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    in this line up, 5 starting players are from the EPL, only Casillas is brought up by Real Madrid and only 2 Spainish players! People will be complaining about the "wrong style" of the club.

plus we would have Robinho and Baptista on the bench --- A LOT of money wasted! Raul --- speechless.

Pavon and Bravo as subs --- They are waiting on the bench for a chance to destroy the game. Why not have some more promising players? I am totally against keeping Pavon.

Cole, Henry and C.Ronaldo --- gonna cost a REAL lot.

Sell Ronaldo? Not easy to find a suitable buyer, really! In other words, I am not sure what amount of money we can expect from the deal.

I don't think Zidane will be a proper starting role next year. He gets injured a lot and obviously ... old.

Garcia --- I don't know if you can say the game against Athletic is really what he can do. I'd rather put Ramos there and buy a new CD.

Finally, Balboa, De la Red and Soldado are not even in the subs? They'll be disappointed... so will the fans.

2. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is funny that the fans keep complaining that the team lost it's spirit because of all the foreigners/brazilians.
    The fact is that you all have the right to wish that a certain player would come and according to the posts here, not many of them are spanish.

Anyway, Cicinho is much better attacking than defending. He does both things better than Diogo.
    São Paulo doesn't have a good number 10, to set up the plays and stuff.
    The team relies heavily on the LB and RB (Junior and Cicinho).
    Because of this, is acceptable that Cicinho would attack a lot and neglect his defensive role a bit.
    The DMs have the responsibility to cover him.
    That's the way he plays and RM could play like this. But that doesn't mean that he can't learn to be more defensive.

For those who saw the match against Liverpool. He played an awful match. Don't measure him by that performance.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I read many of those observations you have made on Brasilian websites, that Cicinho liked to bomb up and down the pitch on attack. As long as he doesn't get too far out of position on attack, he should be fine. He is 25 and I'm sure is willing to learn to play defense for Real Madrid.

4. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    I don't think Madrid need to make that many signings in the winter. I think between the summer signings (although they've been overall disappointing so far) and the youth players, only a good CD is needed, along with someone who can play CAM/support striker (Cassano seems to fit that bill) and a backup for Zidane

So a a 4-2-3-1 could look like:

Salgado ---- Ramos --- Helguera* ---- R. Carlos *Other CD
    ------------- Guti ---- Gravesen -----------
    Beckham -------- Cassano ------------ Zidane/new signing
    ---------------- Ronaldo --------------------

Not perfect. Replacing Beckham with Balboa would look nice, though.

But if Beckham has to play, then

Salgado --- Ramos --- Helguera* --- R. Carlos *Other CD
    Beckham --- Gravesen ---- Guti ----- Zidane/new signing
    ---------- Cassano* ---- Ronaldo ----------- *Soldado

5. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cicinho will be a good signing, I agree though that he needs to work on his defense. I heard Harry Kewell pretty much had his way with Cicinho at the WCC. But he is only 25, and Kewell was on form. Either way, he'll be good.

6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was really sad to see that.
    Kewell always made a little stop, like if he was going to run inside the box, and then ran to the end of the field and crossed.
    Cicinho was fooled by this many times.

But Cicinho was really not himself at that game. I would not say he choked, because he played great at Confed Cup, and that was his debut on the NT.
    Everybody has bad days.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm surprised because I think Kewell is sooooo overrated.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    oh yeah Zidane DOESNT need a back-up.... he needs someone to take his place so he can rest and be more fresh....

Zidane KNOWS he is in a more super sub role NOW... and he has already stated long ago who he wanted his successor to be........ Ballack!!!!!

Riquelme would cost too much, if he came and didn't produce we would have wasted money..... While Ballack can be free in the summer or we can sway Bayern Munich to cash in on him in the winter..... that makes more sense huh!!!!!

so far everything is going to plan for me...

he have Cicinho,
    we are on the verge to get Cassano,
    we just need Ballack secured on pre-contract or signed in the winter,
    we need Lugano/Kompany/Milito signed in the summer to sure up our backline.

this way we have increased our squad and we have all quality!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

yeah he's a little hyped, but Kewell on form is a really solid winger. Back in his leeds days anyways, I don't think Liverpool have seen him have a solid season yet. However he's gonna have a good one this time around, followed by the Socceroo's first trip to the WC in a while!

10. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    casillias is the only example of madrid keeping young talent, they almost sold him too , perez didn't wnat him but forced to sign him back.But hey look at portillo, he broke every raul record, but where the ******** is he now?? they should bring him back

11. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    POrtillo got a couple chances up in Division 1, I thought he was too small or something. Soldado broke alot of Portillo's records too, but he seems a little more physically suited to La Liga.

12. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Oh, I am sorry but I forgot to look at prices, hehe.
    Well, I don't think we should have more Spanish players. Just put Raúl instead of Henry.

13. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    some said on the other thread that since Floro is here he might bring Arango to madrid since he brings him everywhere he goes :p he is a left winger :rolleyes: u think he'll try to get him here ? ne1 knw if Arango's ne good ? i doubt he'll come but you never knw..

14. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
  15. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    AS.com is running a nifty little article about capello.

they are saying that capello will come only if we sign Adriano, Ibrahimovic, Vieira y Gerrard. well we did it in 96-97 and well we can do it again, it seems very unlikeley, but imagine if it could happen?

16. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003

I read that....the as writers are on crack again.

17. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    haha but holy ******** imagine that!!

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    arent they ALWAYS... lol.

19. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Could anyone tell me what we did in that year to bring Capello?

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    GREAT POINT.. couldn't say it any better!!

21. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We won the league in that year Capello was in charge. After that he said he doesn't like returning to old clubs. It appears increasingly likely he's going to prove himself wrong. ;)

Lizardking, Capello didn't have his enormous status back then. He was famous for his job with AC Milan but he hadn't yet ventured abroad and winning something with Madrid in his only season was proof that he was special. Prior to his arrival we had a nothing year. Since he has went back to AC, Roma and now Juve. As you can see his services would are a lot more valued in todays game.

22. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Thank you for the info.

I think currently Real Madrid is playing out-of-order. I am thus especially keen to see Capello here. Though someone commented his games would be a bit dull, I don't mind. I want to see systematic defence and attacking.

Currently a job at Real Madrid is much more challenging than the one at Juventus. I think it's likely that Capello will come here to prove he is the best of the world.

Keep my fingers crossed ... :rolleyes:

23. gromhellscream

gromhellscream New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Bangalore
    Reported by realmadrid.dk

Juventus coach Fabio Capello is interested in a return to Real Madrid.

Capello has made Real intermediaries he is open to moving back to Madrid at the end of this season, if president Florentino Perez is prepared to meet his transfer demands.

Real sources have told AS that Capello has a shortlist of four galacticos for the summer market - including Juventus pair Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Patrick Vieira. The Italian master coach also wants Inter Milan's Adriano and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard.

Perez would have to commit to a spending budget of over £100 million, but could amazingly be persuaded to do so as Capello is his No1 choice to arrest the club's embarrassing slide over the last 18 months.

That ll make one mouth watering lineup

24. gromhellscream

gromhellscream New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Bangalore
    ---------------------------Casillas ---------------------------
    Cicinho ------------Ramos ----------Woody -------Carlos :confused:

----------Gerard :cool: ---------------------Vieira -----------------
    ------------------------Robinho ------------------------------
    ---------------Zlatan :cool: --------------------Zidane -------
    ------------------------Adriano/Ronaldo :cool: ------------------

25. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    If I had to compare Arango to somebody I would say Kaka not as good dribbling and much better passing.
    He's a leftie and has an amazing long distance shot for his size.
    He's also excellent in freekicks

People say that he's still too inconsistent, but I think the problem is that Hector Cuper (Mallorca's DT) try to cover every hole in the team with Arango.
    Cuper has played Arango everywhere from defensive midfield, winger to forward. ;(