January Transfer Window Dream

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Fire-Chop, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Fire-Chop

Fire-Chop New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Slow week here so I thought I would post my dreams for transfers this winter.

** After PSV go on to win their Champions Leage group they decide they need another defender. Beasley offers a good reference for his old Fire teammate prompting a $1.5 million for Bocanegra from Fulham.

** After qualifying for the next round in the CL, Benfica decide they need another striker, prompting them to renew their interest in a recovered GAM Johnson and get him for a cool $3million.

** Shalke needing a right back for their EUFA Cup run pick up Steve Cherundelo from Hannover

** Machester United loan Rossi to Fulham to replace Thomas Radzinski (who is sold to a 2nd div. Polish side for a case of sausage). Rossi proceeds to score 10 goals and decides to partner with his teammate McBride at the WC.

** After scoring 2 and assisting on 1 against Scotland, Eddie Gaven impresses McLeish enough to bring the youngster to Ibrox. (OK so this will be the first one of the list to not happen).

** Gibbs and JOB become healthy, that is all, just healthy.

** Howard is given up upon by ManU and is sold to Sunderland where he catches fire and keeps the Black Cats in the premiership.

** Reading decide they want to stay in the CCC and sell Convey to Aston Villa (not sure why I picked Aston Villa, somebody suggest a Premiership team that needs a left wing)

OK I have avoided enough work now. thanks for your time.

2. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Actually I'd rather see Gooch go to PSV.

3. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

I have my own list:

- Peter Nowak decides it is his dream to coach in his native Poland and the club that bought Thomas Radzinski has enough sausage left in the freezer to make it happen.

- Tim Howard is sent to DC United for a Freddy Adu to be named later.

- Ryan Nelsen beats Brad Friedel in an American accent contest and the fallout causes Brad to realize how much of his national identity he has lost. To rectify this, he demands that he be sold to the next expansion team in MLS...Toronto!

- Rossi gets loaned to DC United (hey, if that doesn't get him on the USMNT nothing will).

- Zak Whitbread changes his nationality from American to English on the Liverpool website and is sold for 12,000,000 quid to Real Madrid to partner Woodgate in central defense.

- DaMarcus Beasley is sentenced to 3 months in prison for customs violations. As a result, soccer becomes cool to inner city kids, and the USA wins the 2018 WC.

- Onyewu gets sold to Blackburn instead of serving a 358 game Jupiler League suspension for red cards.

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you forgot donovan to AJAX ;)

5. socks

socks New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    oaxaca mexico
    or donovan to anywhere.

6. fillmorejive

fillmorejive New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    LA
    Friedel subsequently begins saying "aboot", "ay, bud-day", develops a flapping head when he speaks, and wears the letter "B" on the front of his keeper jersey.

7. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    You mean Landon can see ... ahem, eye-to-eye with Danny Blind?

8. guero

guero New Member

May 3, 2004
    chicago suburbs
    And goes on a steady diet of Kraft dinner. Also digs for treasure.

9. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    My dream...
    Tim Howard from the reserves to a first team...somewhere.

10. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    That's pretty funny.

11. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    All I want is Marcus Hahnemann to keep his temper and end up not putting a cap in some poor fool...

12. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Me:

Healthy GAM
    Healthy JOB
    Healthy Gibbs
    Healthy Reyna
    etc.

Everyone healthy. Especially these four.

13. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    (&*&)*&&^^()*&&*^)*)(**&%*&*^&)
    ((*&*^%^$#@#%&*(*
    And I mean that.

An interesting last graph on a story about Reading and January: Coppell is on his way to Scotland this weekend to scout for potential January transfers. The team is interested in defense.
    Anyone have any idea what game he might be scouting during an international break?
    http://www.getreading.co.uk/story.asp?intid=13234

14. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    There aren't too many USA players on the roster that could get a work permit and still be in Readings price range. I don't suppose you guys want Josh Wolff do ya? :p

15. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    let's see, good speed, frequently injured but can impress when he's healthy, though has been known to vanish for long stretches of a season...yes, he'd fit right in. :(

16. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

Jimmy Conrad to Reading!!!!!!!!!!

17. Fire-Chop

Fire-Chop New Member

Jun 8, 2004

Berhalter may want to go back to England. Especially if he has a chance at moving up to the premiership.

Although he is currently in the promotion fight in Germany as well, so he may not be available.

18. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My January Transfer Dream:

Reyna, Rossi, Howard and Philakopis to Metro

Beasley, Spector and Bocanegra to Chicago

McBride and Freidal to Columbus

Nelson and Convey to DC

Keller to RSL

JOB and Feilhaber to LA

West, Russell and Lewis to SJ

Gibbs to FC Dallas

Berhalter to NE

Hahnaman to KC

19. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    I second that, man the league would be so much more exciting/competitive with all those players.

20. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why do you hate Keller so much?

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ESPECIALLY in a world cup year, what on earth would be the point of any of these moves? excluding any answers that involve petty selfishness, these all seem dumber than a wet sack of hammers

oh... and nelsEn is not a yank abroad

22. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

yea...and they'd all be out of form by the time the World Cup rolls around becauyse they won't play another club game until April. a month before training camp

23. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Of the Yanks in Scotland for the friendly, Steve can surely afford Berhalter (Irish passport) and Heath Pearce (a likely low transfer fee and a probable work permit on appeal).

Of the MLS guys not there, Rico Clark could make for a quality right wing-back or a defensive mid once he's used to the English football and Danny Califf is a free transfer come January.

Chad Marshall will cost some coin but Tyrone Marshall may be reasonable and have earned enough Jamaican caps to get a WP right away.

24. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I had a dream of Matt Taylor partnering w/Henry at Arsenal, and they go onto to win the tremble....

25. Fire-Chop

Fire-Chop New Member

Jun 8, 2004

I would think Berhalter could be a little expensive. After all he is the captain of his team who have a good chance of promotion to the Bundesliga.

I would not think they would let him go for cheap.