January Transfer Window News/Rumors part 2

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by minorthreat, Dec 21, 2005.

1. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The other thread got closed because the admins are trying to cut down on long threads and it had gone well over 600 posts. Have at it, then.

2. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It will be intersting to see what players caro wants to bring in.Because coaches should bring players that fit to their systems , not try to change the system so it would fit the stars they have.

3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've been reading a lot that Cicinho will go to Fiorentina on loan for 6 months in January. So i guess we can't count on him playing for us immediately.

4. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    We need a better CD. Hopefully Woody will be back soon. Plus R.Carlos might leave this winter or at the end of the season so they start looking for a LB to back up/replace bravo.

5. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    agreed. we need major changes to our defence. our lot play like fecking clowns

perez needs to pull the cheque book out of his a*s and sign the following:

3 cds: not exaggerating: helguera/pavon/meija are all incompetant, ramos is too naive and woody is unreliable. therefore we need 2 starters and 1 cover

2 lbs: as much as i like him, robetros legs have gone so we need 1 starter and 1 cover.

1 cm. the most difficult to get but we need a vieria or keane type player who is experienced and can boss the midfield. can't think of anyone who can do this

can't suggest names at this stage but we should forget about players beinf cup tied cos we have 0% chance of winning it this year.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The list should include Chivu, Lugona (sp?), Cassano, Cicinho, and Luque...

7. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    for me , the most important signing we could make is a new no10 player.Acreative midfield for me is more important than defenders.

8. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Ballack is a MUST

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    ------------Casillas-------------
    Cicinho-Wood/Helg-Lugano-R.Carlos
    ---------------Ramos-----------
    ------Beckham------------------
    ----------------Ballack----------
    Robinho------------------Cassano
    ------------Ronaldo-------------

PERFECT!!! This should be are starting line-up after the winter transfers!!!!

Beckham will play rigardless... so that is the perfect place.
    Ballack will feed to wingers and Ronaldo
    New defense is younger and should form well!!!

What do you think??????

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Bringing in Ballack will cost you a chunk of money, and he will not play in the CL. I don't know what good he will do as I believe La Liga is gone. However, if we want bank on him changing our fortunes in La Liga, and that that will help bring the morale of the players up, then it may have a chance. Before anyone can come, however, a few have to go. Perez, Carlos, Beckham, and Guti should be shipped out. These are the rotten apples.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Perez will NEVER sell Beckham...

he brings RM TOO MUCH MONEY.... so we HAVE to make lemonade out of lemons and put Beckham in a lower right midfield position and let robinho run loose on the right wing...

as for RC.. he has recently restated is love for winning silverware for RM
    read here from GOAL.COM:

Roberto Carlos Rethinks Future Plans
    12/21/2005 8:39:00 PM
    Reaching the end of his tether at a Real Madrid that has turned into a pressure cooker that heats up with each passing trophy-free year, Roberto Carlos made declarations saying that he’d like to return to Brazil and play out the rest of his career under less stress. Now, in declarations made to Rádio Jovem Pan, the player has changed his mind.

Right now my bank account is the least of my concerns, but I want to stay at Real Madrid for another couple of years to repay the kindness that the supporters here have always shown me, then go back like Edmundo is doing now” explained the seleção 6, who’s always made his desire to end his playing days at Santos (his father’s team) loud and clear.

What he did definitely close the day on was a lucrative dip into the Middle East circuit. “There’s been a lot of talk about Qatar, but if I leave Real Madrid I’m heading back to Brazil. My plans at the moment are to enjoy and less stressful year and after that get my career as a Coach up and running.”

Despite the constant longing for his children, Roberto is conditioning his exit from the Santiago Bernabéu to Merengue results over the next twelve months. “I’m not leaving without getting back to the good old habit of winning things. If we can bring some silverware back to Madrid then I can return with a clean conscience.”

Now the rest of the guys... I CANT SPEAK FOR... THERE NEEDS TO BE A SERIOUS CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY IN DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

12. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ha looks like the booing got to him. Regardless of the reasons, its good to see him say these things, he's a player that deserves a golden handshake and testimonial from Madrid for his contributions over the past decade??. So this is nice to see.

13. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Here's the million dollar question:

IS R. MADRID GONNA TRY TO GET RIQUELME?????

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Riquelme would cost a FORTUNE!!! Villareal would not sell him to us for under 20-25 million euros....

why not get a Ballack who is free in the summer or you could pay a small fee this winter for??????

Nothing against Riquelme, but his price DEFINITLEY will be blown up because everybody knows how despreate we are!!!

smart pick ups would be:

Ballack: Cheap or free in the summer.. anyhow still cheap!!! only thing expensive is wages.. and his shirt sales can pay his wages!!!!!

Cassano: Cheap and VERY TALENTED, just has baggage, we can fix that!!!

Cicinho: Basically ours, no disscusion needed

Lugano: He will demand a price, but still worth every penny. dont let AC Milan beat you to the next maldini/nesta.

Milito/Kompany/Lucio/Sagnol: just another strong defense player.. the ones we have right now are completely questionable.

In the summer also, I would get rid of Salgado... he is getting old and you can tell by his play

I would get rid of Helguera, it is obvious his mind is else where.

If roberto carlos makes another complaint after he has just re-dedicated his life to the club, I would replace him with Ashley Cole.

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Ashley Cole is in our future regardless of what Carlos does or doesn't say.

16. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I don't think any of you have seen Lugano play. The man is in and out a thug. The kind of dirty defender that collects yellow cards and makes sh1tty (as in dangerous) challenges. I don't think his antics would play well in Serie A, let alone La Liga. HE is NOT the next Nesta, Terry, [any other reasonable defender].

You guys should be careful what you wish for. There is a distinction between committment, grit, determination and bad challenges, bad attitude, etc. Every time our club is associated with him (supposedly we have first option) I die a little inside.

17. Glass Moon

Glass Moon Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Brasil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I´ve seen him play, at least fifty games, and I can guarantee you that he is the best south american defender right now. While not the next Nesta, Terry, or whatever, he is a great defender. He is young, cheap and has an italian passport.

And if you are basing your opinion on 2-3 games, at least you could ask an uruguayan or someone who have actually seen him play.

18. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    What I recon is, just get a CD/LB to tighten the defense and then get a youth/reserve player to play the CM role. So what if it's risky because Real Madrid are gonna get no where if they just buy their problems out we need to use our youth and reserve players.

19. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I've seen more than 6-7 games of him playing for Sao Paolo. What makes you think a Uruguyan would give an unbiased opinion anyway? My opinion comes from what I've seen, it's as good as any. I don't think there is room in modern football for his style of play, but then again that is just my opinion. I stand by my warning though, he will collect cards like they are candy. Not to mention, I don't think you would get him for as "cheap" as you think.

20. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I've seen several games of Lugano and he can be very "uruguayan" sometimes but he's fast, strong, tough and good heading.
    Besides, being a central defender you want him to be able to do some damage if needed.

That's if you want one of the best central defenders in the World.
    He's clearly better than all the defenders in Brazil's and Argentina's national team.

21. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should RM go after a player that is a starter for his NT?

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought Lux wanted Lugano and Lux is gone so the chance of him joining is very slim.

23. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Lugano is a diving ******** and that may work out in Sao Paulo but hardly in any descent club. He would be a great player if it wasn't for his cheap tricks.

24. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    Since we used the last transfer period to piss away our left side attackers (Figo could play both sides), we need someone over there desperately. My first choice is REYES, followed by LUQUE.

Luque might be the cheaper of the two, and may be more attractive, as (I believe - help me out here) he would be eligible to play CL matches with us.

25. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    is it jus me or is gravesen most likely leavin this winter .. perez said we wont sell but the guy isnt playin is he still injured ?? :confused: cuz a guy like him needs to play in a WC year n if he does leave i think that will mean more of ramos in the mid and woody with helgurea at the back considerin woody stays fit ,, but all fairness to him his last injury was luxa's fault for playin him when he wasnt fully recovered he had a habit of doin that near the end..